Top Shelf Aquatics

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Kogut

Lol. Amazing how off topic your threads tend to get, Dennis. ;) {I know I'm not helping any... but oh well!} Hey... Got a question for you... If you could throw another fish into your tank, since you have the same size and selection issues as me, what would you get? My girlfriend feels bad for the angel being all alone. I was thinking about a sand sifter like you have, but the top of my sand has turned into a lot of CC now... :( Aside from totally stripping down the tank, I don't think I can swap out and get fine sand now... :( So any ideas??? I would really like to see a firefish in here, but w/ no top I'm afraid of fish-jerky. :( Sorry to hijack your thread, but I wanted your opinion! ;)

Yeah... The first sentence of that... ;)

Okay....I'm still mind-boggled from the trip I just made to pick up some new additions...what first began as a quick visit to pick-up a pink bird's nest (nothing particularly special), soon turned into the ALL-TIME RARE coral find yet!

A couple of these corals TOTALLY blow my mind, man! I'm still a little weak in the knees. I shall lay down for a few before I go on.

I'll start from least rare to most rare of the batch. hehe.

Nice Red Monti frag

1226c.jpg

Pink Bird's Nest - a nice big frag

1226e.jpg

Coveted Oregon Blue Tort!

1226d.jpg

Next post will be 2 super rare finds! yes, I like suspense. =P

HUGE 3"+ Pink Ricordea YUMA! I've never seen it this intensely pink!

1226a.jpg

Who says Acan Echinatas are mostly dull brown - this guy is AMAZING NEON colors! I've never ever seen any even close to this guy's coloration. This pic really doesn't capture the fluorescence of this acan echinata.

1226b.jpg

okay. i'm spent. good day.

P.S. if you don't stop posting all these awesome acan's and yumas, then i'm gonna get addicted to them too. That pink yuma looks nicer than I ever could have imagined (definitely worth the price, eh?)

rnosal - thanks! I'll be posting a full tank shot soon.

VicSkimmr - I can get you another frag of oregon blue tort...but they are like $50 per frag...and w/ shipping I dunno if it's worth it for you. =/ But you got first dibs when we do a trade.

And yes, the pink yuma was definitely worth the price. =)

Beautiful new additons, and beatuiful tank. You got a great deal on the Oregon Blue Tort. I have never seen them less than $100 for a 1" frag.

I can't wait to see your tank after it grows out a bit more, and the corals all start filling in.

My only suggestiuon (and don't get mad), is the back needs some kind of background. Anything to hide the tubes.

You did an excellent job, and I enjoy watching its progress.

B)

Bob

Hehe. yes. I think every 5th page of this thread, the background comment resurfaces. lol. You'd think I would get a clue by now. =) I will take care of that soon...just keep forgetting to get replacement background sheet w/ my recent coral mania.

And thank you for the compliment! =)

hey tigah, do you have any more specifications about whats in your fuge. I'm setting up a 5 gallon fuge and I was wondering what you put in yours.

BTW, that's a nice full tank shot. It has inspired me to go take one of mine!

LR, LS, tons and tons of chaeto.

Got my Aqua C Remora Skimmer, Aquaclear HOB for chemipure + polyfilter, heater, return pump.

I think that pretty much covers it. I'll take a look at your tank shot now. =)

Archived