Top Shelf Aquatics

Travis' Pico

Travis

Yeah, I just googled it and that's what it looks like.

Which is better?

Welsi is more sought after but niether is better than the other.

I like the aquascape. I say keep it the way it is. I really doubt the blasto is a merletti. Tigah doesn't stock them (slap me if I'm wrong).

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys, but like I said before about the Blastomussa, it dosn't matter what kind it is, I love'em :lol:

About the Aquascapeing...I'm going to keep it how it is because it was realy hard to make it look like that lol. It's just so hard to make caves in a tank this narrow from front-to-back, it just looks taky.

I am going to try and stop by the LFS tomorrow and pick up 3 Cerithra Snails, a bottle of DT's Phyoplankton, and a pack of Mysis.

Again, thanks for the complements guys :D

Just to dose the tank with, I hear Zoanthids love the stuff.

They'll thrive just fine w/out DT's. If you ask me, DT's Phytoplankton is useful for feeding clams, and that's IT. Otherwise, it's an algae bloom in a bottle. Many others are of the same persuasion. There are quite a few good threads about the product at www.reefcentral.com. You should look into 'em.

I think the above quote is false. Bob also uses it with no algae affects.

Well by all means, dose away. I just like to err on the side of caution. If the zoos thrive w/out it, I don't see the need to dose it. In other words, if it isn't broken don't fix it.

Edit: I don't mean to criticize your setup if that's how I'm coming off. I actually think you've got the nicest looking tank in the custom category thus far.

Well by all means, dose away. I just like to err on the side of caution. If the zoos thrive w/out it, I don't see the need to dose it. In other words, if it isn't broken don't fix it.

Edit: I don't mean to criticize your setup if that's how I'm coming off. I actually think you've got the nicest looking tank in the custom category thus far.

No, I don't see it as criticizm, you are simply voicing your opinion.

Ann - Thanks! I love the sand too :)

Stoped by the LFS today to pick up some Mysis and Cireth Snails and in the coral section I saw a Electric Green Sinularia that I have been wanting for the tank from the beginning, and even better it was a small piece, perfect for the Pico :D I also bought a $5 Toadstool, it's about the size of a quarter.

I'll post some pics when they perc up :)

Oh yeah, I redid the aquascape abitto fit in the Sinularia.

shivametimbas
Stoped by the LFS today to pick up some Mysis and Cireth Snails and in the coral section I saw a Electric Green Sinularia that I have been wanting for the tank from the beginning, and even better it was a small piece, perfect for the Pico :D I also bought a $5 Toadstool, it's about the size of a quarter.

I'll post some pics when they perc up :)

Oh yeah, I redid the aquascape abitto fit in the Sinularia.

which lfs?wish i'd see a 5$ toadstool. tank is lookin good travis. cant wait to see the new stuff.

I bought the Toadstool not knowing what color the polyps where because it had just came in the LFS not to long ago, and had not opend up yet.

Well, a few of them came out tonight and YES! Green!! :lol:

Tomorrow, if it opens all the way up that is :D

I just fed the Acan, no problem, piggy like little buggers, but the Suncoral dosn't want to take the Mysis? Does any one think that doseing DT's would be benificial for the Suncoral?

How quickly will a toadstool outgrow that tank?

Not sure, but when / if it get's too big, I'll just take it out and bring it to the LFS for store credit. It's alittle less than the size of a Quarter.

Cesar - Thanks man! Of cource this is going to be a sweet tank, I'm an '04 reefer like you said :lol:

Ok...so far I have just about every color of the rainbow except blue in the tank. I have Teal Eagle Eye Zoas, but that dosn't count for blue... I'm thinking either blue Shrooms or blue Rics (Florida).

What do you guys think? Maybe a blue Sponge?

Archived