Coral Vue Hydros

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

Put the tripod to use again...here's a couple shots.

Highlighting my "rainbow" ricordea! Everything looks better in rainbow. hehe.

0110l.jpg

Yes, the maxima again...

0110n.jpg

Not a great pic, oh well. An acan lord frag next to the hot pink echinophyllia

0110j.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I may ask, how do you fund your reef? You must have a good paying job or somthing? What's your Secret? You a mofia hitman or somthin'??

To the couple I met at The Aquarium in Culver City the other day. Say hi (in here or thru PM) if you've found the forum! I want to hear about your purchases!

Originally posted by Tigahboy

edit: oops...forgot the pic of the camera + tripod.  

0109c.jpg

Raise your hand if you've got an extra digital camera on hand to take a picture of your digital camera! :D

Did you get your tripod and take this pic before or after the TOTM gauntlet was tossed? lol

Your tank is beautiful, and this picture is simply mah-volous (for some reason, I seem to be pulling out old SNL tonight :) - wow, that dates me!).

I bought the camera before the TOTM thread. I just wanted to capture more details.

Tripod, I also wanted to get, but just didn't have the motivation to take proactive steps to find one. The TOTM thread was a partial incentive to get a little more motivated.

But me cleaning the salt creep that was trapped between the tank back and the background sheet....that was completely motivated by the TOTM thread. haha.

Well, it looks amazing - the tank and photo are professional quality. I've been thinking that it's time to recruit you for an online tutorial on close up shots of our critters. Now that your pictures have actually improved...

Haha...thanks. But no need for me to reinvent the wheel. There is already a great website that basically taught me everything I know (still a lot more to learn) about reef photography. Uchiha recommended the site to me, and it's been a great resource:

http://www.ximinasphotography.com/lessons/index.html

just skip to #6 "Techniques" lots of good stuff there on photographing your reef w/ digicam. hope it helps!

Originally posted by gavin123

great tank.

what are you dosing to keep those calcium/alk levels up?

gavin

Thanks dude.

twice a week I dose Seachem brand Reef Plus, Reef Carbonate, and Reef Complete in succession (15 minutes between adding each)...and my calcium stays at 430ppm.

I'm gonna get a calcium reactor soon tho. Much easier and more stable.

I was in on it...check out the thread...i'm under his list of "cool" ppl. hahah. but unfortunately, I was so freakin busy today that I couldn't place the order like it was instructed. oh well. I'm gonna try again tomorrow morning just in case it's not too late.

I was gonna get the CR-1.

Originally posted by vibe

;)

oops. haha. sorry. juggling 3 things at once here. I have an Aqua Medic Ocean Light 250w DE HQI - 20K Aqualine (AB ) bulb. The best lights out there IMO. And they sell em at marinedepot.com for $279 (no tax and no shipping added) for a complete bulb-pendant-ballast-mounting kit package...just plug n play.

and thanks for the compliment, vibe!

Originally posted by ccjung

I think that tripod is a tad short, and the camera a tad old.. Those pile of rocks you take pictures of are looking OK...

I agree that camera is an older model...they got the 4200 out now, rite? But at $200, it was a good deal. =)

Archived