ReefCleaners.org

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

That might be the first shot I've ever seen of that shrimp. That goby seems a bit ####ed that you're photographing his shrimp!!! :o hahaha. I'm willing to wait for a frag of yours. Have to contribute to the aquaculture scene. ;) Your pics really are amazing. I'm debating on throwing down $100 to get a ric garden of 10 different colors from Dr. Mac, but that would be it for my money... :( That yuma really is nice and I hope I end up as lucky as you have been w/ frags of SPS. ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hate when you update a bunch of pix, and then people don't really check the previous pages...

all ur hard work put in the back.

u already have 37 pages! stop posting and go do something else

You guys should change the setting (like i did) so it will display 2x the entries on 1 page. makes it easier to follow along. worth the longer load times. Only shows me 19 pages. ;) Don't listen to Uchiha. He's nuts. The rest of us wanna see!

lol, it looks like you're having a yardsale with your corals on your sandbed like that :P

I'm so jelous of all these awesome corals you've got, it must be nice living in Cali (except for the cost you have to pay to run your tank).

thanks, guys! I'm gonna attempt a MAD LFS run now. 6 on my list.

I want to come home w/ a 4-line or a 6-line wrasse. i'm not gonna get anymore corals unless I see something exceptional. bbl!

Originally posted by Kogut

You all know he will come back with some perfect coral that we'd all die for... He always does... So unfair! Good luck w/ the trip, though.

I wouldnt doubt if he came back with a few Corals.

Nice pics, Tigah. Your tank is my God.:) lol.

Oh, and, Tigah, im gonna get some pics together, soon,(just for you,lol) and post em up on a new thread.

Okay, just finished...5 LFS's instead of 6. sorry, guys. no new corals. haha. I was very tempted w/ a few, but I gotta save some of that dinero for my upgrade...is that how you spell "dinero"?

Anyways, here are some highlights.

Tong's in Fountain Valley:

-Super Neon Pink Yuma - $169 for a quarter sized polyp

-Baby blue Acan echinata - $198.99 for about 15 heads

-Super neon green Candy Canes - $39-59

Jeff's Exotic Fish:

-Barnacle Blennies - $15 only! Buy 3 and get 1 free

-Purple Firefish - $15.99

-Ricordea Florida - $25 per rock - multiple polyps per rock and they got blues, oranges, and greens...nice selection.

Aquatic Outlet:

-nothing special (as usual)

but they do got diamond gobies (small ones which are hard to find) for $19.99

The Aquarium:

-Cherub/Pygmy Angel

Apex Aquarium:

-nothing as usual

Okay, I just got 1 barnacle blenny and my efforts to find a small 4-line or 6-line were futile. I couldn't even find those blood fire red shrimp that I was looking for. I wanted a pair.

Also got a pink coco worm at Jeff's. Kinda pricy (but they usually are).

That's it for updates. if you want those ricordea florida, you better run and get em at Jeff's!

WHOA Tigah you proved us wrong, and made history with your tank--- you pulled off the unthinkable by not getting any corals, despite you went to 5 stores :P

oh my gawd I didnt notice you got a coco worm... ive told you before I want to get a ton of feather dusters for my tank and cocoworms... I think they add a lot of character to tanks :) I CANT wait to see pics of it.

Yea i've always wanted a coco worm. they're sweet. but as usual, we would never get one of those in minnesota. i'm jelous

I love the pistol. i was going to get one when i was at my LFS but they only had one and he was in bad shape. looks like your high fin and him took to each other nicely:)

Originally posted by Shorty5198

Yea i've always wanted a coco worm. they're sweet. but as usual, we would never get one of those in minnesota. i'm jelous

I love the pistol. i was going to get one when i was at my LFS but they only had one and he was in bad shape. looks like your high fin and him took to each other nicely:)

Yeah, the pistol and goby paired up the instant I put them into the tank. the pistol actually swam around the bag in which the goby was chillin during acclimation. when I released the goby, he just darted right after it.

They had tons of coco worms at Jeff's, but they were still pricy - $60.

smokez - the 4-line wrasse died. pretty quick after getting it unfortunately.

phergus_25 - it depends what the market rate is for the acans at the time of fragging, which is based primarily on rarity. I usually just go for whatever is the average fair market value for the corals at the time.

Originally posted by Tigahboy

Yeah, the pistol and goby paired up the instant I put them into the tank.  the pistol actually swam around the bag in which the goby was chillin during acclimation.  when I released the goby, he just darted right after it.

They had tons of coco worms at Jeff's, but they were still pricy - $60.

Marine Depot Live always seems to have their coco worms on sale, and right now they are 49.99, but of course you gotta pay shipping :rolleyes:

http://marinedepotlive.com/1193574.html

ok thanks, well i'm not shure if i'v said it before but let me know if you do frag. That is awsome about your clowns hoasting the yuma, i'm hoping when i get my clown it will hoast my ric or frogspawn.

okay. there's a lot of folks to put on this "list" haha...but when it comes time, I'll go thru my 100 page thread again.

oh. fair market value for acan lord (depending on color morph rite now) is $75-140 per polyp. could become less in the future since they will eventually not be as "rare" as they are now.

He went to the one in Gardenia. It's where most of us refer to when we say, "Jeff's." Was tempted to drive myself back to Jeff's for some ric instead of Dr. Mac's... He had them for the same price when I was there. And it was like buy 4 get 1 free or something... But I'm getting 10 ric and they're supposed to be a variety of colors. I can't put any SPS or LPS in my low light areas around the sand so I'm starting a garden like you. Can always sell some off later when they multiply. Sorry about your wrasse search. :( Be careful that blennie doesn't develop a taste for clam... I know some have. We've been lucky so far, though. ;) *knock on wood* Need pics!

Archived