Cultivated Reef

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tigahboy

haha...I think barbe-hatten project guy takes the prize for that.

I actually don't like the thread to be super long...I will probably end this one and start a new one soon.

already...? geez and 2005 has only seen 2 days of this thread.

yeah..this thread has more pages and replies than my old one that I thought was super long....that thread was around since august too! haha.

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

Hey Tigah i've got that 20L sump/fuge running... it's doing great... already full of macro and LR... i don't have any pics of it installed (to tell you the truth it's a little emabarasssing at the moment, we had to rip out some studs to get the sump in)

here is a link to the new thread for Bubba Barbe's setup in KY...

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=47256

bhp, looks good...but I still want to see it in action!

crunk, it appears both my lettuce nudi and abalone has been making them babies. I haven't seen my abalone around either.

Tigah, it's because you, me, uchiha, trav, and a few others are always posting random things on here. ;) Now I'm only increasing the problem! Well anyways I have 1 clown hosting my anemone, the other tries to get close, but it warned off by the bigger of the two... :( The funniest thing, though... My angel is less than a couple centimeters away from the anemone all the time... The clown doesn't bother him... It's like the angel is trying to host... Never even tries to take a bite out of him.. Weird... O.o

hehe...my clowns are actually trying to host in my pink yuma now...and i saw the orange clown sucking on one of its skirt tentacles. I wonder if the yuma will be really irked by all this attention.

Haha. Might be. My anemone retreated into a hole and had maybe 10 tenticles sticking out right before I turned the light on. I guess it decided light was worth the price of molestation. ;) Hopefully the yuma doesn't get too mad.

hey kogut, be happy that your percs are actually hosting, my oldest perc ive had for 5 WEEKS and my youngest for 3 WEEKS and they still havnt figured out what the hell to do with the god damned torch, all they do is molest each other and look pretty

Im might of missed it if someone said it, but do you think that the LR you added most recently, (the stuff that you cured for a couple weeks) might be the mothership where all the new critters are apearing from?

Larnie - already sold.

Shaz - most definitely a contributor to all the recent life. Just surprised if the lettuce nudi came from the new LR since they aren't one of the hardiest critters that I would expect to survive the curing process.

hey Tigah, I told you earlier that my tank is finally done, and the sand and salt is on the way here, I put water in my tank and did a test run, no leaks, butt.... I Totaly forgot that the scwd's u-tubes will back siphon into my bottom tank. Do you have a check valve under your SCWD, or do you have enough area for water to fill up in your fuge, that back siphoning wouldnt be a problem? I check homedepot and the only check valves they had were heavy metal ones, and im not completely sure they were made for water. I noticed marine depot has Pvc check valves which look good, but expensive. Again, did you have this problem on your tank? Sorry if i did a little hijacking on your thread ???

I have enough room in my fuge to account for back-siphoning. but you can also drill a hole in the U-tube above the water level so when the power shuts off, it won't back-siphon.

look at kappa's thread, he shows where he drilled the holes exactly.

Tigah! Just thought I'd extend your thread a little and say hey again. Going to order my 9 acro frags for $99 from Dr. Mac tomorrow. :D I also get a nice discount on it since I ordered my rock from him. :) I've started to remove the top lair of my sand (the coral part) and am going to replace it w/ arag-alive fiji pink. Just like someone else's tank. ;) Would you suggest that goby you have for sand cleaning or another? Thanks bro.

Diamond goby is the most dedicated sand sifter out there. so once you complete the switcharoo, your tank will be more diamond goby friendly. but do wait a little. diamond gobies get most of their food from the sand, and if it's new sand (even tho it is arag "alive"), you want to give it some time to culture the life necessary to sustain it.

and congratz on the 9 for 99...I hear dr. mac has some of the best sps selection out there.

Yeah. I look through his stuff all the time. Most of the corals are around $90-150 each and worth every bit. He does have a couple acans, not the really rare ones, but they're big colonies. Like $200+ for them, I think. ;)

I also got a new RO/DI unit so I can always have water ready for top-off or mixing w/ synthetic salt...but that's another post.

here's some pictures I took w/ my new camera...towards the end I realized that I had it set on a lower than 4MP setting...haha...but the picture quality is still much better than my last camera.

Just some zoo's...

104b.jpg

104h.jpg

Archived