Pod Your Reef

Travis' Pico

Travis

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blind Tree Frog

Nice sun.

It was a tempting thought today. I saw all 3 types of sun corals (orange, black and the larger one). I could of redone my tank to be all sun corals. Would of been interesting, but i wasn't up for the feeding requirements.

Now Travis, I have to ask, why did you go sun over dendro? Availability and price? My boss @ work keeps giving me a hard time about how my dendro are less colorful than his suns in our display. ;) Hopefully your rainbow acan frag will turn out nicely. I LOVE mine now that it's started to get all of its colors back. It's actually grown a couple polyps since I brought it home. LPS like that really are fun to watch when they grow. :)

Tank (and the corals, too) look great! :)

Snoop - I have thought about a baby Crocea. When it gets too big, I'd put it in the up coming SPS tank. It's a thought :)

BTF - Thanks! I'm glad that the one I have is small fr now, I could imagen trying to fed a 20-30 PLUS polyp Sun Coral :lol:

Kogut - LONG TIME NO SEE MAN!!! Talk to Tigah why/how I got the Sun Coral ;) Yeah, about that Acan....I LOVE IT! I have it in the sand as of now along with the Blastomussa Welsi because the Cerith Snails keep on knocking off of the rock lol.

Tank lights turn on at 10:00 AM CST, so I sould have a FTS some time around Noon or 1 o' clock.

Blind Tree Frog
BTF - Thanks! I'm glad that the one I have is small fr now, I could imagen trying to fed a 20-30 PLUS polyp Sun Coral

Only way I could think of to do it would be to saturate the tank for 30 min with food and then do a water change (even if the change is just against my other tank)

Only way I could think of to do it would be to saturate the tank for 30 min with food and then do a water change (even if the change is just against my other tank)
that's a good idea imo. that way you're feeding the other tank, just in succession. save $$$.
Blind Tree Frog

Yeah I thought so. Maybe if I start a new pico one day. But I'm sticking with the mush theme in mine right now. Don't watn to swap them all out. Plus, such a set up would require more turbulent current I think then I really have.

Ok, I think I may have alittle bit of Chemical Warfare going on in my tank. The Leathers don't look too happy. They are in close proxcimity to one another... I may have to bring one back. If I do it's gonna be the Toad.

Ok, I think I may have alittle bit of Chemical Warfare going on in my tank. The Leathers don't look too happy. They are in close proxcimity to one another... I may have to bring one back. If I do it's gonna be the Toad.
carbonize it! i'm running carbon and poly-filters to keep alleo issues at bay.

altho once i took out the sinularia things have calmed down a bit (so it seems). mucusy toxic, yum.

I asked him to PM me his PP address. I think that is going to be the LAST coral I place in this tank, and just let everything grow in.

I got to save money for the upcomging SPS only tank :D

Thanks! The Blastomussa Welsi isn't looking so hot right now, or in the picture. It's all tight like. I guess it's because I reaquascaped about 3 or 4 times today.

Do Blastos REQUIRE feeding, or does it simply help them grow faster?

Trav, aquascaping looks better :D . Maybe the further back shot puts things into perspective.

Blastos are ferocious when you feed them. The polyps fight with each other for food, and they get nice and plump after. It actually fun to watch and i get a kick out of it every time.

Archived