Pod Your Reef

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

I think your coralline in this tank impresses me the most.

Sig as well.

I don't know about SPS Gawd but I certainly respect growth.

Thank you Spencer as you have brought something to my attention that I didn't even remember about until you mentioned it, time to change it to something more serious.

The coraline is OK, personally, my next tank will be glass all around, it is just a much cleaner look... Hopefully it will happen in the near future.

And despite that, this tank is sweet. That's what I think is so cool!

Thanks Marvin, I'll keep it comin' then!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

The coraline is OK, personally, my next tank will be glass all around, it is just a much cleaner look... Hopefully it will happen in the near future.

This you say??? :)

Deleted User 4

Yea he's gonna rd trip it to my place and buy my reef savvy I'm selling

Ohhh crappp :)

Wait....why would you sell your reef savvy and in place of that coralined tank?

Lol jk, but I am selling my reef savvy, don't have time to set it up right now, have to much going on, have a Costco to set up and help open by thanksgiving, Vegas in dec, a wedding out of state then St. Maarten next march

Lol jk, but I am selling my reef savvy, don't have time to set it up right now, have to much going on, have a Costco to set up and help open by thanksgiving, Vegas in dec, a wedding out of state then St. Maarten next march

St Maarten is awesome (in case you didn't know)

Dam that was a throwback pic!

Your valida ever look a little pale at the tips? I think I turned up the light too much at one point and some of the tips are pale. I have a frag of another at the bottom of the tank and it came back. Hopefully the other will too....

SouthFlorida_Tron

Dam that was a throwback pic!

Your valida ever look a little pale at the tips? I think I turned up the light too much at one point and some of the tips are pale. I have a frag of another at the bottom of the tank and it came back. Hopefully the other will too....

No, the tips are ALWAYS blue, the rest of the body used to be a brown, of dark or pale, and since using the Radion, and using ZEOvit products, it has shown a green hue on the tissue, and more blue throughout the branches, so dark blue on the tips, then blue and green on the body... It's hard to explain... the camera doesnt catch these colors...

Maybe you can see it a bit?

Pic of the Week:

9705328978_52c42b4ff0_c.jpg
SouthFlorida_Tron

In sadness today, I am posting for the loss of my cleaner shrimp. He was one of the oldest animals in my reef. Him and the 2 clowns were the original additions back to the BioCube days. He will be missed but only a little, as he is a food thief! So strange.... I guess these things just happen...

SouthFlorida_Tron

So sorry to hear mate :(, it sucks when you lose one of your little critters.

It was a love/hate relationship lol.

Thanks Rolla

It was a love/hate relationship lol.

Thanks Rolla

Sorry for your loss.

I know your feeling about a love hate relationship with the shrimp though. My cleaner shrimp has about doubled in size, because he steals food from anything I try to feed in the tank, especially my duncans.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Sorry for your loss.

I know your feeling about a love hate relationship with the shrimp though. My cleaner shrimp has about doubled in size, because he steals food from anything I try to feed in the tank, especially my duncans.

Exactly lol... He will go nuts every time, climb on the frogspawn, nuclears, even go near the Yasha hole and search for food.... freakin fiend...

SouthFlorida_Tron

Just received some trusty Salifert N03 and P04 test kits... Ahhh the peace of mind of knowing the well being of my reef... Thank you Salifert N03 for reading under 0.2 Nitrates, its been a pleasure!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Sheet!!! Looks stellar. I've been testing every night at 930. I've got a brs order coming with a gal of cal and alk and some mg. 25 % water change tomorrow to get all elements up and in check before the Subaru shootout and I'm gonna test the cal and alk and mg of reef crystals.

Last nights test was 8.4 alk 350 cal and 1100 mg. Gotta boost up mg next week and I have a plan that Christine recommended.

Looks awesome man. Sorry for your loss but I do agree that it was kind of a sad relief as he used to pull food out of the LPS as they were done and just a brat.

Got a FTS?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Looks awesome man. Sorry for your loss but I do agree that it was kind of a sand relief as he used to pull food out of the LPS as they were done and just a brat.

Got a FTS?

Hey hey! What's up! No not until October 1st!

How's the new gigantic reef?

Hey hey! What's up! No not until October 1st!

How's the new gigantic reef?

Bah you suck good I just dumped on my thread the pics are awesome now! Tank is growing like a weed, I have never seen SPS grow so fast, also have not had to do a WC in over 1.5 months so I am pleased.

Now what to do with the 70+ gallons of SW I have in the Brutes. :lol:

SouthFlorida_Tron

Bah you suck good I just dumped on my thread the pics are awesome now! Tank is growing like a weed, I have never seen SPS grow so fast, also have not had to do a WC in over 1.5 months so I am pleased.

Now what to do with the 70+ gallons of SW I have in the Brutes. :lol:

I mean, I would think its still beneficial to change out some water no??!!

And I swear, its as if they grow more easily if they have a certain volume in the water to grow into....

Whew had a few pages to catch up on.

Looks like i missed a crazy good Macna! O well next year maybe. Thanks for sharing the awesome pics!

Love your new z/p pick ups. Great placement of those also, gonna look bad azz all grown in.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Whew had a few pages to catch up on.

Looks like i missed a crazy good Macna! O well next year maybe. Thanks for sharing the awesome pics!

Love your new z/p pick ups. Great placement of those also, gonna look bad azz all grown in.

Hello! Yes, it was a great time. Even got to meet Stevie T. I picked up some amazing corals. Wish I would have gotten some more!

I've been bitten by the Zoa bug!

Archived