Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Travis' Pico

Travis

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, major mistake happend last night.

So I decided that I needed some more flow, and found a small powerhead that I have been haveing for over a year now. So I put it in the tank, perfect fit. I woke up the next morning, noticed that the snails knocked the Toadstoll off the rock, so I take the hood off and place my hands in the water. Well...um...IT'S HOT! It felt like water in a bathtub warm. Needless to say, I took the pump out.

So here's what was affected:

• Suncoral completely bleach / died
  • Acan, looking crapy
  • Blastomussa, looking crapy
  • Toadstool, all closed up, but that may be just because of being face down in the sand for a few hours.

The Zoas and Yuma Ric couldn't look better lol.

I also am going to need an Emerald crab because the hair algae is getting out of controll....I don't even have a big bioload...

I hope that Current USA "Fission" skimmer get's here soon. Hopefully it will help with all the algae blooms.

I hope everything is okay now Travis...

BTW, I sent the money for the dark blue rics, they should be here wednsday. They are going into Pili's tank until I have my pico set up.

I wasn't expecting to wait this long for the skimmer...:(

Ice - I'm not shure how hot it got, I don't have a thermomiter, I think I need to go pick one up.

Aaron - I think that everything else should be fine, thanks for your concern.

Sorry to hear about the Blastomussa, it was a beautiful coral. Hopefully you can find something else equally as nice to replace it with. At least everything else made it through the temp spike OK.

Best regards

Ann

Update 12-1-05

BIG MISTAKE

FTS

FTS-12-1-05.jpg

Corals that are still alive...sort of...

Sick-Acan.jpg

Mad-Zoas.jpg

Crappy-Yuma.jpg

These Eagle Eyes seem to be able to take a beatin'! They never close up, unless during a water change, and always look good.

Die-Hard-EEs.jpg

Can any one tell me what the white bony dots on the Acan mean?

Archived