Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Acanthastrea thread!

Tigahboy

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 babies!

actually i don't know if they were there before but isn't it exciting?

sorry for the crappy pic, was too lazy to take a good one :x

yeah daniel. i'm sorta kinda getting freaked that they might change under MHs..so i might keep my crappy lighting for a while. someone told me that 20k would be okay for them since it's not too much par but then i dunno..

Your box is full :(

Thanks, yea I saw them and was eyeing one of the UFO micros that has about 5 polyps for $130.

I have 3 tanks, 2 with PC and 1 with MH so I can switch back and forth to my liking :)

Acan are fine under MH's. I keep all my acan under MH lighting. Just don't over-blast them w/ the lighting (i.e. keeping them up at the top, directly under the MH bulb would be a little too intense for them).

But 20K's would help maintain their color the best. Don't get over 150w tho.

ricordiafever

Check out the new growth on this piece. Over 8 polyps in 5 months. Incredible grower, the new polyps on coming in kind of orange to.

My only lord frag as of now (I have a couple more coming next week) I got this frag and all the heads were only partial. At night I can see feeders for 5 heads ranging from this one pictured to just a tiny spot that is all feeder. I was gone for 2 weeks so it did not get feed it, I'm sure the growth would have been better with some food.

12160acangrowth.jpg

Thanks Tigahboy, It definitely has colored up there is a lot more red and green and gray have gotten darker. I think in a month or so I should have 3 full adult heads maybe 4. On the back side there are 2 polyps that are healed up to be whole but they are not as big as the one pictured and one half polyp on the right. There is a tiny head forming on the piece of skeleton on the right.

I got 2 new lord frags from RandyO over on reefcentral today. He is a super guy to deal with and his frags are top notch.

This red one has 6 or so adult heads and a bunch of babies. It puffed up almost instantly when I put it in the tank.

redlord.jpg

This one he called blueberry. It did not like the trip as much as the red and has not fully opened up. I'll try to get a better picture later.

blueberrylord.jpg

Ricordeafever, that's a cool one. My Indo lord has been sprouting new polyps with LOTS of red, much more than the rest of it. But the orange gradient is really unique. Very cool twist on a now-common (seemingly) coral.

Tigah, you're big into Acans... How often do you feed?

Originally posted by Caesar777

Tigah, you're big into Acans... How often do you feed?

I feed at least 3x a week.

Archived