Top Shelf Aquatics

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron

Some my building is doing a power equipment swap and I'll lose it for three days starting today lol

Jr, I guess, it could've fit in my rear chamber but is a bit overpowered for my volume

SouthFlorida_Tron

What I enjoy about it over the 9002 is it is more or a true protein skimmer design that just works. The bubbling I get is just crazy . Foams like I've never seen....

I'm hoping its consistent for you, what tubing did you use for the doser? I need to get some more so I can run the lines for the alk

SouthFlorida_Tron

So I found some gunky poo building up already on the top of the cup neck. About a 1/4" of brown tea. Nice.

It's still breaking in but happy so far.

uhhhh, regular airline size, forgot the measurement sorry

That's all good, wasn't sure if I had to use I different type

Of tubing or if just regular airline tubing was fine.

Is that on the neck or in the cup? I keep trying to get my skimmer to build up the crap inside the cup but it always just sticks to the wall of the neck if that makes sense.

It sucks because sometimes it falls back into the tank and causes issues.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Is that on the neck or in the cup? I keep trying to get my skimmer to build up the crap inside the cup but it always just sticks to the wall of the neck if that makes sense.

It sucks because sometimes it falls back into the tank and causes issues.

uhhh, lol, i dont know, its probably gunk stuck to the inside just at the top of the neck, where it foams over into the cup...

SouthFlorida_Tron

So...... left for work at 3, had just fired the skimmer back up after the 3 hour rest post zeo drops.... came back home 9 hours later to.... the 9002 would have taken 6 days to do what this thing took 6 hours to do!

9565824271_ea8ff961b3_c.jpg
Untitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr
the foamhead it had built up was beautiful. after a while more i will try to dial in more of a dry gunky tea but for now, ill take it.... have i mentioned how quiet it is? night and day to the tunze....
one thing to note, once shut down and start back up, it will bubble in the middle chamber for several minutes before building foam, kind of weird.....

Wow, awesome write up guys. I've been reading up on this and was deciding between the Tunze 9002 vs. CAD Lights PLS 50. The price for the PLS 50 is great considering it outperforms the 9002. And it's a nifty looking little unit too.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Hmmm to order the cad light skimmer from marine depot with a 10% cpn or not... Decisions decisions

Of course I spent over $150 then this comes out. I was so pissed when I got the email. What's the volume of the tank. Maybe the 100 could be more efficient! I was tempted as it would fit but in a 20g if would be slight overkill lol

yep time to buy one

Do it, do it.

Running mine right now to break it in, foam is crazy!

I had to raise mine all the way to Mac height setting. I may need to raise it more. I'm getting great foam but on near full drain. Measure from pump bottom to waterline. Cad aqua suggests sweet spot at 5.5" and dial in from there

Wow, awesome write up guys. I've been reading up on this and was deciding between the Tunze 9002 vs. CAD Lights PLS 50. The price for the PLS 50 is great considering it outperforms the 9002. And it's a nifty looking little unit too.

For the price, can't go wrong...

Archived