Cultivated Reef

Acanthastrea thread!

Tigahboy

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a 4-head frag just like that last Acan (cept even brighter) and it's fallen somewhere in the rocks... Can't find it anywhere. :(

Hehe. I've been looking at that for awhile now. I'm pretty sure it's not an acan echinata/subechinata...but not positive on the actual ID. Definitely an interesting piece tho.

You've gotta frag that sometime, R&A... (Though it'd kill me to frag such a perfectly-shaped coral! :P )

Dennis, do you think it's acanthastrea somethineisis, or or are you thinking not acan at all?

I don't know about that, Flo! At least not yet...though there are some good dremel lines to follow.;)

Rob

lol danny. yeah i don't know how i got so much..i actually got that blue colony for free!!! wooooooooooooooooo X)

my favorite is still dennis' frag. it has really huge heads and probably because i target feed it more than the others.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering everyone's opinion. I am looking to get either a small Lord colony or a rainbow colony. Which one would you guys recommend or prefer?

Jordan

Originally posted by jbrown11352

does anyone know who has some lord frags for a decent price?

Depends. what's ur def of "decent"? Prices are going down fast all over tho.

lol. i still think that 20-40 per polyp of 'regular' acan is a good price. is that sad? :) needless to say, the harder to come by color morphs are going to be much more expensive.

sometimes you can luck out at a lfs...i picked up a HUGE 100 or so polyp colony of A. lordhowensis for 45 or so. talk about a deal.

Cool beans! Hehe. What color is it?--standard bluish and reddish?

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, posted this at my tank thread but might as well point out the awesome growth on this sucker:

It started as 2 heads in beginning of August.

this is it at August 31st:

acan2.JPG

this is it now! 11 medium sized babies all around:

janiesacan.JPG

i feed it a lot...a lot. so maybe that's how it's growing so much?

Archived