SaltCritters.com

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

Smokin-Reefer

It should have come with instructions, are you sure they aren't behind the styrofoam? In any even get a pdf instructions at www.euroreef.com but here are the biggies!

1- The silicone grease is used on the o-ring union....I don't know why the sent it with the new model, oh well. use it!

2- Riser pipe = low = dryer, skimmate. Riser pipe = wetter skimmate

3.Clean cup/neck 2 times a week, MINIMUM for max performance.

any other questions?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I didnt' like how the ES series was 24" tall, thats why I opted for the CS, because it's only 20". I couldn't fit a 24" skimmer under my stand and still be able to remove the cup.

Smokin-Reefer

you're right, its www.euro-reef.com.

Just got mine, and I couldn't be happier, hell you knew how much i was looking foward to this!

Can you send it back and either get the cs or the es 5-2?

MMMM BUBBLES!

2758neck.jpg

thats 2 minutes after I plugged it in some water change water...

From what I've read they take a couple of weeks before they really come into their own. Mines already pulling out just as much as my old skimmer was :), I can't wait to see what it can do when it warms up.

Smokin-Reefer

Oh ya, If they are new, they can take some time to break in!

They suggest running them 2g vinegar : 1g water i beleive for a couple of hours before you set it up. It's supposed to get rid of oils from the fabrication process.

I bought mine used though, So I bet it won't take long for it to slime over, and then start taking names!

What size of tank is your skimmer on?

so water should be coming out from the top of the riser tube, rite?

so where should the water level of the sump be? can it be above the very top of the riser tube at its lowest position or should it always be below? I believe the manuel said 6-8" is ideal, but yo, that's hella low. haha.

er2.jpg

Smokin-Reefer

i know people who run them deeper, but Ideally, i'd let the riser tube be out at least a inch or two...

If it was me, I'd just add a baffle to whatever height you want.

or run it at 8"

hey tigah nice tank and good choice on the skimmer. i havent chimed in on your threads cause it has taken me days to catch up on what is going on and read alot of the stuff in here. you wont be dissapointed with this skimmer, in the store i work we use them on all of our tanks and man do they pull out alot of crap.

keep up the good work, hopefully ill be able to get my hands on some of thos lps one of these days. (probably post-college)

maybe ill join all of you in this thread since it seems to be the happenin thing on the forum lately

Thanks for the very kind words, SLO and for the assurances w/ the euroreef.

I noticed you're from Hayward (and school at SLO?). I'm from norcal as well originally - - east bay tho (Oakland then Hercules).

After about a week of having my lettuce nudi, it simply disappeared and I presumed it was dead. Now that was awhile ago and I haven't seen it since.

But just today I noticed a baby lettuce nudi on my tank wall. Maybe its progeny? or maybe just a recent hitchhiker w/ one of my corals? hmmm.

Anyway, he's a cute little guy:

1230a.jpg

NICE skimmer! ;) I finally made it to Jeff's!!! I now have a clam, RBTA, and 2 true percs. and 2 pepp. shrimp. (Along w/ the angel) :D Just thought I'd crash your thread and let you know. Hehehe. No pics until I get my camera back in a week or so... :(

Okay. I think I'm NOT gonna get to my upgrading anytime soon. I'm tapped out of money now. hahhaha. it was bound to happen, rite?

Like by mid-Jan, I should have my fully custom 67g acrylic tank, euro-reef skimmer, calc reactor (w/ no CO2 accessories), 2 external pumps for return and CL, heater w/ digital display, and maybe lights.

that's it. I can't afford anything more. haha. I still need a stand, CO2 accessories for the calc reactor, plumbing parts, LR, LS, sump/fuge. (that's at least another $700).

=/

Haha...Yes, actually I have. =P

And X-mas gifts took a toll on me. And I JUST bought a new digi cam Nikon 4.0MP so I can finally take some decent macro shots. haha.

I never thought I'd see the day either, smokez! ;) How long did it take your clowns to start the molestation of the anemone? Mine are currently trying to move into the angelfish's cove w/ the powerhead... -__- Little pygmy is tougher than I thought. ;) Good luck finding the funds. ;) I know how much it sucks not being able to get the initial setup done... :(

Damn Tigah,

i was actually waitin for that. all us REAL people run out of money, from time to time.:) its all good.

to bad you cant finish the UnNano, i want to see.

To tell ya the truth, i cant even finish my 10g, after the holidays.

Dont feel bad, man, you got a tank that most people would envy. i know i do. :)

Haha...i AM a "real person" tho! I'm definitely not well-off if that's what you are saying. I just use my law school stipend and forgoe anything else that would normally eat up the funds (like going out, buying clothes, seeking medical attention, etc). hehe. not a very good way to live life I know. =P

i do the same^

thats exsactly what i was sayin... all of us, (you, me, and everyone else), are just tryin to get by, right? Isnt that what America is all about, makin money, just to spend it...?

Archived