inTank Media Baskets

bluebastion's 20g SPS M-Tank (glass)

bluebastion

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if this post showed up or not but i was wondering what you had in your fuge. Also what kind of powerhead/pumps you have? Thanks

I have mangroves and chaetomorpha growing in my fuge... other than that some Premium Aquatics "live mud" and some live rock rubble. I also have an out of control mini feather duster colony that seems to be thriving in there... almost blocking out the chaeto.

I have two stock return pumps (343[?] gph per pump), 2 maxi-jet 900's (in display), 1 Tunze Mini-Pump ~70-80 GPH (in display flowing behind rock work), and another Tunze Mini feeding the HOB fuge. If you want to count the maxi-jet 1200 powering the Aqua C Remora, you can add that in as well.

• 2 weeks later...

hey blue i have the 20g finnex with built in fuge. i see you put an extra pump in and cut a hole through the acrylic. Where did you get the plumbing parts for that casue i can't find any. Just for clarification i mean the one that is conected to that clear hose. thanks

Showcase your aquarium atop this durable stand. State-of-the-art :huh: aquarium stand features a powder finish for extra moisture resistance. Shelf adds the most affordable way to keep all of your aquarium essentials at an arms reach.

Showcase your aquarium atop this durable stand. State-of-the-art :huh: aquarium stand features a powder finish for extra moisture resistance. Shelf adds the most affordable way to keep all of your aquarium essentials at an arms reach.
lol... I should explain..... I am going to set up another tank with the funds I have made by selling frags from my tank. So far I have a 15 gallon drilled with an overflow that I will start a thread soon on... The stand was ordered for that.. but since then I think I may cancel that order as I feel that a DIY stand would be best.
hey blue i have the 20g finnex with built in fuge. i see you put an extra pump in and cut a hole through the acrylic. Where did you get the plumbing parts for that casue i can't find any. Just for clarification i mean the one that is conected to that clear hose. thanks
If you mean the black plumbing, I bought it from Ken at Finnex. I wanted some extra plumbing pieces to match what came with the tank. Shoot him an email and inquire if he will sell you some.

They were pretty cheap.. so I was like, what the hey!... yeah I found a bunch of videos on youtube with people getting them from the beach screaming all over the place once they got a good look. Hilarious. You should search "sand crabs" on youtube. Well worth the time.

BTW, I was mainly ordering for snails and porcelain crabs.... the crabs were an after thought.

I'll be adding the Koralia Nano to my display tonight. While I was poking around in the stand, I noticed a pool of water on the bottom shelf... Of course I was like, WHAT? After doing some searching for cracks... with no luck (or a lot of it)... I looked for anything that looked or reflected like it was wet. I found the culprit... apparently the heater cord, which was tucked under the outlet lip of the Remora, was creating a siphon and the water was going down in between the rut of the cord. I moved the cord away from the Remora, and hopefully problem fixed.

What is your schedule of dosing of B-ionic? How many ML? How the phosban reactor working out so far? Sorry for so many questions but it seems like you got your tank conditions down pretty good so its best to know from some one who has experience.

Im dosing B-ionic too.

When I remember to dose (yes I just said that), I dose about 10-15 ml per day. I put more trust in the water changes I do to get the parameters right.

WOW!!! 10-15ML Per day. I dont know if Im dosing correctly then be/c I dose about 2 1/2ML of Bionic1-2 every week. I starting to have a bunch of SPS now. Is that too little dosing? Tell you the truth I dont think im dosing correctly then if you are dosing 10-15 per day. I check my calcium level with the calcium is at 450+-. Maybe I dont know what the hell im doing with the dosing and testing part.

Any info will be great. I dont want my sps to die. I know when you calcium level is good your will get coraline growth on glass and back but so far nothing yet for me.

Im running a Finnex 19" 150Watt and 14K Phoenix buln.

Any info/help

Thanks BB

Thanks AL. Yeah the growth is amazing to me as well! Didn't know acros grew that fast. I can't wait to have them all as tall as my blue tort. That's my goal at least.

Haburt - You'll need to underdose first, then work your way up to see what gets you to natural sea water... once there lower the dosage till you find the "sweet spot." Also, if your water tests normal already, don't dose unless you need to.

AcroporaLokani
Thanks AL. Yeah the growth is amazing to me as well! Didn't know acros grew that fast. I can't wait to have them all as tall as my blue tort. That's my goal at least.

Maybe the growth was because of the 10k bulb you were using.

Maybe the growth was because of the 10k bulb you were using.

Not sure. I think it just might be the stability of the tank. I say this because I've read on the *other* forum that the Phoenix bulb has more PAR than the Reefluxes. Which would make me think it's not the bulb. I will say that after I have fragged a branch off my colonies, it only takes about 2 days for it to heal over, color and flesh! :)

Archived