SaltCritters.com

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

Originally posted by Maxvan1

what is the yellow coral in the middle of the tank (slightly to the left...) looks like a turbinaria?

Correct.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cyanoacrylate super glue to secure frag to rock rubble

Epoxy (the green and white putty you mix together) for securing rock rubble to LR.

i agree with bbkid on the focusing on the colours thing

but i agree 90% with minireef

i like the clear backround alot better,

i mean, dont get me wrong, the blue backround is nice

but i like it clear so much more

hey Tigah, next time you snap some shots, do you think you can take a full set up shot from a few fet back with the lights and stand etc, and a left side tank shot and right side tank shot and a top down shot if you can, just interested in seeing how it looks

while your at it how about an underwater snap shot also :P

Oh My Freaking God. Tigah, dude your tank is awsome. I must buy MH, I must buy MH, I must buy MH. Your tank is an inspiration my friend. True art. Damn that changed alot with the blue back ground too that makes it look out of this site.

Tigah how high is your pendant off the water? I have a 150 over a 20L and I just put some moon lights on, there are only 2 as to the fact that the first set I bought burned out with the ######ty transformer. The original was like yours but now they are just two sepratly mounted LEDs that are on my pendant. It gives like a spotlight effect, do yours do that or did you find a way to keep this from happining, and by the way the tank looks awsome well thanks

-greg

Hey Tigah let me ask you a question. You have a 250W MH and it sits about 10 to 11 inches off your tank right. I noticed that you have your SPS coral quite high in the tank, is that because they (SPS) require that much light? Do you think that a 150W MH be ok for my 20L if I want to put some SPS as well?. Hmm that was 2 questions I guess, haha.

Sup guys. thanks for the comments. I'll respond to your questions soon. I've been pretty sick since yesterday so I was in bed all day. But then I realized "crap! I need to top-off!" So I dragged myself out of bed just now. hehe. i'll be back later. peace.

Travis and Smokez - pics of my tank from a few steps back - and others - in this thread I made awhile back: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=40132

I have pics on pages 1 and 3.

Smokez and Minireef - I definitely agreed w/ you guys before, but I think I'm tired of the plumbing and hearing complaints about it as well. heheh. So I'm going to have to settle w/ blue (since I wasn't too fond of black).

Originally posted by phergus_25

Tigah how high is your pendant off the water? I have a 150 over a 20L and I just put some moon lights on, there are only 2 as to the fact that the first set I bought burned out with the ######ty transformer.  The original was like yours but now they are just two sepratly mounted LEDs that are on my pendant.  It gives like a spotlight effect, do yours do that or did you find a way to keep this from happining, and by the way the tank looks awsome well thanks

-greg

Thanks, greg. I have the 3 leds that came w/ the Target mood lights and they do create a more spotlight effect. I just moved the lights (I didn't physically separate them from the cluster of 3 they came in), so that 2 points towards the opposite ends and 1 towards the middle...I don't think moonlights are a necessity, so I didn't really care if it covered my entire tank.

Oh, and my mh are 10-11" above (like Cesar noted) and this helps spread the "spotlight" out a little more.

Originally posted by Cesar

Hey Tigah let me ask you a question. You have a 250W MH and it sits about 10 to 11 inches off your tank right. I noticed that you have your SPS coral quite high in the tank, is that because they (SPS) require that much light? Do you think that a 150W MH be ok for my 20L if I want to put some SPS as well?. Hmm that was 2 questions I guess, haha.

There is no set "required" amount of light for the SPS. You've probably seen folks have sps under PC's. But the more light you can get over those guys, the faster they'll grow and more intensely they'll color up.

So I definitely like to keep mine as high and close to the mh pendant as possible. So yes, 150w over a shallow 20L tank will be sufficient for SPS. The higher you place them, the better they'll color up and grow. But they will be fine if you don't have them at the "highest" point of your tank w/ 150w mh.

Originally posted by HisReeferness

Awesome tank. That's all I can say.

Thanks, dude! I haven't seen you around, so welcome to reefing! hehe.

Thanks my pendant is about 11" off too. I kinda just pointed it at a ric becuase it made the coolest color, the LEDs I bought from AutoZone are at the right lumes or LUX or whatever to make corals looks awsome. I dont have mine going all night just becuause i dont know how it really effects things in the long run. Well as always your tank is awsome, cant wait to see the new one.

-greg

Just an outside opinion, but they should pair up. I'd think you'd have offspring kinda like a mule, though... Unable to reproduce, but still alive.

On a side note... Help me Tigah!!! I'm stuck in Big Bear!!! :o I miss my poor angelfish! Still no coral nipping even with the awesome new "flavors"? ;) Hopefully I'll have the same luck when I make the LFS run on my way home.

And I like the trio of blues. Hell... I like all the SPS you have... And all the LPS... ::shakes fist:: But the blues are nice. ;)

Originally posted by ryux21

hey Tigah, do you know if i have a black perc and a orange perc, would the two mate?

Actually, they should be able to mate w/ no problem. They are both of the same species, A. ocellaris. Just a different color variant...like humans! So the mule situation should not apply.

Originally posted by Kogut

Just an outside opinion, but they should pair up. I'd think you'd have offspring kinda like a mule, though... Unable to reproduce, but still alive.

On a side note... Help me Tigah!!! I'm stuck in Big Bear!!! :o I miss my poor angelfish! Still no coral nipping even with the awesome new "flavors"? ;) Hopefully I'll have the same luck when I make the LFS run on my way home.

And I like the trio of blues. Hell... I like all the SPS you have... And all the LPS... ::shakes fist:: But the blues are nice. ;)

=) You definitely need to get a coral in your tank. Good luck w/ finding some nice specimens at the LFS.

mdorder1.jpg

The box is cool b/c it has exact same dimensions as my tank (36x12x16) LOL.

sorry. just felt compelled to point that out. =P

mdorder2.jpg

I'm not sure why I'm taking pictures of the box...but I did...so here it is:

mdorder3.jpg

Archived