Cultivated Reef

[CUSTOM] Fishfreak218

Fishfreak218

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fishfreak218

forgot to add a few things... i took the gorg. out b.c. there was no room for it.. ill go and get store credit for it on sat. anyway.... saturday the plan is to brake down my 30g. Cube to get a clean/fresh start.. im going to take almost everything to them 4 store credit.. hopefully i can pick up some things for the pico.. so no pics until saturday... also since i got the palythoa they went from 2 polyps to four and i can see another one coming up.... also i had to take out one of the rics. b.c.the rock it was one was just to big... and the mushroom rock (w/ purple shroom and green mottled shrooms).. i didnt want to put them in b.c. there was to much macroalgea on it..... i have 3 more mushrooms i want to add to the pico and some xenia ... (one mushrooms still needs to be mounted on the rock...).. i also want to add something else with movement and some zoanthids..

Fishfreak218

update:

one of my two colonies of GSP has opened SO FAR.. which is great.. also my tank was runng 87 degrees so i taped a fan on the back..also i only had 1 Coralife Mini on there.. and it didnt spread light enough so i added another one...looks good... ill post pics later...

Fishfreak218

well..everything is open except one thing.. anyway i saw my bubble coral attacking my Palthoas so i moved them.. otherwise everything else is great... i think that i might get around to taking pics today.. i have to work on a stu;id book report.. (im doing it on "The New Marine Aquarium" b.c. it was due a long time ago but i didnt do it b.c. i didnt read a book.. and he said i hade 2 weeks to do it.. so im doing it on that... lololo... anyway... thats kinda it for now..

Fishfreak218

lol, i saw my thread on the home page and it said "Semi xAsian" and i KNEW that u were going to be asking for pics.. well ill see if i can snap a few and post them tonight .. and this is good bc now they are on a new page..

-josh

P.S. going to take pics now...

lol, i saw my thread on the home page and it said "Semi xAsian" and i KNEW that u were going to be asking for pics.. well ill see if i can snap a few and post them tonight .. and this is good bc now they are on a new page..

-josh

P.S. going to take pics now...

lol =D you know it

Fishfreak218

no, actually.. im going to LFS tommorow.. hopefully i can pick up some zoanthids, and also im waiting on a shroom to attach to this one rock so i can put it in the 2.5g and i need to put in my other rics. and re-arange stuff.. i guess you'll have to wait Semi.... lol :P

Fishfreak218

Well, i took the Clown Goby out today... and well lets make a long story short.. b.c. of my leaf fish i have to put a my blood shrimp and Bicolor blenny into the small tank!!!!! so the Bicolor is going into this tank for now.. hopefully not long.. im really nervouse.. and for now... ill add Cheato.... :yikes: :scarry:

i added some shrooms today.. ill post pics later

Fishfreak218

ya... i do.. but for good reasons.... i opted [sp] to go fishless since the smaller tank size but... then my dad said i HAD to keep theone shrimp and the Blenny .... so.... since he pays for it..

hmmmm

maybe ill tell him that its really pushing it and i COULD get algea problems... and i can just buy a 5.5.g or a 10g. and put them in there.. i havnt done anything yet so...

Fishfreak218

ok.. well since i have gone fishless.. i havnt seen an improvement or a dissprovement.. im going to the LFS today to get some Damsels for my Leaf fish... and hopefully they will have a/some Sexy shrimp or other cool inverts.... anyway i didnt have to put the bicolor in because i ended up putting him in a 5g. hex... also im srry for no updates.. i have been busy planning my Vivarium that will house Poison Dart Frogs (so i can have the jungle and the ocean in my room ;) ) and um... im learning to play basketball :blush: a little late but... IDK my dad just never tought me and i really wanna learn how so i practice every day.. my basketball hoop finnaly came (it was for my b-day on the 17th of feb. but the people had to like dig this deep 4 foot hole and put cement in ... and then set-up the Hoop...) so anyway.. srry for the lack of updates

• 2 weeks later...
Fishfreak218

ok.. lol... weelll i got back from my trip to Boston and then to Colorado... and.. my Pico doesnt look so good.. there is some slime algea growing by my bubble coral.. and um.. my G. Ma didnt refill the tank today.. and there is a fan blowing so the water was about an inch and a half low from where it should have been.. im slowly raising the water level w/ top off water and doing a Waterchange tomoroow

rough man, you gotta be careful with those picos........ when the tank gets back up and running give us an update, id like to see what it looks like now

Fishfreak218

ya... ok well...i didnt loose anything and am trying to get my Xenia to grow onto another small peice of rubble to put into the pico.. we will see how that goes

Fishfreak218

ok,,,,, weeeellll ever since we got back from out trip everything looks bad.. i have alot of algea.. the coral is expanding... but i have this weird algea everywhere and my GSP bleached (i dont know why,,,) i tested my water and everything is fine.. i think my grandma fed the tank even though i told her not too.. oh well.... nyway i guess im kinda out.. but it was fun....

it looks so bad i dont even want to post a pic..

try and get it into shape, jsut so we can see whats its like! you put too much time and effort into this forum not to!!! haha, sorry to hear about the mishap again, hope all goes well

Fishfreak218

Thanks Sandlot,

illl try.... but i dont think ill put it in the contest.. i have until when the 9th??? right.....im away on fri. and saturday and we are going to this Veitnamese restraunt on sunday called the Morakami (its also a museum [sp]) anyway.... Im not sure whats going to happen...

Archived