SaltCritters.com

[CUSTOM] Fishfreak218

Fishfreak218

Thought i'd post the new pics on the new page... anywat.. complete TURNAROUND under planning

Tank looks pretty good. I would add a black background and maybe swap out the glass heater for a stealth visitherm so it doesn't stand out as much. Love the carribean rics.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks.. workin on the heater and stuff... lol.. i dont know if my tank builder has time to build me a new tank.. anyway i need to put all this stuff in like.. a bucket or something.....and clean out the tank.. with new sand and scrape the tank down b.c. it has this weird green algea that i cant get off with the Magfloat... also i am deffinatly adding a background... and.. maybe ill just go with a minibow, but i wont know how to clean it b.c. of the Acrylic... i dont like the dimensions of this tank very much.. :( and my rock is pure crap.. im kicking myself for buying such shapeless rock.. anyway pics to come

and a stocking list too

Livestock:

2 Dwarf Blue LEg Hermits named MR. and Mrs. Crabs

1 Astrea Snail named Gary

1 Glass Anemone Shrimp ( Periclimenes brevicarpalis) named Nem

1 Yellow Clown Goby (that EATS! i could never find a good one) names JAWS

1 Peppermint Shrimp (is purpose is to eat the Aptasia) named Pep

4 Mushrooms (2 of which are small)

5 Green Ricordea

2 (both splitting!) Orange Ricordea

2 things of GSP that are right next to eachother

5 polyps of Mint Green Zoanthids

1 Frogspawn

1 Green bubble coral

3 Feather dusters...

thanks.. i got it for my B-day last year! what a great computer.. i would reccomend it! unless you are into like editing movies and all that jazz then get the Powerbook

:in best jaws themm song voice: duuunn duunn, duuunn, duun, dun, dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dundundundudndun! AHHHH lol meet JAWS!

ok.. well JAWS is camera shy so some of these i had to take with flash, anyway here is one where he looks like he is looking in the mirror b.c. there is like no algea where his reflection is.. lol:

kbr3ah.jpg

kbr3tw.jpg

kbr403.jpg

kbr609.jpg

Well big loss (stupid Hermits).. anyway my Anemone Shrimp molted and then after the molt he was not in his ricordea... so he got eaten by Pep, also i added a Nassarious snail.. and MR/Mrs. Crabs went to get it and tried to rip him out of the shell... so know i only have 1 hermit crab.. ok now its time for the GUESSING GAME!!!!

I got a new fish named Dory, she is a Nano sized fish.. she is blue with a yellow tail and she is pretty cheap.. can anyone gues???

Anyone else wanna guess b4 I reveal the answer??? There's a special prize!!!

anyway i named her dory b.c. she looks like a hippo tang, she is relativly cheap, she is Pico (edited that from b4) so she is PICO SIZED! so anyone want to guess?? c'mon more guesses, more guesses

anyway i named her dory b.c. she looks like a hippo tang, she is relativly cheap, she is Pico (edited that from b4) so she is PICO SIZED! so anyone want to guess?? c'mon more guesses, more guesses

ok, well only one of you was RIGHT! and the Answer is, drumrole please (ut-oh i already here them coming wewowewoweoweoweowewoweweoweoweoweoweo) its the TANG POLICE!!! thats right, first to put a Blue Tang in a 2.5g (dont worry he already has BIG home planned for him ) ok well Regal Tang, you didnt guess you knew about it so w/e anyway pics tonight.. this weekend new Aquascape and hopefully a background and new sand

SUCK ON THIS TANG POLICE:

Everyone meet Dory:

m7fdxe.jpg

m7fejs.jpg

m7fepz.jpg

m7few1.jpg

ok well, there he is and NO ONE COMPLAIN! he was in a similar size tank at LFS and was eating Adult Brine Shrimp (when i asked if they would feed him Frozen Mysis they said they have it for sale but only feed Live Brine to their fish) so the live Brine was divoured [sp] at the store and i figured it looked pretty darn close to Frozen Mysis.. anyway when i put her in yesterday she started picking on the Caulerpa and when i fed her today (Mysis soaked in Garlic additive) she ate a toN! i dont know if you can see it but she is all fat.. anyway she is so cute..I love her.. we also aranged for her to go to a 210g. when she is older, if she makes it past then b.c. small tangs are hard to keep.. anyway hope you liker her

I just hope i can keep him disease free, since baby tangs dont do so well, but he was either goin to get baught by someone else or die in the LFS, so why not buy him.. right

yeah, buy those litle baby tangs up, "rescue" them even, so the LFS sees demand, buys more, and the cycle continues... genius.

ok, I absolutly HATE when people say $H!+ like that b.c. they get bought anyway, once something is in a LFS you can consider it bought (if it is healthy)...... they will continue and have been for a while.. and people do buy them, so STFU..

also i didnt "rescue" him.. he was in relativly [sp] the same size tank, he was being fed Adult Brine.. so i bought him b.c. he looked Healthy (the LFS moved from a diff. location so he hadnt been in the store long b.c. i went for there Opening sale...)

Its kinda like when people get all anal about keeping octopi. I went to a chinese buffet in Houston a week ago and there was a whole serving tray of octopus. The best part was hardly anyone ate any so they'll probably just throw them away. Not to mention all the other fish, chicken and meat they had.

Its okay to slaughter and eat...but try to keep something alive in a home smaller than its size and the sirens go off.

Anything people buy from a petstore fuels the fire, and people will always be stupid so don't worry about it. Heck we know coral reefs are endangered yet most coral enthusiasts buy wild coral? Go Figure.

lol, thank you BelowH2O,

those are some very good points, "O its not right to keep a Tang in a tank smaller than its size" (which is not yet true) but dipping Chickens in boiling water (while fully contous [sp] ) to de-feather them.. is fine, right??? anyway i figure it this way, he is 1" so its like keeping a 1ft. Blue Tang in a 6ft. long tank (i doubt anyone would be complaining if that was the dimensions of a tank i had with a Blue tang that size in it)

Archived