Innovative Marine Aquariums

[CUSTOM] Fishfreak218

Fishfreak218

Well curley-cues are in the same family, but not as problematic as aiptasia. Aiptasia are generally brown, sometimes with a few white speckles.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blind Tree Frog
kill 'em all.

Now hold on there. Let's think about this. The challenge of this competition is to show the best growth right? Who could lose with an Aptaisa family tank? It would be nothing but growth :D

well, if that's the case, I've got a rock covered in about 10 of 'em in my 5G FOWLRAA (fish only with live rock and aptasia). I should just throw that in my 2.5. argh.

I was just in Daytona :)

I actually thought I saw you LOL;;

There was this 13 year old in the LFS and he was buying a ton of stuff, just like you always do LOL

loloololol......^^^^^...anyway sorry for not updating Hurrican Wilma was a B!+ch.... nocked out the power...and i have a generator but the clubhouse didnt and thats where we get internet from (or sumthing like that i cant xplain it) but make a long story shor we got a generator for the clubhouse and now we have power...anyway...i was so so so sos o bored...and i am actually paying (cugh: CGnano : cough) for a new tank...its a 55g...so screw the plans of acustom tank....i added another 18w. light with 6700K bulbs...for the plants...very nice growth... i also did a 30-50% (i dont know how much..about 50% of the water was gone..maybe a little more maybe a little less.) anyway thats really it...i bought some stuff for the tank so im waiting for the cycle to finish...not that i have even tested the water :blush: anyway ill have to put up pics. of the tank and the anemone...i didnt have time to the last time i had internet and the next morning the Hurricane came,.....i only lost one thing....since we had a generator b.c. i had a fan blowing over the tank...like an 18" fan...(a really big one..i dont know the exact size..just a guess) and it was evapirating and the temps. kept fluctuating so i lost one rock of button polyps....and thats abiout it

if i was driving to S. or N. (sorry i keep forgeting) carolina than i would.....but im saving up...i can get $45 a week...if i dont eat lunch..so i already have alot so soon i will have enough but thanks anyway.....ok...i didnt even get a chance to look at the 2.5g today....so when i got around to it....i reqalized my shaving brush plant had died..alot of the leaves or w/e u wanna call 'em fell of sometime between last night and today ...i thinnk they looked like they were still in place b.c. the flow on the Aquaclear was turned all the way down and last night i turned it all the way up...just to see what would happen and so i guess the added flow nocked the leavesw around....anyway it was dying from the inside stock and up to the "leaves" also the red fern macro was getting overgrown with some kind of pest algea.... (which actually looks really nice) ....and i dont really know if it is a pest...thats just a guess...but w/e so i moved the fern algea into my 30g......anyway so the tank has really taken off with growth....anyway it looks realy bad right now so no recent pics....i might reaquascape though....any thoughts on that???

ok....quiq update....i promise pics are going to go up tonight...just got back from LFS and got some Zoanthids for the tank....REALLY nice ones....they are waiting in my 30g. and i cannot fin one place to put it.....the whole tank is packed with a TON of coral....there is a few places but they just keep falling from there...so hopefully i can find a nice spot somewhere for them...cant wait to set up my 55 and clear out some of my 30g. anyway cleaned up the 2.5g cleaned the front glass with the tinyies magfloat they make....ill post a pic of it in the tank for size comparison...it is less than 2" long...its like 1 and 3/4" so it is really tiiny...i havnt seen anybody on here with one this small....also put the Culerpa Prolifera where the Shaving Brush Plant USED ( :tears: ) to be........ and i had to trim it alittle b.c. it was getting very stringy and some of the leaves where going pale....and from what i hear if the leaves turn clear/plae that means they are releasing nutrients into your tank...so i trimed off those two leaves....anyay i already have 3 corals... and a few other things i need to frag and another frag siting in my tank....just waiting.....also the Curly Que Anemone didnt come out the whole day today...its really weird......pics to come tonight...

Told you the Shaving Brush wasn't the best choice :).

Anyways, I picked up my Live Rock today. I got 7 pounds for my 2.5. I figure the Biological Filtration will be good enough.

I also grabbed some really adorable blue legged hermits for $2.00 each.

^^^is this yuor tanks thread or mine CGNano^^^^......lol....j/k i dont give a shnit.....anyway WOW 7lbs. is a ton of rock.....i almost got 4lbs. but i thought the more water volume would be better.......since bio-load wont be huge....i am still deciding between 2 things....one of the choices i am raising right now...they were born a while ago but they are taking so damn long to grow up.....lol...i might not put them in here though....i still dont know...decisions, decision... :huh:

i didnt know Blue Legs could be adorable...anything special about yours??? do they have nice shells or something???

No LOL, they just look so cute :) They clamber around the rocks and are like half an inch long. They are have orange and blue legs like most of them do... atleast I think most of them do.

BTW new AIM is Chrissttifa.

Thats Aiptasia.

Hate to dissapoint you, Josh.

BTW Royal Grammas rock. I loved mine so much, then as usual, a storm knocks out the power.

Now hold on there. Let's think about this. The challenge of this competition is to show the best growth right?

What thread communicates the judging rules?

And Here is some more:

famwe0.jpg

famwox.jpg

and a pic of the growth:

famx6h.jpg

famxjk.jpg

and that is it for now

WOWOWOWOW....sorry for the overly HUGE pics guys but i cant resize on TinyPic i guess ull just have to live with it.....anyway sorry

I agree that there's a huge possibility that the "curly cue" anemone is aiptasia.They are in the same family, and often look similar, but in this case, I have aiptasia that looks exactly the same. Some can be pure brown, some can have the bluish markings like shown. This color pattern can vary widely from parent to "offspring".

sorry... i dont know how to resize except for Photobucket and my account was full....so i used tinypic.com sorry.....know u got me worrying DeamonFly.....i hope it's not anemone...well it didnt come out at all today so maybe it is dying.....anyway im at my Aunt's house for din din and i dont have internet again so im using his comp. so the updates may take awhile...also i noticed that 2 other people (3 in total) have Caulerpa Prolifera in their tanks....i think that is a really big coeincadence (SP?) ......anyway no update reallly.....sorry for the bad/huge pics....

Blind Tree Frog

There are various free programs that allow resizing of pics, like The GIMP (works well for amueter photographers... well enough at least).

Microsoft Paint will also resize JPGs.

ok well the lights have been on for 2 days straight now... :blush:omgomgomg .....here is the story behind it....well i slept over my friends house last night and before we left to go to her house i told my bro i would call him and remind him to turn off my fishtank lights...(my 30g. fully stocked :scarry: ..and my pico wich thankfully doesnt have anything in it....)...so anyway we get to her house and some other friends slept o0ver 2...that i was also friends with and we where having so much fun that i totally forgot :blush: about my tanks...i never called my bro so the lights stayed on from the mourning throughout the night and till 3:45 today......thats when i got home from her house and realized....so i turned off the lights on my Pico and they are off 4 the rest of the night..and i just left my Pico's light on since all that is living in it is Aptasia/Curly Que anemone.....anyway the anemone is in his little canve for 3 days now....and i noticed some Feather Culerpa growing on my LR....so i guess more macro's and also the Sargassum is shedding the old and growing new leaves/stalks.....so im excited b.c. i thought for sure it was a gonner....also i forgot to mention....i am running 2 fixtures both coralife 18w fixtures one with a 9w 10k and a 9w actinic and the other a 9w 6700k and a 9w actinic.....so i have a total of 36w of light......

well...not really much of an update but i am thinking this rockwork sucks @$$ so i might get

more rocks.......what do you guys think....

while i still have a week of the cycle (estimated) i should get the cured

stuff at LFS..and it can go throught its minicycle... also i think im going to do mainly a Zoanthid and mushroom (ricordea's too)

and maybe some LPS for the sand or sumthing....but im leaning toward zoanthids and Mushrooms...stocking is still undesided

Archived