inTank Media Baskets

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
supermarvin76

This tank rocks.

I'm trying to read through your whole thread, but going 3 days now and I'm still around page 12....

SouthFlorida_Tron

Mine is sitting at my door! Damn work... Only an hour left then ill get to play with it, any tips ?

Max height setting, and it will get thicker as days pass

This tank rocks.

I'm trying to read through your whole thread, but going 3 days now and I'm still around page 12....

Fast forward lol

SouthFlorida_Tron

Adjust it on the mount it's on so you move it higher. Use a takes measure, from the bottom of the pump to waterline, 5.5" to 5.75"

SouthFlorida_Tron

Gotcha..... Will check shortly, it's in at least!

Alright it was at like 6.5" ish now I've got it at 5.5-5.75.... Adjusting the foam for next few hrs before I pass out

Awesome, so the reason for setting it this way, (higher up) is otherwise, the foam head will form right in the collection cup neck and you are already on full drain, at least in my case...

So at the higher setting, less water is inside the skimmer, and you will be able to control for a much dryer skim, I find it skims wet unless you watch it.

Tomorrow I will be posting of a gunked up skimmer cup from the dry crap its been pulling out since its practically broken in now, its amazing the night and day difference to the 9002. Shame, as the 9002 seemed to be such a staple in this nano hobby.

SouthFlorida_Tron

So I think it is safe to say this new PLS-50 is broken in, still going a bit wet, but i think it will always be that way for skimmers this size, none the less, look at this gunk!

Almost coffee... maybe a bit wet

Im pretty interested in getting a pls-50 especially after how much you like it Tron, you are running it at 5.75"? I have a little less than 9" of depth to work with.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Im pretty interested in getting a pls-50 especially after how much you like it Tron, you are running it at 5.75"? I have a little less than 9" of depth to work with.

More than enough water. I had mine deeper, but it filled too much water inside the skimmer and made it difficult to control the bubble level, vs the drain openings, and the foam was producing way too wet, now I can control it better.

More than enough water. I had mine deeper, but it filled too much water inside the skimmer and made it difficult to control the bubble level, vs the drain openings, and the foam was producing way too wet, now I can control it better.

Awesome! I may just have to place an order for one then, thanks.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Awesome! I may just have to place an order for one then, thanks.

What are you running currently? JR, STI, & I all changed from previous skimmers (mostly Tunze) to this, im the first... very happy so far. My Nitrates particularly have dropped tremendously vs the Tunze performance...

What are you running currently? JR, STI, & I all changed from previous skimmers (mostly Tunze) to this, im the first... very happy so far. My Nitrates particularly have dropped tremendously vs the Tunze performance...

Im actually running skimmer-less at the moment, I had the 9002 in the past and was never really that impressed with it which is why I haven't decided on one until now.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Im actually running skimmer-less at the moment, I had the 9002 in the past and was never really that impressed with it which is why I haven't decided on one until now.

If you have a space of 4" x 4" and 6" of water, this skimmer will fit. I think this skimmer will have a huge impact on the Nano Market as far as performance goes.

If you have a space of 4" x 4" and 6" of water, this skimmer will fit. I think this skimmer will have a huge impact on the Nano Market as far as performance goes.

I have more than enough room in the back chamber of my picO, only thing is I may not be able to run my reactor at the same time. Im pretty pumped that your so pumped about this skimmer haha.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I have more than enough room in the back chamber of my picO, only thing is I may not be able to run my reactor at the same time. Im pretty pumped that your so pumped about this skimmer haha.

Well, the performance doesn't lie. It just works. My Tunze never pulled crap like that in even 2 weeks..... Its all about the design i think... its a traditional skimmer design, the Tunze has that weird box with inside chambers and such... i never knew how different it was until this new skimmer.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Skimmer looks nice. I have been adjusting my reef octopus like millimeters over the past few weeks trying to find the sweet spot. Almost.....

Got any plans for the tank? I've been thinking about more lps.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Skimmer looks nice. I have been adjusting my reef octopus like millimeters over the past few weeks trying to find the sweet spot. Almost.....

Got any plans for the tank? I've been thinking about more lps.

Well, as of now, I'm content... Just waiting for the designers Zoas to take off, same with the red planet... But I'm afraid it wine survive. Hopefully the AAHC by zeo will save it. Won't arrive till Tuesday though.

Man that's some good soup in that skimmer. Where do you normally keep the bubble level at? Bottom of the collection cup? Hallway up?

Archived