Top Shelf Aquatics

[CUSTOM] Fishfreak218

Fishfreak218

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok...lol.....its ok Bently008....ohh...and BTW try 13 ;):lol: anyway so they are still aclimating....going to release them soon...in their baggy..

also

do you know whats great about a Pico...when you add something new it doubles as a waterchange..since i add so much water to the bag..it takes like 3/4 of an inch of water..maybe a little more and then i refill w/ premixed RO/DI saltwater...did my waterchange for this week..ohh and (it seems i never get a new peice of coral w/out something on it)..i got a colt coral for the 30g. and in the bag was a dwarf blue leg hermit.i putt him in the 2.5g. b.c. algea (mostly various macro's) are getting a little wild.... and a new hitchiker appeared...a feather duster...so now i have 2 feather dusters...

there in :wub: i was worried the two of them would be cramped and they seriously dont look cramped...anyway..iimhoping they wont swim into any of my HitchHiker LPS and get stung to death...i raised these guys (another hint) ...and i have had them for about 2 months now...there momalmost ate them...but they are fine..she also had them way to early...(i stressed her while moving her..when i was aclimating her she had her babies..then they were trpped in the bag and she was eating 'em...i removed her...some of the babies still had their egg/yolk sacks(which there not supposed to have when young..) out of about 25 babies these are the survivors..i used to have 3 but the other one didnt make it....he died last week..anyway ....they look very comfortable in their new tank...

nope....anyway BAD NEWS.....this whole thing makes me so ###ED OFF...anyway they were Golddust Mollies.... (was anybody expecting that???? :lol: ) and last night they were getting thrashed by the flow...so if i turned the flow down on the AquaClear my Green Rics would be getting hit by it and i couldnt move the AQ b.c. there was rocks in the way...so i decided that if i take of the extension part of the tube i will be able to move the AQ...so i take it off and the thing that makes shure you dont suck up any livestock (such as fish, coral, shrimp etc) was attached to the tube...so i decided to use the one from another tank....anyway the trap thing from the other tank/filter seemed to fit on fine...i put it on....turned on the filter and everything seemed fine..i moved the AQ and everything was fine...i went to bed last night...woke up and my fish were gone... :o .....i realized the trap peice thingy from the other filter/tank had come off...leaving the tube completly open....so i checked the filter (took off the plate and looked in.....didnt see any guts or anything..) so i turned it off and took out that plastic tray thing that holds the carbon...there they were....not dead..so i put them back in the tank..stuffed the inlet tube w/ some sponge and was off to school..i get back home today and to my dissapoinment...one will have to be put down (got any suggestions..i thought about feeding him to another fish..since i thought it would be the least painfull...heard about frezzing and it is actually painful....dont wanna do that.) the one that is mostly black he has a broken tail and is twiching AND as ich ...so if i did feed him to another fish..will/could/ is it highly possible that he get ich????? thanks in advance josh

P.S...im REALLY BUMBED...:(:tears:

also forgot to mention the one that needs to be put down is the bigger one...and that he his having a hard time swimming

thanks....i think its coming along very nice....anyway .....shhh....ill tell me secret on how i afford my tanks......i dont...lol...(but im going to start to have to...i am get a summer job and i get $45 a week...$20 of allownece and $25 from lunch money....and then i have X-mas and my B-day....so..AND if/when money is running short....i do extra jobs around the house...or borrow some from a friend...which reminds me i still have to pay him back ;):lol: ....anyway i have a hypothesis and a new plan....ok well i think the reason why my fish is having trouble swimming is b.c. he may have eaten so many pods...there were a TON in the tank...and i dont see as many as there ussually are...he is looking alot fatter two...so anyway i think im going to play it out...hopefully i can save them....i did a FW bath and i added some QuickIch cure (or something like that..it might be Quick Cure..i dont remember)....and then/now i added them back into the tank..the black one looks very fat...lol.....anyway pics to come....

put the fish in a small bowl of clove oil. i have never done it but its supposed to be painless for the fish

nevermind what i just said i'm glad your fish is happy :)

put the fish in a small bowl of clove oil. i have never done it but its supposed to be painless for the fish

nevermind what i just said i'm glad your fish is happy :)

I wouldnt say happy...probably P1$$ED off...goes from SW to FW then back to SW.....poor guys...anyway i snaped some picks of the two brothers.....and the rest of the tank.....posting them now....pics will be here very shortly..(my next post)...gotta go upload 'em BTW...when i do put them on tell me what you think of the fish

actually, the freezer would probably be more humane if you had to euthanize something.

PICS!!!

Left side of tank:

imm2dl.jpg

Right Side of tank (in all honesty the Caulerpa isnt this green..i dont know what happened)

imm2qw.jpg

One of the Mollies and those brown/ used to be orange zoos:

imm32g.jpg

imm3dd.jpg

Not open all the way and this pic. doesnt doo it justice the Purple Shroom:

imm3jm.jpg

One of the two diff. varieties of the GSP (imo the nicer of the two)

imm4xf.jpg

Mint Green Zoanthids:

imm55k.jpg

Here are the rest of the pics ;) :

Orange Ric.:

imm5c3.jpg

Green Rics:

imm5js.jpg

Pic. looking from the left side through the tank:

imm5pj.jpg

One of the many Hitch Hiking LPS Corals:

imm5x5.jpg

and last pic. the FTS (not a very good one..if you cant tell by im not very good at FTS's):

imm64g.jpg

P.S. that 4th pic has really inaccurate coloring of the Coralline algea and the Caulerpa

The tank looks great. I really like the fish, very different for this place. My 13 year old sister cant even handle taking care of a betta bowl let alone a SW tank.

they still have ich....um...i dont know what to do..i dont really have a quarentine set-up right now....ughhhhh....i have a question...if i put them back in the 5g. brakish tank and treat it for Ich....when the treatment is done can i put them back in the 2.5g??? or do i have to wait x amount of days/weeks/months till i put them back?? i heard that Ich is always in the water...so if i put them back in the 2.5g immediatly after they are done with the treatment...will they get ich again???

Hey fishfriek that was only like 30min you waited for the answer.

Have you put a cleaner shrimp in the tank. Or is it too small I dont really know. (Dont ya wish you could get rid of the heater?)

ohh....i do wish i could get rid of the heater...trust me....lol..anyway....i put them in a 5g. QT put some QuickCure in there...wait for a while...maybe about 5 days (yeah i am unpatient..w/ some things..sory) ....um i think the cleaner shrimp would eat them.....there too small to be cleaned anyway......so my question is...as soon as their treatment is done...can i put theem right back in the 2.5g or not???

yes...but these have centimental value...(i raised them form fry-hood.. :lol: ) ....have to try and save them...if not i will be gettins another one..probably a ballon molly b.c. they are ussually smaller.... ;) .....whats happening w/ your tanks snoop???

nice shots!

if you qt the fish, i believe you need to wait out the ich larvae 6-weeks as they are obligate parasites. after that time period they'd starved to death even if they're in cyst form. (i typed that from my FW memory of ich so it could be compleeeetely off. :blush: )

Archived