inTank Media Baskets

Travis' Pico

Travis

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I figure it's about time for an update so...

Well, I got the Hood and Base in and WOW, very nice job by Tom, AKA Hogswinslow.

I still don't have water in the tank because Russ at Buckeyfieldsupply.com forgot to send the 75GPD Filmtec RO Cartrage, it should be here by Friday at latest.

Pictures...

PP-1.jpg

PP-2.jpg

PP-3.jpg

PP-4.jpg

Well, While adding onto my reflector, tin foil, I broke one of my Reeflux 18w 50/50 blubs so I had to order a replacement, but the Reeflux was out of stock so I ordered the JBJ, maybe it will give me a better color?

PP-5-L.jpg

That's all for now folks, I am thinking the rock will be in by the weekend or by next week. I still need to get a bag of IO.

Comments? Suggestions?

beautiful woodwork! yay!

cheeeep reflector! boo!

c'mon, hit hellolights for a cheapie bent alum reflector, puleeze! :P

your corals will love you for it. :lol:

Hey Tiny, I think if I went with a real reflector, I'd bleach the coral :lol:. I mean, it's no more than an inch and a half above the water and soon as I get my other bulb in I will have 36w over the tank. :P

Thanks Ann! :)

thats a sweet looking pico tank u hv there :P

i hv thought of using egg crates too but the fact is, it traps alot of detritus which decomposes to excess nutrients in the long run.so i figure out that i drop the idea n go for fine sandbed instead.

thats a sweet looking pico tank u hv there :P

i hv thought of using egg crates too but the fact is, it traps alot of detritus which decomposes to excess nutrients in the long run.so i figure out that i drop the idea n go for fine sandbed instead.

I was just going to ask that?what are you going to do about detritus getting trapped in the eggcrate?Why not get starboard? it looks more natural IMO and i got a small chunk for 10$ cheap.

and that is one sweet hood/stand combo...damn

Hey Travis, I really like the tank, if you dont mind me asking how much did the hood and base cost? I am in the process of finishing mine and I had someone asking for one so I wanted to gauge how much to charge them. thanks

-greg

Travis i got mine from this plasics place down the street from my house www.plasticworks.ca they cut strips from a bigger peice too so you dont have to pay much and its in canadian dollars so it would be cheap? i dunno

post-1735-1130800174_thumb.jpg

I like how the wood matches your kitchen cupboards.

It's not an exact match, but it's very close :D

Everything-PP.jpg

Here's another picture of the tank rocks.

Looking-Down-PP.jpg

I "cooked" my rocks for about 4 weeks or so, so there shouldn't be TOO much die off. The rock looks VERY clean, no loose stuff :)

Blind Tree Frog

he just likes your wood.

I'm still thinking about stealing your egg crate idea if that makes thinks any better (using it to keep my sand out of my UGF for the most part.

he just likes your wood.

Some how that dosn't sound right? :huh:

Anyways...

I tried placing the rocks with out the crate, but they kept sliding around, so I used the crate. Holds well now...

Yesterday, the water seemed cloudy, so I tossed in a bag (KneeHI Nylon Sock) of carbon in the AC. This morning the water is CRYSTAL clear :D

Archived