inTank Media Baskets

Tigahboy's Reef 2005

Tigahboy

Man. That sucks about the skeletons. :( So how's the wrasse doing? Playing nicely??? ;) The angel is soooo funny to watch around the acros! He goes right up to them... And looks at them... Then lunges at a piece of algae on the rocks just to the side. He's sooo pushing it!!! ;) How's that sick clam doing, too? I'd buy a frag off of you if I wasn't flying skimmer-less at the moment... :( Need to by a Remora because my seaclone was actually growing so much algae my flow was almost non-existant... :| Sry for the hi-jack kinda... :| Peace!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who sold you that piece? that way i can stay away from that guy. geez, what a jerk, i wouldve flipped out if that happened to me. how long has it looked like that? since its from a wild colony sometimes things like that just happen. they aren't used to being fragged and mishandled(read: shipped) so they stress out and die. i just read about some guy losing an 800 dollar colony at rc(i think). ridiculous.

well at least you're seeing improvement! i always try to wait at least a week after fragging to buy any coral(even lords if i can help it!) just to make sure that they're gonna make it, ya know?

WOW I could not imagine looknig a 800 dollar piece of coral... I would get discouraged and wanna quit the hobby. It seems like I remember hearing someone saying something aobut that though.. it might of been in the chat room.

Originally posted by yoshiod9

i'm half asian....if that counts for anything(half japanese[okinawan if you wanna get down to it]/ half white....though i look realllly reallllly white).  lol.  

supernip- i came in this past saturday(1/8)...right when ming was getting ready to leave.  i have a lip ring and my gf came with me to see the store.  i was probably running around the store all crazy-like cuz of the "acan-fever" i get whenever i step into the store.  

tigah- i'm loving the new echinata colony.  do you mind if i ask how much you got it for?  doesn't really matter though....it's hella sweet.

Sorry I dont work saturdays. Perhaps a sunday and I might see you. However, your description fits so many of our customers, it's hard to really say.

So I heard a strange sound coming from behind my tank. I just finished fragging some stuff and I took a look behind my tank to check out the noise.

Turns out my barnacle blenny had jumped out of my tank and just happened to land into the fish isolation box that was hanging from the back of my tank.

What are the freakin odds that it jumped and landed directly into the HOB box?! I quickly tossed him back into my tank and then he swam off into his cave. crazy guy.

I never name my fish, but he shall be called "Lucky" from now on. ;) He's one lucky bastard.

Here's a pic of the HOB box that he jumped into:

0115a.jpg

Forgot to mention this one last night. Went to Kogut's place last night to do an SPS frag trade and I took a couple of pics of his nice sps tank.

Here's a pic of the yellow w/ purple polyp encrusting monti (on the left side):

0116e.jpg

uchiha also dropped by today. Bought a couple frags of acan from me. and he finally got to see my tank in person. Next time I'm in SD, I'm gonna check out your tank too, man.

it's fun getting to put faces to all the usernames on here.

A lot doesn't come close. ;) Hehe. How's he doin' for you? Slime up the place? ;) Yours got detached from his LR and stuck right in the middle on the right rock... Have to take pics w/ my crappy Sony later. ;)

it was a pleasure to finally meet you... too bad my visit was short, maybe when u get more frags out i'll be dropping by more often! thanks for the stuff, and i hope they survive the "overnight" back down to SD

btw, Tigah's tank in person is a whole diff. story, some of his corals look 10x more AMAZING than in the pix, esp. that yuma... as vibrant as it is already in pictures, seeing it in person is just beautiful!

thanks again dennis, cya next time around :)

I'll second the vote for his tank being even more amazing (if that's possible) in person. And I haven't seen it in a couple months. ;) I need to come by again and just marvel at it. Haha. Too long of a drive, though. ;)

Bad news: I decided to take my pygmy angel out of my tank. Got too paranoid. He hasn't nipped at anything alive yet, but he started to nip at some quasi-dead tissue of the acan echinata after I fragged it. Yeah, that is normal, but I don't have a prop tank to keep the frags isolated, so I just took out my pygmy altogether (I took out my cleaner shrimp last week or so).

more on it here: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...8375#post418375

Good news: I think I've perfected my SIT-n-WAIT method of catching fish. It only took me like 30 minutes this time versus 2 hours before.

It involves bending the net so the net part forms 90 degree angle w/ the handle and clipping a piece of food to my tongs. Then I let the tongs hover above the net (which is parallel to the tank bottom) and let the fish nip at it a few times (so they are directly over the net at this point) before I swooooop it upwards and catch the fish. I caught my cleaner shrimp this way too after attempting for like 2 hours to catch him by just waiting for it to get near the net.

I could've totally caught my 2 clowns and even my hi fin goby this way since both were like chilling right over the net. The pygmy (a shy guy) took awhile longer to get used to the net, but it soon started to hover above the net for prolonged periods of time...I then swooped it up (and one of the clowns) and isolated it. Anyone want to buy a cherub off me? If not, I'll just take it back to LFS for store credit.

here's a link to a thread I just created about the very simple SIT-n-WAIT method: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=48451

Lol. Guess Too bad we didn't have that perfected when I tried to get the cleaner. ;) If mine starts to nip anything, I'm just going to get a 6-line or a 4-line as a replacement. Can't blame you for getting rid of it, though. Especially w/ all your acans.

More bad news.

I just pulled mine out of my tank too. It NEVER nipped a coral. However, it was waaay too territorial and my tankmates were not happy. And that made me not happy. I posted how I got mine out in your thread as well Tigah.

Archived