Cultivated Reef

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, have you posted pics of all your acros? I see some that look pretty sweet butI'm pretty sure I haven't seen I haven't seen a closeup of them yet ;)

Better watch out that the overstocking police don't show up. ;) I still like your turbina and frogspawn. They (along w/ the trumpet) are the first things that grab my attention when I see the full shots. I can't wait to see you put everything in the new tank. It's going to be amazing.

EtOH was in town and he stopped by to take some macro shots for me. Thanks, EtOH! Next time I'm in PA, I'll drop by and clean your tank w/ my scraper. haha.

And as mentioned previously, I picked up some new additions today...and then some....

Here's a sneak peak of EtOH's photo shoot and 3 of the 4 new additions I picked up today...(will post the complete photo shoot and new additions later tonite...gotta date w/ my gf to attend to first...fresh outdoor air at last!)

pre1223a.jpgpre1223b.jpgpre1223c.jpg

Thanks, Etoh! Here's some pics of my new additions...courtesy of EtOH. (I'm saving 1 special new addition for last)

Amazing Tear Drop Maxima

1223a.jpg

Pink and White Zoo's

1223p.jpg

Green ringed Purple/Brown Blasto wellsi

1223q.jpg

Very nice. Still love that clam! And yes, the tank is much better in person and a great help to anyone new looking to set one up. ;) Any ideas on me dealing w/ my CC problem, dennis? It was nice at first, but now it's not getting cleaned and is turning green/brown. :(

Originally posted by Kogut

Very nice. Still love that clam! And yes, the tank is much better in person and a great help to anyone new looking to set one up. ;) Any ideas on me dealing w/ my CC problem, dennis? It was nice at first, but now it's not getting cleaned and is turning green/brown. :(

Replace it w/ pure aragonite - sugar fine or other smaller grades.

Don't replace all at once obviously, but maybe a quarter at a time. =) Thanks for comment, dude.

That first pic of the clown looking out in front of the frogspawn is very very nice! Made me laugh. Such a clownfish. ;) My concern is creating a ton of dust in the water... :|

Your tank looks incredible, I check up on your additions almost daily. I love all of the rare and exotic species of coral you have. I know that you hear this all the time, but I guess it can't hurt to hear it again. Nice job and keep up the good work.

Originally posted by Kogut

That first pic of the clown looking out in front of the frogspawn is very very nice! Made me laugh. Such a clownfish. ;) My concern is creating a ton of dust in the water... :|

Dust will settle. no need to fear it. Just do it slowly. I rearrange my rockwork all the time and kick up tons of "dust" but it always settles back down. wait...unless you have a DSB, then there would be more concern...but you didn't the last time I checked. so it's all good.

And all you great nano-reefers are welcome to drop by! And invite me over to take a look at yours as well! I've seen a few so far from other forums, but none of yours yet.

And I'll have snacks ready again (but EtOH and his cousin didn't even eat any when i offered!)....sorry Kogut, Asin, Cesar, and others to whom I didn't offer such snacks.

Originally posted by screeftennis

Your tank looks incredible, I check up on your additions almost daily.  I love all of the rare and exotic species of coral you have.  I know that you hear this all the time, but I guess it can't hurt to hear it again.  Nice job and keep up the good work.

Screeftennis, it definitely doesn't hurt at all to hear such comments. =) I always welcome feedback, both positive and negative - just keep it constructive tho. hehe. But positive feedback is most welcome since it gives me some type of validation/justification for spending all this time and money into my reef....cuz otherwise, I think I'd just feel like a complete fool for doing all this. haha.

Tigahboy that's one hell of a tank dude. Those Blastos are awsome. Are the Blastos considered SPS? Are those Ricordeas new or just new pictures? Fantastic job dude.

Archived