Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Thanks Jase! How are you and the new build?

You're welcome Kat :). I've been well, things are getting busier for me getting closer to December. The new build had been getting little to no attention lately but I'm hoping to get things going back in the right direction soon! How is everything in the US of A?

• Like 1

Beautiful tank shots Kat! Your tank is so pretty and very artistic in its lay out. I love it!

Thank you so much. It brings me a lot of joy.

Legit pics Kat. Makes me want to sell my radion pro and get a nanobox hybrid 2 t5's and 3 or 4 led pucks. Hmmmm

Oh, there is no comparison IMO between hybrids and just pure LEDs. For growth but also a natural color rendering. If you do get anything from Dave, I recommend getting 4 channel dimming over 2 or 3. It allows the smallest tweaks and is fantastic.

Tank looks amazing! What kind of stand is it on? I like the sleek white look of it. I couldn't find info on it in the 300 some odd pages of the thread.

The cabinet is called Piano White from CAD and at the time they were offering either black or white options. I went with white and it's perfect. It is made with plywood. I think these are made in China so the paint on it comes factory applied as a thick glossy coat.

What are you her thread librarian now?

:slap:

Harry has been helping me index my thread.

Damn, those pictures are insane!!

And Kgoldy has returned!!

Yea, Dave took awesome pictures.

KG hasn't returned, I was texting him on Veterans Day and I guess he decided to pop in and check out the new pics. He's doing so many good things for Veterans, getting bills into the right hands, influencing people to care about vets, he has a great future in politics. I was joking that we will need to get him a tank in his official office and he said he can't wait.

• Like 4

Kat, the tank looks great and Dave took awesome pics. I am now officially sold on doing a hybrid when my little tanks grow up. I keep watering them but they grow very slowly, though :P

• Like 3

Thanks Teeny. I won't ever have a tank without hybrid lights. I have been running hybrids for 2.5 years. I haven't ever had LEDS only, okay I lied, my nano tank with the CurrentUSA light is running. I realize there isn't a basis for comparison here but the T5's not only give more over all light without deep shadows, they are great for growth and color.

• Like 3
Dr.Brain Coral

Oh, that to bad he isnt back but what he is doing is fantastic!! What job does he have in office?

Also I am bringing a friend to the Big Apple this summer since he has never been to a big city, any suggestions for places to see?

Oh, that to bad he isnt back but what he is doing is fantastic!! What job does he have in office?

Also I am bringing a friend to the Big Apple this summer since he has never been to a big city, any suggestions for places to see?

He's fighting the good fight, is not in office of any sort yet.

The Big Apple - suggestions for places to see? It's the Big apple! There is nothing BUT places to see. Take your pick, liberty, ground zero, broadway, 5th Avenue, Grand Central Station, The Met, Guggenheim, Long Island Aquarium, Times Square.

• Like 2
Dr.Brain Coral

He's fighting the good fight, is not in office of any sort yet.

The Big Apple - suggestions for places to see? It's the Big apple! There is nothing BUT places to see. Take your pick, liberty, ground zero, broadway, 5th Avenue, Grand Central Station, The Met, Guggenheim, Long Island Aquarium, Times Square.

Thats true lol. Its been a long time since I have been so we will probably go everywhere lol

• Like 1

Hey Kat not sure your still there or not but heard bout the shit going on in Paris right now, and it started at a soccer game or something... Hope all is well and your ok!!!!!

Hey Kat not sure your still there or not but heard bout the shit going on in Paris right now, and it started at a soccer game or something... Hope all is well and your ok!!!!!

Thank you Chris, it's a shame what is happening there :( I am thankfully far away, I appreciate you thinking of me.

I'm surprised that in this day and age of every moment being captured on photo and video, there isn't much on the actual acts taking place. There are videos of the aftermath or maybe the internet is being policed for once, I don't know.

• Like 1

Thank you Chris, it's a shame what is happening there :( I am thankfully far away, I appreciate you thinking of me.

I'm surprised that in this day and age of every moment being captured on photo and video, there isn't much on the actual acts taking place. There are videos of the aftermath or maybe the internet is being policed for once, I don't know.

I'm glad to hear you are away from all that and safe! But it is definitely a shame that its even happening and anyone has to worry about that kinda stuff and if their friends/ family is safe or not :(

Definetly go to ground zero it's very so being and eye opening as well as the calmest atmosphere in nyc. Try johns pizzeria near time square no pizza tastes the same for me anymore . (I'm sure a quick search would tell you where it is, I believe 8th avenue and something else).

If want good pics of the city go up the Rockefeller tower not the Empire State Building. I'm sure you would rather have the ESB in the pictures than take them from the top of it, also it's a lot shorter wait in lines and you can see the Rockefeller centre down below and the skating rink etc. Also some fancy shops way out of most people's price zone.

• Like 1