inTank Media Baskets

Acanthastrea thread!

Tigahboy

Just thought I would share my first acan experience... Have always liked acans, just too darned expensive. Finally picked one up Friday from a lfs who didn't know what they had...about 35 heads on a large rock for $49. Heck the rock alone would have cost more than that, so I snatched it up. I believe it's an Enchinata, deep purple with green lines and orange mouth. Has colored up nicely in my 12g nano. Sorry no pic right now...camera at home. :)

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will try to get pics with my boyfriends camera tomorrow. (I wish I could leave work to get a camera, but if I left I don't think I would come back - boss might not like that.) hehe

mattgreene22
Originally posted by Tigahboy

indo posse

Regulatooooorrrsss!!! Mount up...

(how old is that song..but that's what came to mind):D

It was a clear black night, a clear white moon

Warren g was on the streets, trying to consume

Some skirts for the eve, so I can get some funk

Just rollin in my ride, chillin all alone

Originally posted by Stanley

It was a clear black night, a clear white moon

Warren g was on the streets, trying to consume

Some skirts for the eve, so I can get some funk

Just rollin in my ride, chillin all alone

:woot: :woot: :woot: Now that brings back some memories....damn I am old....now I am sad:(

cesar- they're called mesenterial threads. basically, they are the guns for most corals.

dennis- i can't believe that happened to you again! one of my lords just took a nosedive into the hillae colony and got demolished. lost around 7 polyps. freaking hillae is fierce.

Well I'll share my newest addition (and first acan) with you guys... Courtesy of Tigahboy and Platinum Reefs. :)

farfinal9gd.jpg

closefinal4cj.jpg

Yup... "Rainbow" Acanthastrea Echinata. :)

Reefer Addict
Originally posted by Tigahboy

Here's a pic of acan echinata attacking my blastos.  =/

67g0729a.jpg

67g0729b.jpg

Dude, I think that you secretly are an underground Fight Club promoter. UFA. "Ultimate Fighting Acans":D

i had a acan maxima fall on top of one of my blastos and it burnt 1/4 of the polyp. had like this great white fuzz spewing out from it.

so does everyone agree that acan echinatas benefit from HIGH LIGHTING to display better colors? my concern is keeping the green from turhning brown in my echinatas.

I always consider acans more low-light corals... : I keep mine off to the side, on the bottom of my tank (be it only a 20L, but it's got a 250watt MH)... : idk... I really thought of them as PC corals until I saw them all in Tigahboy's and Uchiha's tanks... :P

Hey guys I picked up this colony of an "unidentified brain coral". It was ID'd at RC as an echinata, but I wanted your opinion guys.

P7310003copy.jpg

P7310004copy.jpg

P7310005copy.jpg

Sweepers out

P7310056copy.jpg

P7310068copy.jpg

Archived