inTank Media Baskets

[CUSTOM] Fishfreak218

Fishfreak218

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...does nayone know how to figure out the tank volume...like do they know the math to do it...

Its L x W x H divided by 231 to find the gallons. I measured my 2.5 aga and did the fomula and it came out to be 2.49. Does perfecto have the same dimensions of the AGA?

anyone know what this is????? please...someone....well if no one gives me an ID then fine...it wil be called the red fern macro.......anyway..wheresthe competition..not alot of people have LR in their tanks yet...o well..i dont care...gives me a head start.....

Hm...I wonder how my AC 70 (300 GPH) will do? good think I won't have any sand :lol:

I was talking about the AC150 impeller in response to this post.

well an update on today....the tank has already started what seems to be a diatom bloom....its all over the sand and a little tiny bit on the rocks....hopefully it will cycle quickly b.c. some people have LR that is already cured..and aged...

wow, you certainly wasted no time getting started.

I haven't even bought anything except the light yet.

looks good so far.

i like that red fern algae. that name works for me

yes but im thinking of just taking LR from my other tank....and this stuff i dont know what to do with it yet but w/e i dont feel like waiting for the cycle...im alreday getting impatirent...ut oh......anyway i got a free frag the other day and i am diciding between 3 things to choose from for my stocking...i am still at odds...but w/e i dont know...anyway i will not be doing any other mods..i just went into the custom cat. b.c i wanted freedom...what if i want more light down the road...and their is SO SO SO SO SO manny people in the STOCK category but not that many in the OPEN/Custom cat. so i guess i does and it doesnt give me a better chance .....another reason is b.c. i want to see how well i do towards the big guys..like Tigah and travis and them.... Tigah seems to have alot in store for his tank....but i am in this for the fun too not jsut the prizes

well the zoanthids in my sig are either diying from some kind of disease/fungus or their is a pest eating them...i think it is a fungus b.c. my cleaner shrimps and my fish keep picking around them near the base...anyway i cant even get a good frag so i was planning to put these in my pico....but i guess not....but an update on my pico

the Halmidea that came on the LR is coloring up while the "sargasum" is discoloring i dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing...anyway can we have custom tanks in this??? like dif. dimensions....cause tigah seems to be doing that and if he is then i really want a cube tank...if i do go with a cube it will have starphire glass in the front and be really nice and clean..with like back chambers to hide stuff....it would be pretty cool...anyway il see how that goes but otherwise my shaving brush seems to be doing pretty well....about 1/5 or 1/4 of the base was nearlyt ripped/ate of by my hermits in my other tank..also this Caulerpa Prolifera is growing like a weed...it makes me a little nervous but w/e..... algea (the bad kind..not macro) ois taking over the rock and sand so the cycle has begun...anyway hurricane Wilma coming this weekend so hopefully i will be able to reply sincde i have laptops....does n ayone know if a hurricane can nock out the internet even thought we have a BIG generator that runs most of the house...i think the only ting it doesnt run is all of the A/C's only one of them..anyway thanks in advance

Josh

commandingclowns

hey fishfreak if you have a cable line the signal will be intermittent. so you may be able to use it but if the power goes out for the main cable hub the cable would be out so internet would be ou. i'm not sure about dsl and dial up though. I hope tampa doesnt get hit by this thing.

well an update for today.... diatoms have realy taken off....i added 4 dwarf blue leg hermits even though the tank is only a week old..it was try and make it throught the cycle or....get flusheddown the toilet or ....leave out of water till they suffocate...so i thought why notgive 'em a chance....anyway i got them b.c. the zoa's in my sig. had a fungus so i took it back to FS and got an acan. for it....and some orange mushrooms...and other green zoanthids....anyway....they have A HUGE clean up crew in EVERY tank so when you get some of there corals you always get either crabs..or various snails...anyway i didnt want to put them in my 30g....so the pico was the next best thing...they are eating all the diatoms off the floor...if they starteating my macro like my scarlet hermits did then they will have to go down the toilet...anyway thats abouot it for the update except i MIGHT get a custom tank made....dont like the dimensions or the color of the glass (wink wink...no green=a certain kind of glass which is very :bling: ) anyway thats it for now..

ok.....well at 1 in the mourning (now) i turned on the lights and there was these white bugs on the front of my glass and on the rocks...what where these??? could they be some kind of parasite to my coral??? are they coral eating bugs?? should i be concerned??? :scarry:omgomgomg

ok.....well at 1 in the mourning (now) i turned on the lights and there was these white bugs on the front of my glass and on the rocks...what where these??? could they be some kind of parasite to my coral??? are they coral eating bugs?? should i be concerned??? :scarry:omgomgomg

If they look like little white dots with legs hanging out, there copepods completly harmless fish food. :lol:

it was a joke....i know what they are.... :lol: were you guys being serious???? if you where then: :slap: lol...i would lauph if someone entered a pico contest and then asked about pods...lol....

as an update...i almost bought more LR today...but i didnt...got a ricordea and some chateo instead (you never see chateo around here so i had to grab it while i could..) anyway...would coulda shoulda.....well... the crabs went dont the can...flushed em' they were wating my Red Fern Macro and my Sargassum (which by the looks of it...will die anyway but w.e...couldnt have them in my tank so..they went down the drain...and i gave them a chance...no one backstabs me :rant::owned::slap:

ohh...that is a good idea....to bad i didnt think of that before...o well.....now i feel kinda bad but if you think about it how many hermit crabs probably die in horrible ways....probably allot

well last night at 11 o'clock this ANEMONE came out....i already ID'd him and he is one od these: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...cfm?pCatId=1703 so i think i wil research him and seee if they can become pest like...or their lighting requirments....anyway should i keep him on his own litle Bommie or should he go down the flusher.... or should i try hot lemon juice???? which one...he is kinda cool...anyone keep one of these before???? anyway....the halmidea is coloring up...very nicly and everything is doing finr.... picture to come of the Anemone...

EDIT: i looked at some pics and maybe it is Aptasia....i think it is kinda cool..can anyone help me ID this thing...pics soon

Archived