Top Shelf Aquatics

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

It's super clean he has an awesome little tank and the lights look like their hovering above the tank in front of the picture.

Hey dude how goes it in South FL?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Thanks :) I'm still trying to figure out how I want to mount my vega over the 6 gallon. That looks clean :)

Hit up Chris from Pico Aquariums. Talk with him about it.

^

It's super clean he has an awesome little tank and the lights look like their hovering above the tank in front of the picture.

You missed an amazing time at macna... See my pics with Stevie T? Lol

Everything is great. New skimmer, new Zeo routine... New corals!

SouthFlorida_Tron

^

You see my pics from MACNA? What an experience... see the new Zoas from my wheelin and dealing? LOL... Those Utter Chaos WERE $40 a polyp... not when I got done with them.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Tron - what lighting schedule / graph are you running ? I just picked up a Radion G2 and my tank is 28x18wx12h with all SPS and 1 LPS. I have a Tek light 4 bulb over the tank right now but just wondering what you would recommend to start with? BTW - your tank looks awesome and that CAD Skimmer is kicking butt!!!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Tron - what lighting schedule / graph are you running ? I just picked up a Radion G2 and my tank is 28x18wx12h with all SPS and 1 LPS. I have a Tek light 4 bulb over the tank right now but just wondering what you would recommend to start with? BTW - your tank looks awesome and that CAD Skimmer is kicking butt!!!

Hey evo,

the transition from T5 to LED could be tricky... the LEDs will penetrate much easier than T5, especially with that shallow-ish depth. I would recommend you try the acclimation mode or just set peak intensity, for example, mine ramps up and down but the peak point is like 55 or 60%.

Ive had LEDs for 2 years now, I would start at a regular ramp up and down custom timers and set the max power on the right at say 40% on the mid point... observe for several weeks. Hope this is helpful.

Thanks Tron !!! I'll play around with the fixture and was planning on starting with a max intensity of 30% and probably adjust 5% every week .

SouthFlorida_Tron

Good start. Coral placement will be more vital now as the T5s spread the PAR throughout the tank, the radion will have nice spread, yet it penetrates a bit more... LEDs.....

Definitely gone through some amazing changes, following the growth of that frogspawn has been a blast, soon you might need to get it a new tank.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Definitely gone through some amazing changes, following the growth of that frogspawn has been a blast, soon you might need to get it a new tank.

I hope so as well... When the wife allows me!

Looking awesome!

To me, your tank seemed so simple, clean, and open. I really, really like it!

Thanks Marvin. Its still very simple, just grown in, and covered in coraline... and coral colonies! LOL Think about whats in the tank, a frogspawn, 2 acro (now +2 frags) and some zoas!

I think your coralline in this tank impresses me the most.

Sig as well.

I don't know about SPS Gawd but I certainly respect growth.

supermarvin76

Think about whats in the tank, a frogspawn, 2 acro (now +2 frags) and some zoas!

And despite that, this tank is sweet. That's what I think is so cool!

Archived