inTank Media Baskets

Tigahboy's 15S [LPS-only]

Tigahboy

omg thank you dennis for that solution! i'm ripping it open tonight. i can't stand the noise! it'll go beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep till it's done. it's great system though :D

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Cesar

Damn Tigahboy that is one sharp looking ATO man. What size of tank is that you have for the ATO? Looks awesome. I need a ATO dude.

5g roughly. and yes, u do need an ATO. -)

Originally posted by Babycakes

omg thank you dennis for that solution! i'm ripping it open tonight. i can't stand the noise! it'll go beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep till it's done. it's great system though :D

ur welcome. just follow the irritating noise to figure out what the "speaker" is.

can't believe u've been dealing w/ that horrible sound all this time! haha.

ccjung loaned me an ICA to "play around w/".

15g47.jpg

Interesting stuff. The water block definitely gets freakin cold. Just gotta figure out a way to retain the chill and apply it to the 15g.

15g46.jpg

So I guess this will be the next "phase" of the 15g. Time to get to work. =)

15g49.jpg

hahah.

15g50.jpg

Just used the rubber tubing that came w/ the kit and the PVC is just for structural integrity (front 2 "arms" simply hold it in place at top of tank).

15g51.jpg

It will be plumbed to the Return line, but it will feed back into sump rather than going directly up to the main display (since the diameter of the tubing is too small to handle the pump).

Still gotta connect it tho. Will post more pics after it's all done.

Originally posted by shao-lin nano

are you going to run the ica 24/7 or hook it up to some kind of controller?

I think it would be far more energy effecient to have a controller so my heater wouldn't have to fight it 24-7. But I haven't fully looked into the controllers yet (I just know they are dang pricy).

ya they are pricy. i just ordered a reefkeeper, figure that with a RK i can ditch all those bulky rotary style timers that are always unreliable and the time changes with the slightest bump along with its ability to controll a chiller/fan.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Tigah,

The ICA unit is an awesome addition to keeping temps at bay in small volumes of water; I know I mastered two of them in both my 12 gallon cubes.

The key to their success is making sure they stay intact and do not deteriorate with salt water creep. One of mine did fall off it's block so I used a more industrial strength clue and it fixed it.

I also slowed down the current so it had more contact time through the peltzier; was easy since I kinked the tube.

Chris did talk about if you really wanted to keep the temps down, place two on your cube.

I ran only one on each it did the job but on really hot days it couldn't and will not hold at say 78 degrees steady, it simply is not designed for that.

However, in keeping the temps from becomming soup it did and that's what I really loved about them.

I can hardly wait to see Robotigah in action, also it matters how much light you blast it with, remember my cube was enclosed with the lid shut tight and lights on full blast.

Good luck...

Mike

Originally posted by Cesar

BTW, looking at all those tools is scary bro.

Speaking of tools...just wanted to show the pvc cutters I'm using.

This one is the basic one (my first). It was a pain to use for larger diameter pvc.

15g54.jpg

But luckily I found this big mother of all ratchet cutters. Slices thru any size (but you gotta put ur back into it).

15g55.jpg

But this one is my favorite by far. Just found it recently. It cuts thru pvc like butter. And has a quick release/open button at the back.

15g56.jpg

Looks at this beast chompin away at pvc...

15g57.jpg

Mike, thanks for the info. Since it's not summertime and I do have an open top system (like u mentioned), I actually don't have any heat issues currently. Just testing it out on the 15g to see if I want to use it for something smaller in the near future. =)

Here's a pic of return pump. It's a gen-x. Most of flow will be going to main display, but some of it will go to the RoboTigah (flow regulated by gate valve).

15g59.jpg

Archived