Innovative Marine Aquariums

Travis' Pico

Travis

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry to hear what happened, the tank looked/s incredible. Best of luck w/ everything. What bulbs did you get, and i may have missed it, but also thatrock is killer pick it up locally or on the web? Definitely something to aspire to...

Thanx!!!

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo me to probally

Travis , i hope you are not setting an example for anyone . I guess when you look in the mirror you dont want to see someone who gave 150% to get to the next level , or to close the deal . good luck on your future projects . ???? or did you quit on those too ?? again to bad i really looked forward to seeing the awsome pico you once thought could be reality... oh well

I'm officialy withdrawing from the Pico Contest.

-Travis

That's a bummer Trav... I know you have had some setbacks but what's caused you to pack it in?

Haha, I'm not taking the tank down, I'm just dropping out of the contest. The tank is still running, and is making improvements everyday.

so then why drop out???? theres no need to drop out and quit...... you may not win, but the more entries the merrier, right??!?!?! Keep up the good work man, dont let a little bump in the road ruin the whole trip!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...So for those of you who are still wondering, the Pico is still up! I'm out of the contest, but I still have the trank running.

Today I had to do a freshwater dip on 50% of my LR because of all the damn hydroid jelly fish. I accidentaly touch a small patch of them, and I litteraly got stung.

After about 10 minutes of soaking in the FW, I scrubed them with a toothbrush and patted them dry, then placed them back in the tank. It's too soon to see if the jellies where killed, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I also have bought a fish, a Green Clown Goby. He is very much a scardy cat, and never comes out. Some times in the morning before the lights turn on, I will see him, but when the lights are on, he's hiding in the rocks.

I added some base rock, and I think it looks realy good with the new aquascape. I will get some pics later today or tomorrow.

I actually only have the two Zoanthid Frags, and they havn't seemed to have done much. The pink speckled ones have attached the the rock they where one, but other thank that, no growth.

I will probly be making an order with http://www.liveaquaria.com/ and be getting a small "nano" package. Then I will just sit back and let them grow lol.

Update 1-16-06

First, I would like to show you the jellies...

Here are the presumed dead ones.

Hydroid-Dead.jpg

Here is the single servivor, I think a pair of tweezers will fix that :naughtydance:

Hydroid-Alive.jpg

The Pink Speckled Zoos haven't open up since..um...I realy don't remember lol. Sometimes they will open up half way and I can see the speckles, but since I did a reaquascape water change and FW did on 50% of the LR, they are definantly not opend up today lol. However, they have attached themselves to the adjoining piec of LR.

Never-Opens.jpg

Right Side of the Tank...

Right-Side.jpg

Left Side of the Tank...

Left-Side.jpg

And after a realy long time of no updating...The FTS!

PP-FTS-1-16-06.jpg

I just started running the carbon after the water change, 50% LR FW Dip, and the reaquascape, and now, 6 hours later, the water is crystal clear. It has never been this clear lol. I am going to be running carbon all the time from now on. I run carbon 24/7 on my 20H, and the water is realy clear, I always figured it was because I have a skimmer, but I realy think it's the carbon that is making the water so crystal clear.

Comments? Questions? Suggestions?

Yeah...so...um...no reaplies from my last update... <_<

Anyways, here some new additions and new FTS.

Zoo

Zoo

These Neon Blue Frilly Mushrroms are looking crapy right now, but they are SWEET when they are happy. Blue base (skin) and Neon Blue Fillies.

Neon-Blue-Frilly%20Shrooms.jpg

FTS.jpg

try a pouch of purigen. the stuff works great! it's practically a chemical protein skimmer, removing nitrates, nitrites, organics, and a bunch of other stuff. paired with carbon, your water will be perfect.

Um...My water is perfect... trates, trites, and ammonia are all at 0. I am running a bag of carbon which I change out every two weeks :)

Just thought I would let everyone know that in a few weeks I will be placing a Nano Mushroom Pack from LiveAquaria.com. I also want to put some Xenia on the back wall.

Archived