Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Sunday afternoon. I finally went shopping and just got homw. My grandmother is resting but I will recount every shop I went to and show her everything I bought. This will be the highlight of the day for her, she's a shopoholic. In her day she went most afternoons to the market for fresh vegetables, milk, eggs, condiments, medicines.

I bought some treats for my niece, little odds and ends that I need in the kitchen, like a small pressure cooker, and some spices.

Dinner tonight is my all time favorite from a restaurant that I dream about. For my 12th birthday I had asked my parents for a weekly subscription to the restaurant. They make the best lentils in the whole world and I wanted to eat it once a week. Gosh my mouth is already watering. :D

I posted the FTS that Dave took of my tank on instagram and Facebook and collectively it's got the maximum likes and resulted in the most followers for a single post, to date.

• Like 9

Thanks RK, I've always had a zoa garden even in the ol' RSM. Growth across the board for all corals is great. Everybody is healthy and happy. Which is not to say that i don't get my share of pests and problems, I sure do. But a healthy reef responds well to anything done to control pests and problems. Every reef should have T5s, that's just how I feel.

• Like 1

Thanks RK, I've always had a zoa garden even in the ol' RSM. Growth across the board for all corals is great. Everybody is healthy and happy. Which is not to say that i don't get my share of pests and problems, I sure do. But a healthy reef responds well to anything done to control pests and problems. Every reef should have T5s, that's just how I feel.

I see some zoas that I needz... maybe we can trade.

them rastas sure did take off.. :happydance:

Sup people. It's 6 am here, jet lag is almost done but I fly back home in 2 days so it will start all over again. ha.

TS sent me a picture of the reef and the glass needs cleaning, and stuff needs straightening but it seems like everything is okay. I suppose my weekend back will be spent mixing up water, doing some cleaning.

• Like 1

Sup, troublemaker? I'd help you out with some solutions for your jet lag but all of mine are suuuper unhealthy for you... Think a BUNCH of caffeine and powering thru the first 12 hrs.

:P reverse jet lag isn't so bad because I'm going home after all, flying East across the Atlantic is the worst. Sleepy at 4-5pm, wake up 3-4 am.

I'm hoping an overnight flight will help me avoid bad jet lag... Do they have Starbucks over there?

Yeah, Starbucks has stores in major cities across the world.

For local flavor try Cafe Nero

I'm sure they'll have me trying all sorts of local foods and drinks. All I have to do is bring them NutterButters.

• Like 1

I'm sure they'll have me trying all sorts of local foods and drinks. All I have to do is bring them NutterButters.

I heard the have bean and sausage flavored pop tarts. ;)

• Like 2

Also! Pinner just asked me to text him a dirty picture. I'm like wth, I'm not Santa.

But I'm thinking about it......

:o I said wanted a picture of your dirty tank! Or, I thought I had [checks]. Yep. (was sleepy at the time)

Don't put words into my mouth! I generally will believe I said them. :rolleyes:

Challenge Stands: Dirty tank pics. I just want to see how horrible the tank can look after like a month of your absence.

I'll still take any dirty pics of you

• Like 5

JA BOOM!

22538424008_d1f55751f7_c.jpgkatftsfront by David Fason, on Flickr

22967842951_85a553f4da_c.jpgNano Box Hybrid ATI by David Fason, on Flickr

22956696985_a78654ff79_c.jpgNano Box Hybrid ATI by David Fason, on Flickr

22768677680_d738a18443_c.jpgNano Box Hybrid ATI by David Fason, on Flickr

22967774221_6493d92280_c.jpgNano Box Hybrid ATI by David Fason, on Flickr

22335464023_c09bfd7150_c.jpgNano Box Hybrid ATI by David Fason, on Flickr

22956702735_ffc6d96f60_c.jpgNano Box Hybrid ATI by David Fason, on Flickr

22335550253_d69d19c02d_c.jpgNano Box Hybrid ATI by David Fason, on Flickr

22930710746_15d557a63c_c.jpgNano Box Hybrid ATI by David Fason, on Flickr

-Dave

That's not a beach bum monti I see is it?

• Like 1

JA BOOM!

22538424008_d1f55751f7_c.jpgkatftsfront by David Fason, on Flickr

22967842951_85a553f4da_c.jpgNano Box Hybrid ATI by David Fason, on Flickr

22956696985_a78654ff79_c.jpgNano Box Hybrid ATI by David Fason, on Flickr

22768677680_d738a18443_c.jpgNano Box Hybrid ATI by David Fason, on Flickr

22967774221_6493d92280_c.jpgNano Box Hybrid ATI by David Fason, on Flickr

22335464023_c09bfd7150_c.jpgNano Box Hybrid ATI by David Fason, on Flickr

22956702735_ffc6d96f60_c.jpgNano Box Hybrid ATI by David Fason, on Flickr

22335550253_d69d19c02d_c.jpgNano Box Hybrid ATI by David Fason, on Flickr

22930710746_15d557a63c_c.jpgNano Box Hybrid ATI by David Fason, on Flickr

-Dave

Hybrid is like, Whoa! tank is like, Whoa!