Tigahboy

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updated Blasto Cove shot

15g99.jpg

and "Chalice Peak" aka Mt. Chalice

15g94.jpg

Got this micromussa as 6 polyp frag earlier this year. Has well over 20 heads now (hard to count all of them).

15g93.jpg

New Kid on the Block - tiny acan lord frag

15g97.jpg

Tigahboy I have a question about your sump that your running. Did you just place your live rock in a plastic container with holes in the side so water could pass through the live rock? You don't have any acrylic seperating the fuge from the return pump? So your not using live sand? I would also love to see a full shot of your sump if you don't mind. I'm sorry for so many questions, but I've never seen a sump like yours and I am interested about the design. :D

U mean the yellow center w/ red rim ones? those are one of my fav morphs. Hard to get a good pic of it tho cuz it's positioned at a funny angle. but I'll try to get one up.

But if you're talkin bout another one, point me in the rite direction.

yea those are a really nice morph. let me know when u have them in stock :D

Tigahboy I have a question about your sump that your running. Did you just place your live rock in a plastic container with holes in the side so water could pass through the live rock? You don't have any acrylic seperating the fuge from the return pump? So your not using live sand? I would also love to see a full shot of your sump if you don't mind. I'm sorry for so many questions, but I've never seen a sump like yours and I am interested about the design. :D

Yes. Yes, no acrylic baffles. Yup, no sand. Will try to get picks later.

Neon Green Sarco/Toadstool...yes, not an LPS; but it will have a specific function in my tank.

15g103.jpg

15g102.jpg

Sorry if this is off topic Tigahboy but do you dose your 15? I was researching dosing (calcium) and found one of your responses in '04 (quote:...I add 3 things in succession (leave about 15 minutes between each) twice a week (Sundays and Wednesdays)...1) Seachem Reef Plus, 2) Seachem Reef Calcium, and 3) Seachem Reef Complete...)

Are you still using Seachem products? Do you have a new routine?

My package from KAILUA KONA, HAWAII's Oceanrider (aka seahorse farm) arrived a day earlier than expected.

Pics taken a couple hours after acclimation...a mated pair of captive raised/bred H. Kuda seahorses!!!

15g104.jpg

15g105.jpg

How about some never before seen variations for the cove?

DSCN8979.JPG

i hate flash BTW

I had those before. didn't last too long tho before dying off. =/ the outside rim turns brownish under less lighting, so watch its color and adjust its position accordingly.

Sorry if this is off topic Tigahboy but do you dose your 15? I was researching dosing (calcium) and found one of your responses in '04 (quote:...I add 3 things in succession (leave about 15 minutes between each) twice a week (Sundays and Wednesdays)...1) Seachem Reef Plus, 2) Seachem Reef Calcium, and 3) Seachem Reef Complete...)

Are you still using Seachem products? Do you have a new routine?

I don't dose anymore whatsoever. After switching to Tropic Marin Pro, I haven't had the need to. Just regular water changes.

Fish: stripeless percs, speaking of that, does anyone know where to find some?

Shrimp: Pederson's anemone shrimp

or a pistol shrimp/goby pair

Thanks, diggitydj. Glad I kept it too. ;)

Here's another pic of the kudas...Already hanging out next to the feeding station...

15g106.jpg

Pic of the 50 live red volcanic hawaiian shrimp oceanrider sent me as well.

15g107.jpg

I've been doing a lot of research on captive bred vs the standard LFS/wild caught seahorses and these captive raised ones from oceanrider.com seem to be a lot more hardy and adapted for normal reef life. I've read of some folks keeping them in reefs w/ flows up to 35x gph.

I of course removed my frogspawn, and I adjusted the flow a little to accomodate them, but so far so good. They definitely can handle much more flow than the usual seahorses.

These guys are also guaranteed to take frozen mysis shrimp (supposedly the Hikari and the P.E. brand mysis are the best). I tossed in some live volcanic hawaiian shrimp just for fun, and to my surprise, they already started to hunt them down (moving relatively fast) and scarfed them down.

Gonna try mixing the hikari mysis w/ the oceanrider enriching powder (Vibrance II) tomorrow by placing it on the feeding station (neon green sarco) w/ lowered flow. Supposedly these guys will learn to go to the feeding station if they are fed everyday at the same time of day. This captive raised seahorse stuff is still fairly new to me as well, so I'm learning as I go w/ caution. wish me luck. ;)

I tossed in some live volcanic hawaiian shrimp just for fun, and to my surprise, they already started to hunt them down (moving relatively fast) and scarfed them down.

Well I sure hope you got that on video for us! :P

I do wish you luck. I know you'll do great though! :)

Archived