SaltCritters.com

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron

first impression: very well built, amazing bubbles. so much better bubbling and foaming than the 9002. however, initial setup is tricky. im still trying to understand how it works...

so far, im at full drain, and its foaming over into the cup lol. i expected to atleast be able to increase it over time, maybe this is a good thing, not sure yet... will see if its just water or actual skimmate...

SouthFlorida_Tron

Also, does anyone remember that power outtage ive been preparing for? well, the 48-72 hour outtage starts tomorrow morning... so ive been prepping, ill have power from an outside plug, and Elite Marine Life LFS allowed me use of a chiller, free! lol, love those guys...

SouthFlorida_Tron

I would absolutely dread a power outtage for that long. Good thing you actually have time to prepare.

Best of luck, Tron.

thanks! ill have all the essentials, well, sort of....

return pump, skimmer, doser, topoff.... and chiller thx to the LFS... will go without lighting and mp10...

Looking good man! I was thinking of getting one of those there cadlight Skimmers for my new build am working on.also is that ducktape on over the power cord? Hopefully it dnt leave adhesive behind when u lift it up

SouthFlorida_Tron

looks awesome man. cant wait to get mine.

im having the problem of too much amazing foamhead! lmao

no seriously, this thing is way better than the 9002, just as tricky to dial in, but for better reasons... works more like a true protein skimmer...

Looking good man! I was thinking of getting one of those there cadlight Skimmers for my new build am working on.also is that ducktape on over the power cord? Hopefully it dnt leave adhesive behind when u lift it up

nothing some goo gone cant fix! im sure we'll figure it out...

Crap man I'd be shitting bricks without power for that long. I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully all will be well!

ive set myself up for success, so we shall see! barring some asshole from the building being a smartass and unplugging it to be a jackass... and their are a few...

Good Luck Tron. May the force be with you.

thanks man, here goes nothing... im actually setting up the new line as we speak to avoid loss of power in the morning if i sleep in...

Best wishes! i just replaced the pump on my tunze 9002. i noticed the pump was getting stuck when i would shut it off and its old... new one from inTank (stevie-t) and its skimming like a champ again.

SouthFlorida_Tron

furthermore.... what a day, i made the switch from my ole friend chemipure elite, to the korallen-zucht activated carbon... and refreshed the phosban.... so far throughout the day, every one seems peachy and vibrant as usual!

SouthFlorida_Tron

So that skimmer seems to be the real deal. I've never seen such bubbling or foam from my 9002. It's still breaking in and there's micro bubbles but they don't get past chamber two so no biggie. If you have room get the 100 but the 50 will fit in any all in one

Archived