Innovative Marine Aquariums

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BeardedReeferLLC

So your getting the new Cad Light skimmer.. Nice!

Thanks Dave, ever thought of doing a t5 retro for radions?

I would also purchase this..

jedimasterben

ill be switching from chemipure elite and phosban to the KZ carbon and phosban

Uh, why? I can understand not using CPE, but GFO is pretty much GFO. In addition, ROX 0.8 carbon is more efficient than any other hobbyist-level activated carbon, and is less expensive than the KZ.

SouthFlorida_Tron

So your getting the new Cad Light skimmer.. Nice!

I would also purchase this..

The insides of my 9002 are broke and I'm giving this a shot in the dark.

Uh, why? I can understand not using CPE, but GFO is pretty much GFO. In addition, ROX 0.8 carbon is more efficient than any other hobbyist-level activated carbon, and is less expensive than the KZ.

Always used phosban. No complaints there. And as far as the carbon it is recommended by Christine (nanotopia) ark likes it as well....

BeardedReeferLLC

The insides of my 9002 are broke and I'm giving this a shot in the dark.

Always used phosban. No complaints there. And as far as the carbon it is recommended by Christine (nanotopia) ark likes it as well....

Ahh understood, you will be happy for what you spent. Nothing but positive feedback so far from people on my club forum. Good Luck bud.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Ahh understood, you will be happy for what you spent. Nothing but positive feedback so far from people on my club forum. Good Luck bud.

Sounds and looks good. Needle wheel vs venturi. Can't wait to see the foam!

Ya Ben, it is much more efficient but that also makes it more aggressive. That is not always a good thing.

jedimasterben

Ya Ben, it is much more efficient but that also makes it more aggressive. That is not always a good thing.

If you dump a gallon of it into the system - no, it is not. However, when you use a product that is supposed to remove xx amount of organics from the water column, you want it to do that, not less, especially for the higher cost involved.

If you dump a gallon of it into the system - no, it is not. However, when you use a product that is supposed to remove xx amount of organics from the water column, you want it to do that, not less, especially for the higher cost involved.

The nature of KZ carbon is to remove toxins/etc at a slower rate, no matter the amount. Other carbon can strip water very quickly. I cannot confirm it, but many say that some aggressive carbons can remove some trace elements very quickly also.

I am not saying it is the best carbon, but it is gentle and works.

jedimasterben

The nature of KZ carbon is to remove toxins/etc at a slower rate, no matter the amount. Other carbon can strip water very quickly. I cannot confirm it, but many say that some aggressive carbons can remove some trace elements very quickly also.

I am not saying it is the best carbon, but it is gentle and works.

I wouldn't call any carbon 'gentle'. All carbon has a capacity, and it pretty much fills that as aggressively as possible, otherwise it is not fulfilling its primary duty (to be as aggressive as possible). Remember that activated carbon is not made for this hobby, but used for water treatment in facilities and home use (such as for a well), where water passes through it very quickly, so it is required to be aggressive.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Sweet I hope the skimmer works awesome! Finally got me some kick ass new clowns!

thanks dude, and ya, saw... they look amazing

I wouldn't call any carbon 'gentle'. All carbon has a capacity, and it pretty much fills that as aggressively as possible, otherwise it is not fulfilling its primary duty (to be as aggressive as possible). Remember that activated carbon is not made for this hobby, but used for water treatment in facilities and home use (such as for a well), where water passes through it very quickly, so it is required to be aggressive.

Well, there are different grades aren't there? Some or more porous than others if i'm not mistaken.

jedimasterben

Well, there are different grades aren't there? Some or more porous than others if i'm not mistaken.

That pretty much determines how quickly it will get clogged with debris (and its useful life). The larger the pores, the worse it performs since the outer pores will get clogged and not let the inner bits react.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Getting ready for tomorrow's stuffs arrival... cleaned up some stuff and did my usual water change, some shots from pumps off!

radioactive dragoneyes finally back open, wammin watermelons, and fire and ice showing their stuff...

9540360983_b60931d2cc_c.jpg
Top Down by J.L Photography, on Flickr
loving the s4 camera!

9540366149_36dfdc8979_c.jpg
Untitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr
went to my new LFS to pick up the chiller theyre letting me borrow for the power outage tuesday (extension cord galore)
one of their main show tanks...

9543152568_da37f0b4a1_c.jpg
Elite Marine Life Aquariums by J.L Photography, on Flickr
love these guys!

Elite Marine in pompano? Lance and his wife are awesome people! Their quality and livestock are top notch! Lance spoke recently for our aquarium club meeting and his input and knowledge were priceless, his presentation was awesome.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Elite Marine in pompano?

My new favorites... awesome clean storefront, super convenient location, literally seconds from me... Lance and Mickey are so nice and theyre letting me borrow the chiller, always helping me out.

Archived