ReefCleaners.org

Acanthastrea thread!

Tigahboy

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awe man, can't you edit your posts here?

I'm sorry to be spamming you out, yea the nano will be all micros and lords. I'll post pics after the swap since we are picking up our PC's at the swap.

my acans are coming today my acans are coming today! the acans are coming!

a boat's a boat but the mystery box could be anything..it could even be a BOaT! or a box of acans!

anyone fragging their super fat green lords anytime soon?

all my acans look exactly like their pictures online...except one batch which did nOT come out as what i thought it would be:

on their site (notice the pink highlights?):

_11w15.jpg

first 10 minutes in tank (-2/3 exposure):

acan1%2010%20minutes.JPG?uniq=h2ilml

after 30 minutes (0 exposure):

acan1%20full.JPG?uniq=h2ilmh

get what happened? under a different exposure it looks a LOT different right? I'm also guessing that it's also due to the lighting. I looked into their site more and found this:

_12g6.jpg

so all in all..in conclusion...THis is NOT GOinG TO be piNK!

i still don't understand how that picture on their site is showing pink.

i'm even doubting that it's the same acan..but there are the bright green rings i saw when i ordered it on this acan...hmmm

the picture doesn't show all the polyps, there's more on the other side

yeah right! lol. :flower: the amount i paid for this was so steep but i thought it was a good deal for the amount of polyps and the color morph..but it's not even pink! i'm so desperate for a pink acan.

anyhoo, here's another batch:

their picture:

41_1_b.JPG

10 minutes in tank (-2/3 exposure):

acan2%2010.JPG

30 minutes in tank (0 exposure):

acan2%2030.JPG

Very Nice!

Various Acans:

64ggsz

FTS:

64ggva

Micro:

64ggzt

Lime Twist:

64gh12

Another shot of the red and green:

64gh2w

Rainbow Acan from tigahboy (very rare):

64gh78

64gh8y

Thanks for looking!

hey babycakes, that piece you have is looking good. Color shifts happen all the time in acans. I need to post some pics around here....where do I start...;)

omg it's Jendub! Acan Queen! i swoon over your acan color morphs, especially your magnificent "pinkie". Can't wait for you to post pics, you'll really knock everyone's socks off with your stock. :flower:

bugsy714, i saw those but the price was so high on "Jendub's Pinkie's Sister" it was making my hair hurt. but if it's one polyp and considering how desperate i am for anything pink I'll probably get it for any price. except..that one polyp was already sold...*doh*

Archived