inTank Media Baskets

Acanthastrea thread!

Tigahboy

Originally posted by Babycakes

tigahboy, could i use epoxy to mold it into a ball and put the frag on that? i'm a noob acan ownder :D

Sure. so I guess u don't want me to mount it. haha.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mount it for me! i think that'll be the best way because i know if i try to mount it it'll be ####ed at me because my clumsy fingers will be mandhandling it..anyhoo this way it can recuperate in your tank before you send. mail me a pic after you mount it :D lol i just want to see it more. is it not from the same colony as your "big brother" rainbow acan..or i think that's what you called it.

also, got any lords you wanna frag for me? :flower: i want the BH20 lord! i wonder if BH20 moved already because i think he lived 20 mins away from me

everyone wants the BH20 lord! haha. I think mine is one of the last remaining to survive. so it's not gonna be for sale/trade for quite some time (it's relatively slow growing). But I do have other lords available, just email me for pics.

oh, and if I mount it for you, it won't be w/ epoxy and it wont be a ball. haha. is that okay?

I have in total 3 diff morphs of the rainbow. So you have the latest one, while rbaby has the 2nd one.

Here's pics of all three:

Rainbow part 1:

92210121a-med.jpg

Rainbow part 2:

9221rbacan4.jpg

Rainbow part 3:

922167g0528a.jpg

i like the first orange-ish one. yes, pls mount mine! :P

hmm...

your orange crush up for fragging?? :D

send me any interesting pics of any acans you have but no grey red stripes for me please. :D

i'm gonna go hunt down BH20 and get his acan!

_11w15.jpg

here's hoping this 15+head colony will look like this

P1070603_(Custom)1.jpg?uniq=npcleb

if not..anyone wanna teach me how to use a dremel?? X)

line me up for a frag of that piece...it looks like it might be able to color up to jendubs piece. who knows? it's pretty darn nice though. dremels are cake. just practice cutting up old liverock or something before you start in on your acans. make sure you wear eye protection and you keep your mouth shut. other than that, it's like drawing or something like that.

Even I want the BH20 lord!

Anyways, heres a cool growth pic of the acan I got a few months ago from TB.

acangrowthcompare.jpg

ooh. under pc lights it changed colors :P

anyone ever use Ecosystem Garlic Xtract? My lfs raves about the stuff and tells me i should get some but it's expensive and they don't carry it so i probably have to order online. one lfs guy exclaimed about polyps popping up everywhere when he used it.

I feed everything with it. Just 2 drops and let it soak for 5 min on the food. Fish, Corals, Whatever!!

http://www.petmeister.com/item2777.htm

Considerations for use: Kent Garlic Xtreme is an all natural food additive for all ornamental fishes. It is a natural attractant for fish and will help cause finicky eaters to take food. Garlic is safe for all species of marine and freshwater fishes and plants, live corals and other invertebrates. Because Garlic Xtreme is very strong and fish are extremely sensitive to chemical cues and scents in the water, it's not recommended that you exceed 2 drops per feeding or fish may become confused.

the LFS said to use ecosystem because they have kent's but found it to not make the corals as happy as the ecosytems..

the thing is..what does it do? ???

Weird. I would not see how the differ. It is only Garlic Xtract. Nothing more, unless the other has additives.

Well it helps with the fish with there slime coat and immune system. Corals, I have not put that much thought into it until you brought it up. I really use it for my tang, main reason I picked it up with to begin with.

Archived