inTank Media Baskets

Travis' Pico

Travis

Acan didn't make it through.

All I have left is non opening zoas, and half opend zoas. The ric disaperied last night.

I'm about to throw in the towel with this project, I don't have ennough money to restock it because I am working on the SPS tank, which is my true passion :D

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other tank WILL BE SPS only, so they wouldn't do very well in the Pico. Maybe some Monties, but I doubt it.

BTW, for any "New" Hobbiest reading this, Picos are WAY harder to keep up than "larger" Nano-Reefs.

Well, next WC (This Weekend) I think I am going to move the tank into my bedroom and out of the kitchen so that it dosn't get 85 degrees when ever we cook with the oven, which is just about every other night...

Ohhh...do you think that's where your problems lie Travis? I don't want you to give up yet. Your rock is so beautiful even without corals! Maybe if there isn't any temp fluxuations everything will fare better.

FTS.jpg

I took 2 of the larger pieces of LR out to put in the 20H, I think it looks better this way :)

I guess I will stay in the competition, but this will be a Zoa and Shroom tank.

wa wa wa wa .... what a great attitude.. just quit.. Travis when i first started to get in to saltwater tanks i looked forward to your posts, you seem to know alot about what it takes to build and mantain a nice reef tank . you seemed so sure of yourself , and of how great your tank was going to make out . now look at yourself all down and out . what you need to do is get back up , shake off your bad luck and win this contest . and always remember ABC .... always be closing . good luck travis !

thats good....shrooms and zoos come in hundreds of diff. color morphs. im shure you can make it a nice tank!!! HAHAHA(about bedroom temp. thing).....lol...good luck

-josh

Haha, thanks for the encouragment Ray. I'll be kicking the Pico into high gear because I will be waiting about 2 months to start the stocking on the 20H.

You guys should see some new additions in the next two weeks.

Here's some pics of the tank after the move to my bedroom.

FTS-1.jpg

FTS.jpg

These Zoanthids still have yet to open, but they arn't transparent, so I know they arn't dead/dieing.

Still-Not-Open.jpg

no problem Travis, you just needed a little encouragement . as for the tank it looks much happier now that it no longer lives in the kitchen. the corals were probaly watching you cook shrimp and stuff and thought they were next .. good luck !

Ray

Archived