Pod Your Reef

Sharbuckles IM Fusion 15 Cube

Sharbuckle

How’s the Kamoer ATO working out?

I’m debating on getting it myself for my fusion 15. It’s either the Kamoer or DIY float switch route.

Great looking tank as well!

14 hours ago, surfy said:

How’s the Kamoer ATO working out?

I’m debating on getting it myself for my fusion 15. It’s either the Kamoer or DIY float switch route.

Great looking tank as well!

I actually decided to just put a lid on top and top off manually. I can go 4-5 days without having to top off. 

Having said that, the Kamoer ato is my favourite ato I’ve ever tried. It works perfectly. 

Awesome, I was awaiting your reply before ordering. I’m going on vacation in august so want to get it going now to avoid any issues.

Thanks.

Water change just finished. The tank was looking super pissed off today. Every coral aside from some of the mushrooms were closed up. 50% water change should help with whatever that was about.

First water changes in a while.. let’s see how things go 

Tank is looking okay today. A couple of the leathers open but not fully extended. May do another change for the heck of it. Replaced old chemi pure blue with new. Added floss holder instead of socks. Tired of filter socks. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sharbuckle said:

Tank is looking okay today. A couple of the leathers open but not fully extended. May do another change for the heck of it. Replaced old chemi pure blue with new. Added floss holder instead of socks. Tired of filter socks. 

I feel that. I’m thinking about removing mine as well. Not sure what I would put in there, maybe some rock rubble with floss on the top. 

2 hours ago, Lebowski_ said:

I feel that. I’m thinking about removing mine as well. Not sure what I would put in there, maybe some rock rubble with floss on the top. 

I had a friend 3D print a floss holder for me. I could ask for the blueprint if you’re interested. 

Added a hygger mini powerhead last night to get some more flow, it was badly needed.

this morning, EVERYTHING is pissed off…. Big water change tomorrow and I’m thinking of ripping out the caulerpa 

• Wow 1
2 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

Added a hygger mini powerhead last night to get some more flow, it was badly needed.

this morning, EVERYTHING is pissed off…. Big water change tomorrow and I’m thinking of ripping out the caulerpa 

My baby toadstool only opens up if it has a lot of flow on it, for some reason. Hope the tank settles down for ya.

17 hours ago, ml86743 said:

Peaks and valleys...lol

Any idea what's happening? 

17 hours ago, ml86743 said:

Peaks and valleys...lol

Any idea what's happening? 

Honestly I have no idea but that’s what lazy no testing Reefing gets you. I have a few suspects. The caulerpa, the addition of prime water conditioner on my last water change. Lack of flow… 

This morning I ripped out about 90% of the caulerpa and I plan on getting some sort of baby algae eating fish to finish off the rest. Maybe a baby rabbitfish for a month and then rehome. 

Doing a 50% water change this morning and another tomorrow. Going to try a soft reset.

It’s only the coral that are upset, fish and inverts are all quite happy. 

• Like 1

Okay so removing 90% of the caulerpa and doing the water change this morning seems to have worked a bit. I also replaced the chemi pure blue a few days ago.

11439C51-8C4E-4F2F-923E-2536AFB3CB50.jpeg

• Like 3
6 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Is that an upside down toadstool in the back right corner?

Haha yea I ripped the foot of it by accident. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 6/25/2023 at 8:28 AM, debbeach13 said:

Is that an upside down toadstool in the back right corner?

The toadstool has righted itself and is happy once again, amazing how fast coral recovers.

85F397A9-B03E-42AA-A137-1B3A3923FDA6.jpeg

• Like 7
sam_the_reefer

They will shade the corals beneath them eventually, but I agree they look really majestic when fully opened and fluffy.

• Like 2
Just now, xellos88 said:

They will shade the corals beneath them eventually, but I agree they look really majestic when fully opened and fluffy.

Oh absolutely they will… I just try to have low light coral underneath. I foresee this tank will eventually be a couple sarcophyton and some discosoma mushrooms scattered about. 

• Like 2

This little pink Nepthea Frag has been quietly growing behind the sarcophyton and engulfed by caulerpa. Happy to see it today. 

4E6DAF29-E610-4E82-B3E3-BDB7D72B077A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...