SaltCritters.com

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha...the joys of living in a credit-based society. we basically gain ownership of things now, hoping that one day we can pay for it later (w/ interest).

Originally posted by uchiha

now!

I can't believe you posted a comment RIGHT when the ball dropped. hahaha. that's hardcore.

::wisper:: notice how your thread got off topic again? ;) ::wisper:: Hahaha! You would love the show my RBTA is putting on, dude! He's now 2/3 of an anemone after meeting the 620gph powerhead last night. : I now understand why I can't get coral until he chills out. :( Can only imagine how insane it was for you, bro.

Originally posted by gregb

What was the name of that purple-pink coral in your 30 gal at the top right?

i believe that's a birdsnest coral (SPS)... normally found in "bright pink" ... fairly common, but always a beautiful coral to come across :)
Originally posted by Kogut

::wisper:: notice how your thread got off topic again? ;) ::wisper:: Hahaha! You would love the show my RBTA is putting on, dude! He's now 2/3 of an anemone after meeting the 620gph powerhead last night. : I now understand why I can't get coral until he chills out. :( Can only imagine how insane it was for you, bro.

word. good luck w/ the RBTA. break me off a piece later when I upgrade....haha. that sounded weird. but u know what i mean.

Originally posted by gregb

What was the name of that purple-pink coral in your 30 gal at the top right?

yup...bright pink bird's nest.

Smokin-Reefer

Tigah, Did you decide to go w/ the knop? If not, check out the MRC nano reactors...pretty sweet. Like I said before though, I want a GEO Reactor.

Yeah...I'm actually leaning towards MRC reactor (standard size) w/ package number 1 or 2 (I forget which exactly I wanted)...and I plan to buy my own CO2 tank from Jeff's.

I think it will be unanimous - that is one fine clam ! What clam species is it ?

Between this clam and some wild colored green BTA i saw around here last week (can't remember who's GBTA) - where do you all find this stuff. Very Nice !

thanks guys. i guess the clam is the big winner tonite. haha. i don't know exact species name. It's a Maxima clam tho...color pattern is referred to as "teardrop."

It's a nice size - around 3.25."

I got it the same way I got pretty much all of my recent purchases - hunting down and begging forum members (the other one that the larger tank guys go to) locally. And many many long drives throughout Southern California (it sucks being at the most westward end of SoCal - I think i've added at least 500 miles on my car for corals drives alone) hehe.

Archived