Coral Vue Hydros

bluebastion's 20g SPS M-Tank (glass)

bluebastion

Ray - That's cool man... Mine pretty much looks like that.... so weird... I'd rather have actual anchor/hammer type heads but the color on this specimen is beautiful. Thanks for the heads up, I was so frustrated because I couldn't ID the thing. :)

PICTURE UPDATE

In my last post I had mentioned using a somewhat new product (at least that I've seen) called Reef Bugs. It's made by Marc Weiss Aquarium Products: http://www.marcweisaquariumproducts.com

Here are some pics:

ReefBugs.jpg

After stirring a little in a cup of tank water.... waiting for the hatchlings to come out:

ReefBugs2.jpg

Oh, did I forget to tell you that I recieved a BSJ this week from Blue Zoo Aquatics? I changed my mind mid this week on getting another BSJ, and didn't want to bother Jim in changing up my order... so here's the BSJ from Blue Zoo:

Blue3.jpg

Lastly, future plans... PhosBan Reactor:

PhosBan.jpg

To Be Continued......

BTW, invited Mr. Fosi over to check out my tank and gave him some LR/Coral from my 2.5... he got a few extras too. ;)

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey blue! :D Found your thread (finally).

The 2.5g made it home safe, but some of the rock cement from the left side of the LR arch came loose, but you can barely tell.

I cleaned up most of the equipment and such and everything looks happy in there. :happy: I am going to post some pics before long, but I am really busy staring at all the stuff in the tank. *drool*

I talked to the wife about the other tank (you know what I mean ;) ) and she didn't kill me, so we may have clearance to launch. I just have to figure out what I am going to use for a stand... I am trying to put your very awsome M-tank out of my mind, lest I catch the SPS bug. :scarry:

BTW, I didn't ask you what wattage you had over the 2.5g: So how much power did those PCs put out?

Awesome... glad to hear that everyone is happy now... Wattage wise, I believe it was around 72 stock lighting... the bulbs were older than a year... so whatever you put them under, they will definitely be happy.

Oh yeah, and that's good to hear about you being able to use my spare tank. Make a new thread when you decide to start it. I'll follow up on it.

blue, can you give me measurements of the entire back compartment? i understand the tank is 18L x 18W x 17H ... i just want to see how much "sump space" there is.

display = 18L x ??W x 17H

sump = 18L x ??W x 17H

henry22 - Blue 3 is in great health... and is doing well! Thank you for asking... I know this sounds mean, but I'm just forgetting that I had Blue 1 & 2 and just calling Blue 3, Blue. I will definitely tell you if the reef bugs are helping the tank or not... however, I may not be the best source for that information... The instructions state to use it daily (dosage based on bioload though) and I plan to just use it once a week instead.

uchiha - The depth of the display is 13"+ to the false wall...... while the depth of the rear compartments are 4"+.

HTH

My PhosBan Reactor came in... I'll probably wait until the weekend after next to set it up (I have drill this weekend... pffft).

Coming soon.... M-Tank Video. I'm so stoked.

Here is the video:

Warning! PhotoBucket limits resolution size... so the resolution sucks... and doesn't do my original copy justice. If someone is willing to host the original and not limit resolution, please let me know... and I will let you host it. Here's the crappy photobucket "version":

EDIT: Deleted the link to my photobucket account because of their resolution limitations.... here is my NEW putfile link:

http://media.putfile.com/bluebastion-SPS-Reef

bluebastion,

No prob. Just as a note, all livestock on the site is at 20% off this month, thru next. Drygoods are on sale too, with lighting at 10% off and regular drygoods at 15% off. Anyone looking for a small Black Long Nose tang, we have 1 available now. We had two, but the other one sold fast.

go to the site and look at the Davy Jone's Locker page for specialty stuff.

www.mknwaves.com

Tank looks really good, SPS is really nice and growing too. Looks like you also got a clown. Tank looks good. Hows blue's excavating going. When I got my pistol and watchmen, I didn't think the pistol would dig everyday, but I come home everyday and their is a new entrance to the burrow.

I can swing that, you just have to get it to me or make it availible somewhere.

You could email it to me, but mail servers usually hate large attachments.

With the stock pump in that comes from the trickle filter does it move your sand around aton, or do you have a mod on there. On my 22 gallon i have the nozzle pointed at angle so that its just in the water but all the sand is now gone.

With the stock pump in that comes from the trickle filter does it move your sand around aton, or do you have a mod on there. On my 22 gallon i have the nozzle pointed at angle so that its just in the water but all the sand is now gone.

I have had no problems with my pump (it's the stock one)... and actually I have modded my M-tank to have TWO pumps... I have absolutely no problem with sand moving around, at all.

I'll be receiving a package tomorrow with my new digital finnex heater and a pH probe to hook up to my RK2. I'll also be getting a bottle of copepods to add to the tank... we'll see how they arrive... (dead or alive). Oh yeah, forgot to update that I did get my Two Little Fishes PhosBan reactor but will not set it up until this weekend.... that means another pump added to the tank (this time a MJ400). Woot!

Blue...lets see some pics of the phosban reactor...Im thinking of adding one but with the size of that thing I will probably have to locate it on back of stand or floor...so Ill need a pump large enuff to make the return back up the hill. Curious to how your gonna mont yours and what size pump. I have no room left in my sump... its actually not large enough anyways so Ill have to do some kind of external hookup.

Izzue

I already have it installed. :) Just been lazy at updating my page as of late... plus I've got some car stuff I have to deal with.... bleh. :) I'll update later today with pics.

Here's a new...

PHOTO UPDATE

Last Wednesday was my "birfday" so that means presents galore....

BirfdayStuff.jpg

Finnex Digital 100W heater, Reef Fanatic pH probe for my RK2, PhosBan 150 Reactor, MaxiJet 400, PhosBan Media, Chemi Pure Media, Ocean Pods Copepods

Finnex Digital Heater Closeup

BirfdayHeater.jpg

PhosBan 150 Reactor Installed

Birfday150-A.jpg

PhosBan 150 Reactor Plumbing (flow valve connected to MJ400)

Birfday150-B.jpg

Birfday-C.jpg

PhosBan 150 Reactor Closeup

Birfday-D.jpg

Bottom to Top: Floss Disc, PhosBan in media bag, Floss Disc, Chemi Pure in media bag.

Cool...and Happy late birthday.

Just a Question after my visit to LFS...what made you want to go with Phosphan reactor instead of a denitrate reactor???

I conversed the use of a Phos reactor with 2 experienced Reefers at LFS...and general consiscenus was Denitrate over Phosban??

Izzue

Just a Question after my visit to LFS...what made you want to go with Phosphan reactor instead of a denitrate reactor???

Hmmm... the biggest reason I went with the PhosBan Reactor was because the only "problem" I am having in the tank is a very minor phosphate issue.... I can visually tell this by the nuissance algae growing in the tank. Nitrites/ates and Amonia levels are minimal if not existant.... it's the food I feed that is introducing the phosphates (I believe)... and I just wanted something that would help with minimizing those levels. Plus, those denitrate reactors seem to cost an arm and a leg. With my nano, all I need is a bag of phosBan and Chemi Pure, and of course my consistent water changes... problem solved.

Ditto the late HBD. :)

I am interested to see how well that reactor works for your algae problem.

I have started to really tackle the hair algae problem in the 2.5g, but I haven't seen any real prog\ress yet. If I am persistent, it will be only a matter of time.

Also, the other tank seems to be holding it's water just fine, so as soon as I can find a suitable stand, it will come together.

Oh yeah, thanks for the belated birfdays... (sorry about the ghetto vocab... we killed that word at work last week)....

I'll try and post a new pic today.... thing is... after my last post, I took a flashlight to my tank to find blue... (a common occurence in the morning.. just for peace of mind... my tank starts its photo period at 5:30pm)... anyways... searched the tank in all three of his burrows, to no avail. Finally, I found him by our Roomba, covered in pet hair.... he must of jumped ship last night... Odd thing is.. there's only a about a handful of holes he could have jumped through since the cover has 4 layers of 1 inch bird netting... each layer zigzagged. That last attempt was very (un)lucky.

Archived