Coral Vue Hydros

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

Dude! You should've added fish after him! Mine now has to compete w/ the clowns for flakes so he comes to the surface to eat! As soon as I get next to the tank, he comes out and puffs his fins up and stays in plain view. He still has some weird attraction to my anemone though... : I think he forgets what type of fish he is... : Nice pics.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo. Tigah. Do you put all your new SPS in the sand to acclimate for a couple days, then glue them? I was thinking I might want to do this. They are coming from 400watts of XM MH and VHO actinic supp. in Maryland, but I've heard many people tossing them in the sand for a while. Most of these frags are unmounted, though... :| I know I'm going to have my work cut out for me when I glue all this ###### down to my rock... :|

i glue them w/ super gel (loctite brand) onto rock rubble pieces (it's really not that hard)...let them chill on the sandbed just overnight at most...then move them to desired location and epoxy the rock rubble to my rockwork if i have to.

Only rubble I got is in me fuge! :| I'll have to see what I can do, though... I do have a couple pieces I could break up... I got some nice gel glue from Dr. Mac. Was cheap and I didn't have to worry about it being good/safe. Where'd you buy your background and how'd you stick it on? Just tape, right? I'm thinking of trying one for my tank.

LMAO. Funny fish. Nice shot of the frogspawn, too. ;) (Have to keep mentioning how much I like it). The new avatar is also cool. Good choice and pic. I think I'm just breaking up a couple rocks to make mounts out of. :

Maybe a porcelain crab. They're cool. It normally would be, but I've been up doing random stuff online. Don't go back until Monday, so I'm exploiting my vacation! ;) You and I are the last ones left, I think. Or maybe we're the first ones... idk... : I am going to shut this thing off now and hit the sack. Have to get up sometime later this morning to write down the tracking number for my tank worth of coral. I'm sure I'll have a couple rics and SPS up for sale/trade next week with all the stuff I'm getting. I still won't have a cool hot pink yuma, though. :( If that is a porcelain crab and you don't want him, let me know. I'm thinking about taking a shot w/ one and hoping the clowns don't destroy it... :| 'Night.

If I am not mistaken, there is a certain type of crab that is reffered to as an Acropora Crab, they hang out in Acropora ;) I THINK they are reef safe, but I am not so sure...

HTH

Archived