Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all. Making a trip to Jeff's on Monday. Hopefully he will have some stuff in stock... :| I at least am going to get my sand. If they don't have any black clowns (which I doubt they will) then I found another place in Florida that ships and sells black clowns for $30... Then I can start grabbing some frags and such. How much work are those blastos to care for and how much do you want for a frag? ;)

Kogut. I sent you a PM already regarding those. hehe. And blastos are not too had to take care of. Just like any LPS.

Angel, do a search. Lots of ppl get glass tanks drilled for overflows.

You got black clowns? I've never seen em. Until you post pics, they are free for all, Travis. haha.

And since Kogut got cherub before you, aren't you in fact copying him? lol.

HA DANGIT!!!!, I need to get my Digi from thw work place.....I just got the clowns like 2 or 3 days ago ;), check out my thread, and READ up on them :P

uh..ah..I..Was...I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU!!!!...I AM NOT TO BLAME...IT'S..IT'S.....KOGUT!!!!..Yes, it is him, he said he wanted two black clowns...yulp that's the person who started it........

I've wanted black clowns for a long time! :P And Tigah was the first... I loved the clowns, then saw yours and was hooked. I would really like an anemone for them to host in, but I'm not sure if I want to risk an anemone moving around when I start throwing SPS frags in there... :| IDK... After your horror story, Tigah... IDK... Loved your anemone, though... :|

Put the anenmoe in before you stock any corals. that way it can find it's favorite spot and won't try and move on your corals when you add them to your tank.

RBTA can still move tho...so be cautious. even after picking it's spot, if anything goes a little off w/ your water params, it may start to move again. always a risk w/ keeping anemones in a mixed reef.

Tigah,

Whats with the blasto craze lately? I haven't bought one since the merletti, but I want more, they are by far my favorite LPS. Cool to see you cut that awesome pink one up (wink wink). I just got a Dremel 400 XPR for x-mas today, so when I get back into town the acans getting chopped! When you cut yours was it as easy as they say on RC? The healing rate seems to be pretty remarkable on these guys. Anyways good to see the tank is going well, can't wait to see the new setup! Take it easy...

~BH20

Hey BelowH20,

Yeah, I've been looking for blasto wellsi's forever. Our LFS's over here don't seem to carry them often at all, so when I found a bunch, I just grabbed them all. haha. Knowing full well that I will probably have to frag and sell some in order for me to afford having all the colors they had available w/o killing my wallet.

I think dremeling the acan was easier than the blastos for me. And the acan lord I fragged recovered a lot faster than the blastos. But regardless, I think any LPS is pretty easy to frag if you use the diamond cutter dremel bit. Put it on the lowest speed first in order to have better control/precision.

But yes, their healing rate does amaze me. You can like even cut right thru the middle of a polyp (tho I try to avoid that), and they still survive. remarkable. I think the key is just to not dremel your colony too many times in a short period of time. ppl end up w/ dead colonies if they put them under such stress too often.

Sell me your acan frag or trade if you have one that is different than mine. =)

TRADE!!! do you have any frags available? Mine is very pink compared to most I've seen, and the small polyps have pink mouths, along with light green stripes scattered throughout. I want to trade very badly for an acan (one or two polyps), and I would also be willing to work out a deal for a frag of that pink blasto. I have a really nice frag of the red/ w lime ring blasto I could trade. I'll give you a PM when I get the frags all situated, and hopefully we can work something out. Thanks for the info...

BH20

If you have a nice acan lord to trade...i can offer this great 3+ polyp acan lord for trade.

1222a.jpg

Unfortunately, that pink one is pending...but if you have something that would be worth trading for, I might "un-pend" for you. hahah. send me pics via PM or email to me wu1979@gmail.com and we can deal.

The brown/purple w/ green ring is also available to frag and trade.

Rainbow blastos I'll have to wait a little until they grow out more.

I might also have deep red blasto wellsi to trade if my deal goes thru w/ the guys.

Archived