Coral Vue Hydros

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron

Man that's some good soup in that skimmer. Where do you normally keep the bubble level at? Bottom of the collection cup? Hallway up?

Well, its hard to explain, but let me gif it for you!

Now that its broken in, I set the main bubbling to be around the top of the skimmer body, so the larger bubbles push foam from the bottom of the cup neck... you'll have to see it to understand. but this will give you an idea. This method gives me a nice sludgy skim.

9631941149_e6cb5c4291_o.gif

Now that is some cowboy coffee. That will put some hair on your chest!

I couldnt get that from my Tunze in 8 months! LMAO

Gotcha, I had the bubble level to high I think, cup was filling with a lite green tea, too wet... Lowered it down to about your level. Now hopefully it shall break in soon! Man your gif vids slow the iPad down lol

jedimasterben

So I think it is safe to say this new PLS-50 is broken in, still going a bit wet, but i think it will always be that way for skimmers this size, none the less, look at this gunk!

9631238722_f41ec5ae1a_c.jpg
Almost coffee... maybe a bit wet

9628008625_3e3fdbc299_c.jpg
this is from a spatula inside the cup neck...

Nice! When I clean out the neck of my skimmer, I used a dish cleaning brush (what some people use to wash inside cups), I think is what it is, and it lets me scrub the entire inside of the skimmer. Then I just hurriedly put the cup back on and let it push all the gunk I cleaned off right into the cup.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Gotcha, I had the bubble level to high I think, cup was filling with a lite green tea, too wet... Lowered it down to about your level. Now hopefully it shall break in soon! Man your gif vids slow the iPad down lol

Lol, I'll work on resizing them. Flickr only lets me do full size or else it's a still.

Nice! When I clean out the neck of my skimmer, I used a dish cleaning brush (what some people use to wash inside cups), I think is what it is, and it lets me scrub the entire inside of the skimmer. Then I just hurriedly put the cup back on and let it push all the gunk I cleaned off right into the cup.

I may have to try this method. It's just a tight squeeze. It won't affect the foamhead?

Oh man o man. Tank looks great Tron!!!

Thanks dude! Getting better every day. Need my new colorful additions to blow up and give some pop. You're looking good as well... By the way, who is Morgan?

Big time!

Flickr... I'll work on resizing for next ones.

jedimasterben

I may have to try this method. It's just a tight squeeze. It won't affect the foamhead?

It causes it to foam up like mad and push everything you stirred up into the cup - calms down after 5 minutes or so.

Morgan is the Reef Godess, aka, The Reef Gardener. She lives somewhere in your neighborhood. 90% of the corals in my tank are from her. She's great!

SouthFlorida_Tron

It causes it to foam up like mad and push everything you stirred up into the cup - calms down after 5 minutes or so.

Word, I'll try it out.

Morgan is the Reef Godess, aka, The Reef Gardener. She lives somewhere in your neighborhood. 90% of the corals in my tank are from her. She's great!

Including these big pink milli looking acro with white-blue tips?

Word, I'll try it out.

Including these big pink milli looking acro with white-blue tips?

Yeppers! In person it is very dark pink with blue tips. One of my favorites!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Yeppers! In person it is very dark pink with blue tips. One of my favorites!

If they are selling coral at MACNA, i will has new stuffs!!! I must has it!!!!! omgomgomg

LOL, getting up early to drive down there.

If they are selling coral at MACNA, i will has new stuffs!!! I must has it!!!!! omgomgomg

I'm sure there will be tons of coral vendors there. I think that Morgan will a guest speaker there as well.

We all want a full report and pictures when you get back!!!!!!!

yes they have tons of corals for sale. check out my pics thread lol. Sunday is the best day for deals on left overs! good luck and i hope you get better deals than i got. i got some amazing deals i could not pass lol

I'll try and post on the fly

Head over to Coralgasm, i saw they posted they are blowing out thier corals lol. take adavantage of the sunday clearance sale. check out jason fox as well, hes got some nice pieces for great prices

Well looks like I found my skimmer upgrade. I have been over my innovative marine skimmer for months but wasn't sure what to upgrade to. That is some nasty stuff you got cookin in that skimmer cup. Tank looks awesome btw. Did you get anything at macna? Macna is in the mile high city next year, can't wait!

So Tron walks into my booth with a small child he purchased fresh off a boat from Cuba. Tells me the story and wants to sell the child for labor in the inTank sweat shop and quotes me a price. These guys down in South Flo-rid-a I tell ya. Ompa loompas are cheaper my friend!

But serious, glad you stopped by for a healthy GFY.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Ok, Ok... Been non stop since leaving the show. Went right home, found new homes for amazing 'stuffs' and even brought back the oompa loompa I couldn't sell... Pleasure finally meeting in person the one and only Mr. Media Baskets

9650918138_a759e72aab_c.jpg

Untitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

So that's what I look like

Hope you found a few good pieces. Don't blame me if your daughter is up all night bouncing off the walls from Swedish fish.

Archived