SaltCritters.com

bluebastion's 20g SPS M-Tank (glass)

bluebastion

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bonsai reefer

Up date on the crack /Hope all is well I guess in a pinch you could transfer your frags to the seahorse tank .Let me know if you nee any help have a 12 gall with hardley nothing in as far a coral and 7.2 watts per gallon :D of mh lighting :P

hi bluebastion,

your tank is very nice, i try to read through couple pages but can't go through them all. so what ever happened to the flame angel? did it nip your coral or something?

thanks.

hi bluebastion,

your tank is very nice, i try to read through couple pages but can't go through them all. so what ever happened to the flame angel? did it nip your coral or something?

thanks.

I think he went to reef heaven...

bluebastion
I think he went to reef heaven...

He did go to reef heaven... :/ It was one of those things where he just stopped eating and passed away. His tank mates are still alive though. Go figure...

I'll have to update on my tank... the "crack", after more consistent monitoring and Ken @ finnex looking at pics... I've come to a cautious conclusion that it's just a scratch on the surface. I've marked in permanent marker and will continue to monitor the ~crack often.... if it gets longer, then I'll worry.

I'll post an updated pic before the end of the week. BTW, the brain has been recently transferred to my wife's sea horse tank. This weekend is a great time for me to try out the new version of Reef Tool. Reef Tool is a third party software developer for the data logging function on the Reef Keeper 2. The new version of Reef Tool includes a web server so that I can now monitor my nano when away... that is if I can get it up and running before I leave for Jacksonville, FL. (hometown) :)

Until then...

bluebastion

Here's some updated pictures:

Current FTS:

FTS4.jpg

Euphyllia top shot:

Frogspawn4.jpg

ORA Blue Tort top shot:

Tort4.jpg

Tank top shot:

TopShot4.jpg

Side shots:

SideShot4.jpg

SideShot24.jpg

Hope you guys like!

bluebastion

Nope :) We'll be in J-ville this weekend visiting my family. Finally get to see the future again. (if you know what I mean).

bluebastion

Paid for some nice corals in Jax today... however since we're leaving on Monday, the LFS said we can get it bagged to go then.... I bought a frag of Scripps Acro, nice show piece of Scroll SPS, a small frag of Red Monti Cap, and some zoo frags for my wife's seahorse tank. Max @ Ocean Reef Pets even threw in a bag of Prolifera for the tank for free on top of a 10% discount on everything we bought. Hardly a benjamin for everything. :) I'll take some pics when I get back....

• 4 months later...
UPDATE!!!!! i know i am bringing it back from the dead but looks like such a nice tank i just cant help but ask for an update ;)

LOL... it's coming. I just ordered a new Fuji S6000fd camera.. so lots of Photo updates are coming. + I'm working on a new website that will be all about my aquarium... including a webcam. :)

I miss you guys too, as I took a long sabbatical.

Here's a little sneak peek... the new camera came in a day early :)

Firsttimewithcamera005.jpg

And also got a shot of Hercules in my wife's Seahorse Tank:

Seconds006.jpg

sweet bro!! hercules looking good!! what do you use for filtration in your tank just all stock? bc i keep worrying that my corals will go to crap if i dont make my filtration bigger... but your tank is looking mad nice good job man.

The main filtration I have running is my Aqua C Remora PS... other than that water changes. Which I admittedly don't do enough.... I also have a bag of chemi pure and phosban in the second chamber which hasn't been changed for months... so I don't think they're doing much anymore. Live rock of course is the main biological filtration, and then I also have my HOB (or in this case, hang on the side) CPR Refugium.

wow that is pretty amazing bro, i am ######## bricks that i don't have enough filtration for the SPS!! haha def a moral booster for me ;) i have a tunze that i cant seem to get to work right, but hopefully that will change soon, if anything i am just going to upgrade to a deltec MCE300 but thanks for sharing your experiences bro...

Well here is my unimpressive update, as I am not adding any pics for now. Even though my new camera is awesome. I've been working on my website exclusively on my aquarium. If any of you are interested in checking it out... it also has a live webcam. To access my website just go to:

http://www.bluebastion.endoftheinternet.org

Still deep in the works... so there isn't much on the actual pages, but please feel free to click on myReef, and check out my webcam. Most of the time it will be running. I have tested the webcam page on some other computers... some will show it, some won't. I think the ones that didn't show the webcam page had browser setting issues. Not sure though... but please give it a try.

**PLEASE** leave feedback in this thread on how you like/dislike my web site setup and if the web cam page worked for you. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

EDIT: If for some reason you're NOT able to see the webcam, but instead a white screen, I believe that it's because there is a bandwidth issue with the web server built into the myReef software. Just check back again, and eventually you should be able to view it. So once you are done with looking at the webcam page, please exit out of the cam so others can view it. Thanks again!

Lookin pretty sweet. I'll have to check back when there is actually something on your webcam to see, can't see anything when your lights are off. Having that would be really nice to be able to keep track of your tank parameters and keep an eye on your tank. That way you could even check up on it while you are on vacation. Did you say that is the reef keeper? Do you have to leave it hooked up to a computer at all times in order to see the web cam?

Lookin pretty sweet. I'll have to check back when there is actually something on your webcam to see, can't see anything when your lights are off. Having that would be really nice to be able to keep track of your tank parameters and keep an eye on your tank. That way you could even check up on it while you are on vacation. Did you say that is the reef keeper? Do you have to leave it hooked up to a computer at all times in order to see the web cam?

Thanks man. My photo cycle is 5:30pm-12:30pm Eastern time. FYI. As for the stats... yes, it is from the Reef Keeper. However the actual website as a whole is not. The webcam does need to be connected at all times to be seen, as does the Reef Keeper 2 to keep the stats updated.

Please more feedback... I'm trying to make my site better :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's official! :) I'm a finalist for September Tank of the Month on Reef Central. If anyone wants to show their support for a fellow "Nano-reef.com" Nano reefer.. please vote for me :) I am way behind in the poll, but at least I tried. :)

Archived