inTank Media Baskets

[CUSTOM] Fishfreak218

Fishfreak218

ok well i was all for the stock contest until i put my lights on...it just doesnt cover it right..so for now i have 18w of light but will eventually upgrade to 36w.....anyway here is a picture of the equipment:

c8f41698.jpg

and here is my entry picture:

02ed5e39.jpg

and here is the tank half filled:

e5b3cb90.jpg

and here is the FTS..as of hour 1..day 1:

583d609b.jpg

the equipment is:

1 coralife mini (18w) will be upgrading to two of the in a custom hood..alreday have an extra one

1 aquaclear 20

1 50w All Glass Aquarium heater..(cant find 25w anywhere)

2.5g perfecto (black silicone)

Livesand from established tank

3lbs. of uncured LR

one 3/4w moon light

Livestock:

hitchhiker corals...called cup coral..or sumthin like that

one hitchhiker macro

shaving brush macro

caulerpa prolifera...and thats it for now

ohh yes and i forgot to add on my equipment list a fan..is the smallest one i could find that i wouldnt have to go and do wiring to an ac adapter....it comes witha plug and stuff...its for the coralife lights...anywway....i am going to do a macro/shrooms (including rics..yumas..etc)/zoanthid tank maybe 1 LPS....anyway i want a more open look.....and their are future stocking plans for this but i am goin to keep that on the down low...:D;)

ill give you a hint though..it wont be any cleaner shrimp

and

I HATE SEXY SHRIMP AND POM POM CRABSSS..!!!!!

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at one of the FS's i go to they probably have every single tank there...they have 30g XH (extra high) 20l 20h 15 15h....20xh...anything from oceanic and aga they will deff. have...but there was no maker's name on my tank...no peaice of paper saying the maker or anything...so i assumed it was perfect....i guess not...could be aga....but i dont really know..it was more of an assumption....anyway it has to same dimensions...but when i filled it up for water leak test it was only 2g. does nayone know how to figure out the tank volume...like do they know the math to do it....can you please tell me..thanks in advance..

whew..gil you scared me...sorry man...maybe its ur computer because for me everybody's photos load up fast...well than maybe it's my computer...lol..anyway

travis that was me..i talked about it in the other thread before the rules came out...lol...hmmm..the water volume calculator on www.garf.org said its 2g also..hmmm thats strange

...but i am goin to keep that on the down low...

Fishfreak, my friend, are you sure you meant "on the down low" and not "on the low down"???

no...i meant on the down low...is on the low down the way you say it??? where are u from...well i have heard both of those so i guess its just a metter of what you like most...or maybe im wrong or maybe im right..who knows

no...i meant on the down low...is on the low down the way you say it??? where are u from...well i have heard both of those so i guess its just a metter of what you like most...or maybe im wrong or maybe im right..who knows

You can do a simple search for "on the down low" on Amazon.com and I bet you'll be very surprised.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-h...7219046-8778417

Looking very good so far :); I'm having a major problem with mine right now. I can't keep the sand from blowing around and then going up my AC and stopping it from running. Then, my sand is all clumped together :(.

well....i keep the flow turned down to almost the lowest it can go..but not quite the middle either.. and it hits my LR and then kinda makes a nice flow through the tank...IMO having it on full power is just to much flow for a standard 2.5g but i think b.c. the minibow is taller....it wont make as big a deal for them...they can have the full flow

Hm...I wonder how my AC 70 (300 GPH) will do? good think I won't have any sand :lol:

I'm thinking of doing a no sand tank at this point.

ohh yeah travis....well if you click on my pic in my sig than it will take you to MY pico ....... :happy::P stop advertising on MY thread :angry: ...im just kidding...i dont really care b.c. if they are lookin into the pico contest then they are probably going to look at yours..but i way (cough:tigahboy: cough) and a few others....lol..oh well

Sorry to intrude on this thread but I just set-up a 2.5 with a millenium 1000 and I made an overflow for the filter

keeps the sand from going in and clogging up the filter

i made it out of a 100pack CD-R spindle case

just an idea for you guys

I'll try to post a pic in my gallery

Edit: ok pics are up in my gallery

wll those pics up there stink so im going to be adding some more pics tonight (like in 20mins) b.c. the tank has cleared up and stuff... so things look alot better..

here is a better FTS...the water is clear in this one...im lovin the look ..i dont want the cycle to start..i hate diatoms....grrrr:

2.jpg

ohh yes and that fuzzy stuff on the rocks is die off....this rock must be fresh from being shipped to LFS b.c. i have never seen so mush on rock...except at the other fs which sells turf live rock

ok well an update i got a new macro algea..its red and looks like a fern....well ill post pics in a sec... (i have to load them first)

ephwy8.jpg

new macro..anyone got an ID??? thanks in advance

P.S. it take a little while to load....i had to host on tinypic.com because photobucket isnt workin

Archived