Top Shelf Aquatics

Acanthastrea thread!

Tigahboy

so where does everyone usually find there acans? just from other reefers?

i saw some acantheastrea echinata on my coral list at work. Aren't those ones ugly though? or are there some cool ones of that species too?

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well most of those are acanthastrea subechinata (ppl just misidentify them). different than the echinatas. and yes, the subechinatas are usually fugly and brown.

Dennis....I'm willing to wait until you're comfortable with fragging it. I'm not "reef-trendy"..I actually just think it's a gorgeous coral..lol.

Just lemme know if and when you want to.

Cheers,

Fred

not gonna rival yours, dennis, but here's my hillae that has magically decided to get all rainbow on me. lol. baby blue, green, purple base and slight orange specks everywhere.

w/o flash

hillaeupdateofcolors.jpg

w/flash

hillaeupdateofcolorswithflash.jpg

lol. it might be something other than a hillae...but i'm still not 100% on the species. it's the same piece from page one of this thread(hillae) but now it has some ridiculous colors!

weird...it looks like there are frags of the rainbow acan waiting to be introduced to my tank. ;)

it's a japanese tank...so you figure around 40 or 50 per acan colony....i counted 18 different color morphs therefore i figure the acans alone cost around a grand. which isn't too bad considering the prices we pay out here for just a polyp of the freaking stuff. lol.

Archived