ReefCleaners.org

[CUSTOM] Fishfreak218

Fishfreak218

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Minimalist...now anyway...i have some rock in my 30g. that im going to use to replace that one rock with Aptasia.... (and it now has an Offspring..YIKES)...and add some more rock when the cycle is over.....i think the tank is Finnaly 4 weeks old now (got to go check the calendar) so i should be getting my water checked today or tommorow.....most likly tommorw b.c. im goin to a Car show in Miami today....OHH..and off topic but my friends dad just got an Aston martin what a nice, :bling: car.....very cool..i hope we see one at the car show..anyway.....so thats kinda it for the update

well anyway the Car show was AWESOME....now my dad is thinking ofgetting the new Jaguar (SP?) XK (oritmight be KX...do a www.google.com image search on it) anyway today i took out the Caulerpa Prolifera b.c. it was not looking the way i planed..and then i took some feather Caulerpa from my 30g. out which was attached to a small peice of LR..which is shaped like some kind of SPS...very vaguly (SP)..but you can stil tell it used to be and then stuff grew on it etc. anyway while my hand was in the tank i decided to take out the rock w/ the Aptasia on it (which now has a baby) anyway somethiung bright caught mY EYE..so i looked at it and i put the rock bak into the tank...anyway it is kinda cool..so i may buy a Pep. shrimp...let him eat up...and then give him back to the LFS....so anyways thins thing i think it is a Tunicate...but it is kinda hard...i will post RESIZED pics tonight..lol

sorry guys for not posting pics...but my parents were at Mexico and they took the camra, anyway they came back last night....also while i was at the LFS getting my water tested they had JoesJuice B) so i bought some and zapped those FooKerzz :lol: .....anyway my water tested out:

Alkalinity: 5.6 (The Worst of them all but i will do a water change or something...and get it under control

Ammonia, trate, phosphates, and trites: 0 (yessss)

Calcium: 420

PH: 8.3

Salinity (with refractometer): 1.025

:o

anyway this small tank was better than my 30g. and so i actlimated my FIRST corals to the tank.... omgomgomg:lockdown:fingerscrossed:naughtydance:

anyway tommorow when they arent as closed up and when the tank clears up ill post pics....

The Livestock as of tonight

Ok here is the list of livestock as of tonight:

1 astrea

2 unidentified snails...(no arm done yet)

8 mushrooms ( 5 of which are VERY TINY...like about 1-2mm in diameter...and they arebunched ttogether....they used to be one larger mushroom but he died, and left baby fragments of him...so i guess you can say he is still there)

3lbs of liverock

Feather Caulerpa

1 Orange Tunicate

Feather Caulerpa

Sargassum

thats it for now...more corals to come...im going to tes how these guys do out untill next week...)

Also i think i forgot to say that this morning i added a Turbo Snail to help clean up that rock on the right....i has TREMNDOUS growth on it....some very cool and others i wish would be gone.....anyway i have more coral to go into the tank....just waiting....and waiting and waiting in my 30g.

Those are some nice looking 'shrooms, but the squirt is just fantastic, best of luck with it. You have a natural looking tank and I like the algae growth (the cool stuff that is). B)

Best regards

Ann

Thanks Ann,

lol....i have to go get some DT's to feed it....and i think to help out and get the "extra" DT's that the Tunicate doesnt eat i wil get a Feather Duster or something....anyway i am going to add more snails and take out the turbo b.c. they poop ALOT, my plan of an open tank is not really possible w/ the rocks i got.....so i guess i will just have to do my best to make it looks nice...anyway more updates when i get more coral.....i think im going to be puting in some today, so keep

checking in...

Josh

WHOOT WHOOT....I GOT A NIKON D50 TODAY...

The battery is chargin right now......so pics soon...and also i have 10days with this Camera either until christmas or if i dont like the camera it will go back to Ritz Camera and i will either trade it in for something or get my moeny back..anyway i will have to post pics....

ok.....well bad nes about the camera.....i droped it and it smashed.... no im j/k (just kidding) lol anyway there is still bad news though...when i first got the camera home it had a little battery life left so i got it and tooksome pics, of stuff around my house...(outside) these pics came out GREAT....then i tried taking some pics of my tank and they tunred out pretty good...but then something happened and i messed up the settings and cant get it back to normal...so no pics of the 2.5g just of my 30g. and i dont even know if im going to upload them to my comp....anyway i added a rock of Green Ricordea....and it has a red feather duster on it...bt the Duster is kinda hard to see....anyway I also took out the 6700k light and put in a 10k light.....for a more blue look..maybe ill get better pics with it anyway thats it for now....pics to come

no.......for all of these pics..im using a Canon Powershot Elph SD400.....too see some pics taken with the D50.....go this link..but on it some of the things that im actually focusing on are in the middle and some of the pics are bigso you have to scrollover to see the whole pic: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72327BTW im using the stock 18-55mm lens.....im testing it b4 X-masto see if it is something i really want......and then we have 10 days to return everything....and 30dys to trade it in for other stuff...but i like it...im going to get a105mm lens....some day..when i actualy know how to use the camera...im learning slowly..and keep in mind...i barly know what im doing....

Just switch the camera to auto and turn off the flash (read the manual) and you should be ok for now until you learn what your doing. Also put it into auto focus because some of the pics you took were out of focus.

Read up on a couple general photography websites and get a few photo books out of the library and that should help you a ton. Pretty much all the basic techniques from film can be applied to digital with a dslr.

AND FINNALY PICS FROM THE D50.....

Whoot.....ok well i reaquascaped...and i finnaly took decent pics with my D50.....well here they are

FTS:

hrlva1.jpg

The Left Side:

hrlvgz.jpg

The Right Side:

hrlvmo.jpg

The Blue Dot Mushroom and Green Mottled Mushroom:

hrlvut.jpg

My Ricordea Rock:

hrlw1y.jpg

My Feather Duster (might be a little blurry sorry):

hrlwea.jpg

And Last but not Least the Tunicate:

hrlwlx.jpg

What do you think of the New Aquascaping??? IMO its better...what do you guys think???

the custom part is the part where i have 36w of light...and freedom to do w/e i want.....plus...there is too many people in the stock category and i wanna see how good i do against some of the better people in Custom....i just looked at the pics and realized how blurry they were...ill have to get better ones...I need a tripod too....and a better Lens

Ok well i added some zoanthids and a TINY frag of GSP that i just ripped (no tools) of of my larger coloney.....anyway i also got my water tested here is how it turned out:

Alkalinity: 7.0 (its still not good but at least its improving)

Ammonia, Trate, Trite, Phosphate: 0

PH: 8.2

Salinity: 1.025

Calcium: 360 (too low...i need to do a water change to get it back up)

Archived