Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's 15S [LPS-only]

Tigahboy

Tigahboy has officially taken all his tanks down. I spoke to him a couple of days ago and he's busy with work.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha. Maybe he learned that the reefing hobby is not for him, and finally quit. Now that is one smart law school student.

0r.....

He got a power outage, and everything crashed....then he decided to throw in the towel.

Or....

His distributer decided that he was an ass, and stoped sending him corals, and all his tanks had disasterous leaks which cause him to tear everything down, and quit.

Or...

His business partners robbed him.

It's only a matter of time before you quit reefing and tear down all your tanks.

for those who are old members, we all know Dennis got bored easily no matter how many tanks he started... i'm not surprised.

Yeah, I always thought it was wired that he broke down his AWSOME 30g and then switched it to a sweet 67g custom, then after only a few months (if that?) he downgraded to the 15g.

Any one else remember the "My Fish Got A New Home!!!" thread? Best thread ever lol.

It's only a matter of time before you quit reefing and tear down all your tanks.

That's true, but no one ever stays gone for good, they always come back for more. :lol:

my take on this is that he overdid it and his tanks became more of a chore. That's what happens when you mistaken a hobby for an obsession. It's a pretty common trend in this hobby

Any one else remember the "My Fish Got A New Home!!!" thread? Best thread ever lol.

Yep... that is one of my all time favorite threads. When I first stumbled onto this forum that thread was pure inspiration. The evolution was stunning.

From this:

oldtank.jpg

to this:

tbr1.jpg

Oh well. Best of luck to the guy. But yes, total immersion often equals total burn out. ...I'm just sorry I never got to snag any of that choice LPS from him.

tbr1.jpg

:(:tears: Oh yesssss. The good ol days. Tigahboy was the main reason I became such a reef nazi. His tanks were always an inspiration. That was the best 30g tank ever.

• 10 months later...
Scissorhand

Revive revive revive.

sorry I haven't been back to Nano-reef for a long time...

all the familiar reefers are gone.

That's true, but no one ever stays gone for good, they always come back for more. :lol:

Oh yeah. Aquariums are a disease that can go into remission for long periods, but it is never fully cured (he says, diving back in after 4 years w/ no tank).

Tell me about it, I got rid of my 20g reef around a year ago(pretty close to when you posted this comment haha), and now im trying to set up another tank, something around 115g.:D

Archived