Pod Your Reef

[CUSTOM] Fishfreak218

Fishfreak218

What are you guys on? We all know the usual arguements about eating meat, fueling the industry etc but you cannot dismiss an arguement by elevating other wrongs. Why not flip that arguement on it's head - just because someone eats meat, does that give them the automatic right to be an irresponsible fish keeper?

I fail to see how it's ok to raise a tang in a 2.5 because it will end up in a 210. If fishfreak wants a tang for his 210(or someone elses 210), then they should get one for their 210 when they are ready. It's not rocket science.

None of us are saints, but at least most of us make an attempt to follow some sensible guidelines.

ok he is putting it in the 2.5 for a little bit move it to the 30 than move it to the 210....hes doing it for a good fish...or do you want the 210 to be too big for that little guy...he would be worse off in the 210.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's Top 10 Posters

Member Joined Total Member Posts Posts Today % of today's posts

Samoyed 19-January 06 113 72 8.86%

Fishfreak218 10-August 05 2,083 31 3.81%

just so you know....YOU WERE OWNED SUCKA!!!

Today's Top 10 Posters

^ weirdo :mellow:

Today's Top 10 Posters

I didn't know this was a competition to post the most? Actually this thread is supposed to be about Fishfreaks Pico isn't it?

...If fishfreak wants a tang for his 210(or someone elses 210), then they should get one for their 210 when they are ready. It's not rocket science.

None of us are saints, but at least most of us make an attempt to follow some sensible guidelines.

yes :bowdown:

Ok, put a 3/4" tang into the 210 now with biger more established fish and massive amounts of flow. I would like you to tell me how he has more of a chance of surviving in that enviroment? We usualy refer to fish of that size in tanks that big as dinner.

On a nicer note, Fishfreak, you got any cool update photos?

I didn't know this was a competition to post the most? Actually this thread is supposed to be about Fishfreaks Pico isn't it?

lol but fishfreak is my friend...and i just wanted to rub it in his face!!! lol

Ok, put a 3/4" tang into the 210 now with biger more established fish and massive amounts of flow. I would like you to tell me how he has more of a chance of surviving in that enviroment? We usualy refer to fish of that size in tanks that big as dinner.

thats what hes been trying to say...they dont listen...its like..lets put a 3 year old baby out to live on his own on an island with adults fighting against him for food!!! or would he rather be in a small hut with food for him,so he could grow up and get stronger so he could live on his own on the island later on...

crappy analagy(sp?) but you get the point

Tangs actually are well accustomed to high flow areas of water. They actually thrive in such enviornments. I understand maybe the fact that he's small and you don't want him to be a snack but then why wouldn't you wait and just get a larger tang for this larger tank? That tang can't even get to a size in the 2.5g that will allow it to fair well in a 210g. The tank is simply to small.

oh dear.. well this isnt really a flame more just my opinion. :)

oki these little tangs are normaly caught from huge groups of baby tangs that shoal together. so firstly to bring one out of the wild to live alone is wrong.

(shops fault)

buying the tang from the shop is fueling the collecters

(bad fishfreak)

the tank size hmm well ive kept juv and adult tangs in the past. yes they can live in a aquarium, but i will say this these tangs can cover a 6 ft aquarium side to side in a blink of an eye. to keep one in as small of a space as a 2.5 is limiting its growth and overall mentle health. (fish have feeling) no its not rubbish why do you think blennies go white when you first buy them they are scared.

will it live? would say there is a gd chance of it but moving the fish 3 times isnt gd for its health as you will see little tangs dont like being moved. they can end up just laying on the bottom.

(bad fishfreak)

the fact you are trying to do what you think is best for the fish its a good thing and i wish more people did so :)

(gd fishfreak)

as for the fish being put strait into the 200 gal... they live in the ocean you know its quite a large place ;) just your job to make sure that you arnt placing it into a tank you know it cant live in.

now from the tangs point of view:

i personaly suffer from social anxiety dissorder so i dont really get to go out much. i can tell you one thing. yes im alive yes im going to live for many years. would i rather have a bigger more intresting space to live in. yes for sure. i would place money on the fact that that tang feels the same way.

at the end of the day some creatures just shouldnt be collected for vairous reasons. there are many arguments for and against what fish freak is doing. i personaly belive its the collecters that are to blame and i wish this little tang good luck :)

fighting about it doesnt really solve anything its down to fishfreak to assure that the tang is happy and lives a long life. so lets not waste all the help that could be being given because we are arguing over the tang.

so imo i would not put a tang in a 2.5. i would put it in a 40-50gal with reef fish (i have done in the past) and grow it out there. a 2.5 isnt a grow out tank its a growth limiting tank. however the fact you are trying to do what you think is best for the animal is good.

so i am against the tank size but with you on trying to do your best and wish you and your tank gl :) (soz for any spelling/gram mistakes its late and im lazy :P )

(bad invert) >_<

oh dear.. well this isnt really a flame more just my opinion. :)

oki these little tangs are normaly caught from huge groups of baby tangs that shoal together. so firstly to bring one out of the wild to live alone is wrong.

(shops fault)

buying the tang from the shop is fueling the collecters

(bad fishfreak)

the tank size hmm well ive kept juv and adult tangs in the past. yes they can live in a aquarium, but i will say this these tangs can cover a 6 ft aquarium side to side in a blink of an eye. to keep one in as small of a space as a 2.5 is limiting its growth and overall mentle health. (fish have feeling) no its not rubbish why do you think blennies go white when you first buy them they are scared.

will it live? would say there is a gd chance of it but moving the fish 3 times isnt gd for its health as you will see little tangs dont like being moved. they can end up just laying on the bottom.

(bad fishfreak)

the fact you are trying to do what you think is best for the fish its a good thing and i wish more people did so :)

(gd fishfreak)

as for the fish being put strait into the 200 gal... they live in the ocean you know its quite a large place ;) just your job to make sure that you arnt placing it into a tank you know it cant live in.

now from the tangs point of view:

i personaly suffer from social anxiety dissorder so i dont really get to go out much. i can tell you one thing. yes im alive yes im going to live for many years. would i rather have a bigger more intresting space to live in. yes for sure. i would place money on the fact that that tang feels the same way.

at the end of the day some creatures just shouldnt be collected for vairous reasons. there are many arguments for and against what fish freak is doing. i personaly belive its the collecters that are to blame and i wish this little tang good luck :)

fighting about it doesnt really solve anything its down to fishfreak to assure that the tang is happy and lives a long life. so lets not waste all the help that could be being given because we are arguing over the tang.

so imo i would not put a tang in a 2.5. i would put it in a 40-50gal with reef fish (i have done in the past) and grow it out there. a 2.5 isnt a grow out tank its a growth limiting tank. however the fact you are trying to do what you think is best for the animal is good.

so i am against the tank size but with you on trying to do your best and wish you and your tank gl :) (soz for any spelling/gram mistakes its late and im lazy :P )

(bad invert) >_<

you still need to understand...hes doing it for the fish...and it will be better in the long run..plus he isnt frequently moving it!

thank you very much,

reefpeace

melbourne

Xytrix01

Samoyed

and Sandlot 13 .. for your support.. This will be a challenge (sp)..

as for the highflow thing and new pictures.. sunday's are the days i devote to my tank... so i am going to the LFS getting something to give to pico more flow, give him some excersise and i guess you can say "get him ready for his transferal" ... about pics i will be ripping out most if not all the Caulerpa and i might be getting a new light b.c. these 2 lights look crappy on top (asthetic) and i need them to use a fuge lights for my 30g. ... anyway pics will come tomorrow.. also new aquascape tommorow... also in regaurd to invert:

thank you for your opinions.. every body's posts have been very entertaining to read.. but i have one thing to say:

you said "so imo i would not put a tang in a 2.5. i would put it in a 40-50gal with reef fish (i have done in the past) and grow it out there. a 2.5 isnt a grow out tank its a growth limiting tank. however the fact you are trying to do what you think is best for the animal is good"

i have to dissagree with the fact that he wont grow in this tank.. a dissproven thing im pretty sure.. restricting fish to smaller spaces will stunt their growth is an old "myth" anyway im sorry for not responding sooner.. its just that internet went out at 12 o'clock last night. (or around there) and wasnt on till 10 o'clock tonight....

-FF218

well, i just turned up the flow on my Aquaclear 20 and surprisingly he liked it.. but my bubble coral doesnt so much.. he is so funny, swimming in the current.... he likes it alot... well anyway updates tomorrow

Geez, its like somone said zeovit in the sps forum on RC. 3 Pages since he put a tang in.

Whoa, Whoa, whoa? Your not starting zeovit are you...?

And another side note, this thread bring out the bad-gramar in people. lol (me too...) :)

ya.. i really dont care about grammar on the internet for 2 reasons.. when im on i am ussually just done with Homework or school.. and im just a lazy 13 yr old. lololololo... ya that was a big boost of posts... lololol

ya.. i really dont care about grammar on the internet for 2 reasons.. when im on i am ussually just done with Homework or school.. and im just a lazy 13 yr old. lololololo... ya that was a big boost of posts... lololol

who cares about internet grammer xD!

ok,

well today i did a water change.. i also put the heater in the HOB..and i rippped out alot of the Plant life.. broke some rocks.. and kinda sorta re-aquascaped ...... corals are in some diff. places... anyway Dory and Jaws are already out... im sorry but i kicked up alot of gunk..an my tank is in need of some nice corals.. so... it is not currently presentable.. lol... pics later.. i wanna give it time to settle and stuff.. now all i have to do is add a packground.. replace most of the sandbed.. and add more coral....

ok,

well today i did a water change.. i also put the heater in the HOB..and i rippped out alot of the Plant life.. broke some rocks.. and kinda sorta re-aquascaped ...... corals are in some diff. places... anyway Dory and Jaws are already out... im sorry but i kicked up alot of gunk..an my tank is in need of some nice corals.. so... it is not currently presentable.. lol... pics later.. i wanna give it time to settle and stuff.. now all i have to do is add a packground.. replace most of the sandbed.. and add more coral....

wait so dory and jaws are going to the30???

I like the tank fish freek. As far as the tang goes. At his current size it's about the same scale as an adult Tang in a 90 gallon tank.

thats the way to think!!! people are like thats too smalll...put him in a 90 with full grown fish...he will get lost and stressed...and probabally attacked

Archived