Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

i would love to stop by and take a look at your tank!!

like i said earlier, ill bring the beer!.

Tigah, is that a yellow cucmuber, ive wanted one of those, but im not sure if it will get to big in my 10g.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cesar - Blastos = LPS

Mini - yellow cucumbers stay relatively small. just be cautious b/c if they get too stressed or die, supposedly they release toxins that will wipe out your tank.

Originally posted by Tigahboy

Cesar - Blastos = LPS

Mini - yellow cucumbers stay relatively small.  just be cautious b/c if they get too stressed or die, supposedly they release toxins that will wipe out your tank.

thanks!

yeah i heard that too, but i dont stess my stuff to much. i aslo heard there algea eaters, "kinda" like snails.

you know,? come to think of it, ive not seen any snails in your tank??you have any kinds of snails. Tigah.

I don't like snails. I bought a couple for aesthetics tho...like a mexican turbo, cerith, and one other. I think I have 4 snails in total. But if they start to knock over things or make too many snail babies, they're gonna be taken out of my tank.

I have some stomatella that came as hitchikers as well.

Originally posted by Tigahboy

I don't like snails.  I bought a couple for aesthetics tho...like a mexican turbo, cerith, and one other.  I think I have 4 snails in total.  But if they start to knock over things or make too many snail babies, they're gonna be taken out of my tank.

I have some stomatella that came as hitchikers as well.

i dont like the remodeling either.:)

i have three nass. snails that sift pretty good, and are only a pain when i feed.

your cucumber doesnt knock stuff over.?

Travis- nope...no new tank shots...i'll have one up later tonight. =)

Mini- my yellow cucumbers never really move. If you place them somewhere lower, they'll move to higher ground...but after that, they NEVER move unless disturbed.

Hahah. yeah....or an anti-clean-up crew revolution. I'm not sure why or how a "clean-up crew" has become such a necessity for beginning tanks. It sounds like they are treated like they are as functionally as important as LR these days.

You can limit disgusting algae growth by more appropriate care and control of water parameters. Clean-up crew is just a bandaid approach that sometimes (not always) fixes the problem only temporarily.

yes i udnerstand, as of right now everything is very clean in my tank

.....except my subtrate

i dont want to clean the glass because im worried the 2 astreas and 1 turbo i have will die, but i like to see it crystal clear

but my subtrate, my goodness

well beginning tanks always go through the new tank syndrome, where there are various algae blooms, god knows my tank had some nasty ones, thats why i originally bought my cleanup crew.

Yeah, when I first started my tank, it was fuzzy brown and green after a month when it finished cycling. So I put in a handful of snails that ate it right up. There's still a bit of fuz now, but I don't have more than 8 snails, including 2 nass. and 3 cerith... My angel loves the fuzz, though. ;) When I change out my sand (which I'll do next week after a visit to Jeff's) then I'm going to probably get a goby like what you have, Tigah to keep my sand bed as perfect as yours.

Originally posted by VicSkimmr

well beginning tanks always go through the new tank syndrome, where there are various algae blooms, god knows my tank had some nasty ones, thats why i originally bought my cleanup crew.

I never had a clean-up crew. even for new tank syndrome. it goes away with some good skimming and time.

Yeah, I don't know if the algae blooms are caused by fluctuating parameters like most people say... or if it's just inexperience on the reefkeepers part. I know that I can explain every one of my algae outbreaks, and the cause each time was my fault.

wow, i'm impressed, and i don't usually like LPS that much. I don't want to even begin to imagine what these frags must cost, so I'll just sit here and drool :)

I got my sources. : I've never seen em in this color morph before. Not for sale at least. These guys are beautiful!

But yeah, most of what I get are from private coral keepers...rest are just random buys at LFS's.

These were the last of the bunch for sale tho. I believe there were 2 in total.

Word...no more online for me. Almost all of what I got when I first started this thread were local. It just requires a crap-load of driving...probably put like 500-600 miles on my car just from coral pick-ups.

Archived