ReefCleaners.org

Acanthastrea thread!

Tigahboy

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm noticing more purple undertones on this one acan i got..

it's colored up a lot since being in my tank and when the tank goes under actinics the purple stands out more. anyhoo.

here's an old pic of it when it first came in my tank:

http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/data/501/..._weird_acan.JPG

i actually don't know if the purple is temporary but i'm just gonna enjoy it while i can.

i'll try to post a recent day pic of it since it has colored up but here's one recent pic of it when actinics are on and i did a white balance with the camera to take away a lot of the blue that most cameras take accidentally but this pic is very close to what it looks like under actinics or when the 'yellow' lighting from the tank is taken out.

was that from Roe's? i swear i saw one similar to that, and i had my eye on it too :P

hey! did you get those from tyrone? he's got some great deals. the purple will show up more under PC lighting :D

anyone have any pics echinatas?? i wanna see more color morphs since i'm thinking of starting a small collection of echinatas since i have tigahboy's rainbow and i don't want it to be too lonely.

babycakes,

No, I didn't get them from reeferaddict. I have to check his out though. I have not see this coloration before. I'm am loving it more everyday.

Babycakes, that picture did come out a bit blue. But in person it's not. I have a FTS on my thread and it doesnt look as blue. But i do need to mess around with my camera, im not to familiar with it. Haha

oldie acan updates. took these pics with my boyfriend's fancy camera since i forgot mine at Houston. i can't quite figure out how to take the blue yet...but here they are:

acan%20update.JPG

update%20acan1.JPG

i'm getting more this week and next. they really colored up under metal halides...but i moved them to my new shallow display tank which has 2x65pc and they lost some of their coloring but hopefully they'll brighten up again. i'm probably going to end up adding 2x55w or just 55w to help it along.

i'm so confused by that answer ???....reefer, you're not allowed to talk anymore! go sit in a corner and think about what you just said. wish you had acans my a$$! :P

Archived