Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's 15S [LPS-only]

Tigahboy

Hey Tigah,

I don't see any filtration? How's that working for ya? I think a skimmer and carbon would help when you eventually get that nitrate spike.

Looking good so far, but watch out for those nutrients in the future! :)

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by hceiv

Hey Tigah,

I don't see any filtration?  How's that working for ya?  I think a skimmer and carbon would help when you eventually get that nitrate spike.  

Looking good so far, but watch out for those nutrients in the future! :)

I got filtration. 1. small refuge area w/ chaeto (biological and the macro will remove excess nutrients), 2. I do use activated carbon and Poly Filter (chemical filtration), they are both located directly below the drain lines. Only type I don't have really is the mechanical filtration, but that's okay.

I might add an Urchin, but I have to double check to see if there is space. But like Travis said, LPS don't mind a little dirty water; in fact they can thrive off of a little excess nutrients. =)

Set up my lunar lights today.

It has a strip of blue led's...and alternating reds. Also programmable so you can have them on in different sequences...even a strobe light mode! Feels like a rave party in my bedroom now. haha.

15g62.jpg

15g63.jpg

15g64.jpg

OH WOW! That's so freakin' cool!! I love it! Where did you find those lights?

Man, I can hear the trance beat right now...where's the sexy shrimp? They'd really be shakin' it!! Party in Tigah's tank...woo hoo!!!

i wanna see these lights in action too! isn't the glare from the light itself a bit too much when you sleep?

Originally posted by Seldon

tight video, love the editing. Good thing there arn't any fish in there or they would go into seizures.

It's a wonder Tigah didn't have a seizure! :x

The video's great! I love those lights. I'll have to check out aquatraders and get some for my 120g.

I put my laptop up to my tank and ran your video....My clowfish had a siezure!

I put a fan over the new lights and it definitely cooled the air temp quite a bit...If that doesn't keep the temp. down I am going to buy a chiller and knock a hole through the back wall where I can use venting material to re-direct the hot air into the attic..HAHA

ImAnanoReefer

YAY, a video!!! I luv Tigahs vids!! So, a light that big wouldn't affect the dayling/night lack of light for the coral would it? Other than that I feaking luv it! The music def. adds a touch! hahaha, congrats Tigah!!

Couple more random shots:

Added a coco worm that i literally found at the back of my 67g tank (it fell behind the rockwork)

15g68.jpg

15g69.jpg

Wow, those lights sure are... interesting!

I hope they came with a warning to epileptics Tigah!

Beautiful tank! I'm thinking of going LPS only on my new tank though now I hear it's becomming a bit passe ;)

What's next Tigah (other than the 2.5)?

Archived